Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:13:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Hot notables in YOUR area

Started by bgmnts, March 08, 2024, 11:23:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Unicornio, mang

Had no idea Andy Taylor of Duran Duran is from a house that's 10 minutes walk from mine.

Aside from that, Tony Scott and Ian Le Frenais.

Jim_MacLaine

Malady ridden artist and one of my favourite illustrators was local boy, Aubrey Beardsley.

edit: Just noticed he's mentioned above. Nice portrait though.

Underturd

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on March 09, 2024, 01:37:15 PMMalady ridden artist and one of my favourite illustrators was local boy, Aubrey Beardsley.

edit: Just noticed he's mentioned above. Nice portrait though.

Lord Snooty

Pink Gregory

I've got JERMBLY CROMBYNS

I know he was born here but I don't think he's from here

also lists his status as 'alive - probably yes'

PowerButchi

Mark Hughes and his perm absolutely romps it in my immediate vicinity.

Jim_MacLaine

Quote from: jamiefairlie on March 09, 2024, 05:03:41 PMLord Snooty

More like Walter the Softy, he died at 25 of tuberculosis.

Brundle-Fly

Plug from The Bash Street Kids.

Quote from: McFlymo on March 09, 2024, 04:32:59 AMI got Bear Grylls near me, but Wiki says he was born in London (not near me).
English Wikipedia says he was born in Donaghadee, County Down, which I guess is closer to you. Wikidata says London, which it says is imported from Galician Wikipedia, which does indeed have London in its infobox. It's odd since I assumed the map got its birthplaces from Wikidata.

Also searching for Bear Grylls I discovered there's a DJ/producer called Bear Grillz, who's 'based in' Denver according to English Wikipedia but it doesn't say where he was born.

ros vulgaris

The man who developed the WW1 hand grenade ("Mills Bomb") was born a couple of streets away, which I presume is my immediate neighbourhood's most infamous claim.

Jim_MacLaine

Apparently made it big in the US of A.

McFlymo

Quote from: Theoretical Dentist on March 09, 2024, 07:03:26 PMEnglish Wikipedia says he was born in Donaghadee, County Down, which I guess is closer to you. Wikidata says London, which it says is imported from Galician Wikipedia, which does indeed have London in its infobox. It's odd since I assumed the map got its birthplaces from Wikidata.

Also searching for Bear Grylls I discovered there's a DJ/producer called Bear Grillz, who's 'based in' Denver according to English Wikipedia but it doesn't say where he was born.

Donaghadee seems appropriate. You'd definitely be fond of a life of eating insects and drinking piss in a forest if you were born there.

easytarget

Ken Owen (Carcass) eclipsing Jeff Walker (Carcass).

gilbertharding

The village where I live now has a woman who is 'an artist' and is 'probably still alive'. Her name only appears when you zoom right in.

On the other hand, my hometown has a man whose name appears in the same size font as Margaret Thatcher and Eric Clapton, but whose most notable accomplishments were killing the King and banning Xmas.

easytarget

Quote from: gilbertharding on March 11, 2024, 04:45:16 PMOn the other hand, my hometown has a man whose name appears in the same size font as Margaret Thatcher and Eric Clapton, but whose most notable accomplishments were killing the King and banning Xmas.
Is it Morrissey?

Dr Rock

dissolute ocelot

Belfast is CS Lewis though Mad Dog Adair and IRA man Billy Reid pop up, with Brian Desmond Hurst who directed the Alastair Sim film of Scrooge to the east.

thenoise

lauraxsynthesis

RIP to our one Steve Harley. I'd only just found out he was from here and all.

mippy

Quote from: non capisco on March 08, 2024, 01:08:37 PMPenge appears to have a grand total of NO NOTABLE CUNT.

Where I grew up in Kent has 'Arthur Wellard' which I'm choosing to believe is the full name of the dog from Eastenders.

If you look at Crystal Palace Park there's a lovely-sounding far right fella in there.