Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:32:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Amazing Levitating Welsh Granny

Started by Alberon, March 05, 2024, 01:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Video Game Fan 2000

in my dad it was SUPER GRAN

in these woke times the kids have make do with SUPINE GRAN

Dr M1nx PhD

Jasha

Used to work at a firm with an 8t gantry crane, new apprentices got given the crane buttons in one hand and a shackle to hold onto in the other. Wait until they'd lifted themselves around 10 feet in the air then isolate it and leave them there. Possibly one for the childish things that make you laugh thread

Video Game Fan 2000

would be amazing if Andy Crane just lifted her up and put her down to the Bad Influence theme

popcorn

Quote from: Alberon on March 05, 2024, 01:32:17 PM"Don't hang about like Ann, come down to Best One to get the best deals!!! The only thing going up in this shop is our staff, not the prices!!"

Surely the customers are going up here, not the staff? What does it mean for the staff to "go up"?

idunnosomename

i'm genuinely at loss how someone can watch the video without the weirdly inappropriate music and scream in laughter at it. just thinking of how your skin could get caught up in the mechanism, ugh, or hair, tearing at the scalp.

it's heartening how she takes it in such good humour, "could only happen to me!", so it will be sad when she inevitably is revealed to be an enormous racist*.

*a joke.

badaids

Yeah?  That Granny comes levitating round my neck of the woods she'll go home wearing a glass in her face.

Butchers Blind

Watch for a spate of old people trying to get caught in the shutter mechanisms, like when those pensioners tried to get in on the Cpt Tom grift.

Brian Freeze

Whoever made her coat should be publicising the fact.
Decent tear strength resistance with very good seams.

Not funny though. Screaming with laughter? Fuck off.

Kankurette

Quote from: Underturd on March 05, 2024, 03:56:05 PMI thought all Welsh grannies could levitate, it's a national talent.
Scottish grannies can't and that's why you're not allowed to shove them off buses.

steve98

Readers should ignore that^ Scottish granny factoid - it's wrong.

The Dog

They shut down all the clubs and recreation centres due to cuts, so now these old people are just roaming the streets trying to get their kicks however they can. It's no wonder they are turning to motorised security shutters as an escape from their bleak day-to-day existence.

another Mr. Lizard

Glebe

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on March 05, 2024, 07:41:06 PMin my dad it was SUPER GRAN

in these woke times the kids have make do with SUPINE GRAN

SUPER GRAN was in your dad? ;)

Senior Baiano

Icehaven

Quote from: popcorn on March 05, 2024, 09:48:25 PMSurely the customers are going up here, not the staff? What does it mean for the staff to "go up"?

She's staff, she works in the shop.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Glebe on March 06, 2024, 09:16:50 AMSUPER GRAN was in your dad? ;)

Wouldn't be the most deviant thing to happen with Super Gran

Also it's weird to watch that as it's my neighbourhood

Glebe

I can't bring myself to watch it. Is there nuthin' that aye cannae watch?

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Glebe on March 06, 2024, 09:16:50 AMSUPER GRAN was in your dad? ;)

there's no way to know for sure

that goes for everyone born between 1960 and 1986

Senior Baiano

Did ye know that Supergran, Gudrun Ure, is still alive per wikipedia, and about to celebrate her 98th birthday next Tuesday

idunnosomename

Here's hoping she doesnt get caught in the roller mechanism of a storefront security shutter before her special day!!!!

Senior Baiano

Or get in a ruckus with B.A Cunterson Baracas

popcorn

Quote from: Icehaven on March 06, 2024, 09:32:20 AMShe's staff, she works in the shop.

Is she? Where did you get that info?

(I mean this doesn't matter or anything but now I'm curious)

Icehaven

Quote from: popcorn on March 08, 2024, 02:16:18 PMIs she? Where did you get that info?

(I mean this doesn't matter or anything but now I'm curious)

The article I read, think it was the BBC one, said she was the cleaner.

Video Game Fan 2000

popcorn

Quote from: Icehaven on March 08, 2024, 06:53:15 PMThe article I read, think it was the BBC one, said she was the cleaner.

Oh my god you're right.

QuoteAnne Hughes, 72, a cleaner at the Best One convenience store in Tonteg, Rhondda Cynon Taf, was lifted several feet up when her coat got caught.

Video Game Fan 2000

several feet? maybe she was politely lifting herself so rishi sunak could pass underneath

Glebe

Quote from: Senior Baiano on March 08, 2024, 12:58:11 PMDid ye know that Supergran, Gudrun Ure, is still alive per wikipedia, and about to celebrate her 98th birthday next Tuesday

Is there nuthin' that she cannae do?! Happy Birthday Gudrun!🥳🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Icehaven

Quote from: popcorn on March 08, 2024, 09:21:31 PMOh my god you're right.

Indeed. She deserves a raise after this! (Thankyouverymuch)

Senior Baiano

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on March 08, 2024, 09:38:37 PMseveral feet? maybe she was politely lifting herself so rishi sunak could pass underneath

Overdid it didn't she? Or was Sunak on a unicycle and wearing a stovepipe hat