Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Return of the Pound

Started by Arbiter, March 10, 2024, 06:52:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arbiter

You can't keep a good pound bound. There is no doubt that the pound is the only global currency which is performing better than the dollar. For all the bleating of the Swiss and our other noisy neighbours, the pound is going to leave them in the dust.

Pink Gregory

this new Bosto sock is weird, gonna wait for the next one

Buelligan

Arbiter

Quote from: Pink Gregory on March 10, 2024, 07:03:24 AMthis new Bosto sock is weird, gonna wait for the next one

I'm channeling my profound, mind-bending grief into reading the Financial Times.

This is a much healthier alternative than my searing instincts beg of me. Thank you for your kindness and understanding along the way.

BlodwynPig

shoulders

Loving the £

What a currency!

Honestly one of the top 5 in my book

Butchers Blind

I prefer the pound's earlier work.

Fambo Number Mive

Pounded in the butt by sterling.

touchingcloth

The fuck is a sterling buck?

Ooh, my little pretty one, pretty one
When you gonna give me some Danish Krone?
Ooh, you make my motor run, my motor run
Gun it coming off of the Swedish Krona

Never gonna stop, give it up, such a dirty mind
I always get it up for the touch of the younger kind
My, my, my, I, yi, woo!
N-Norwegian Krone

...hang on, Maeby.

shoulders

Been cackling as week by week the mighty £ on the comeback trail fucks and fucks and fucks the Czech koruna ahead of my fortnight in Bohemia and Moravia.

Hoping the pummeling will continue so I can extract full value from those pallid bogtrotters.

ProvanFan

Return of the pound (once again)
Return of the pound (top of the world)

ProvanFan

Ohhh-oh-ohh-oh-ohhh, mysterious pound

ProvanFan

Every money stutters one way or another so check out my message to you

bgmnts

The entire economy seems centres around London's financial services, so the pound better be fucking ace again.

Missed my beautiful pound. I miss the days when £1 was $1.65 or something.

idunnosomename

Middle part nickel, with some brass around
The inevitable return of the British pound

Pink Gregory

Quote from: bgmnts on March 10, 2024, 10:17:16 AMThe entire economy seems centres around London's financial services, so the pound better be fucking ace again.

Missed my beautiful pound. I miss the days when £1 was $1.65 or something.

I went to canada when I was 8 years old and what little birthday money I had effectively doubled, it was fantastic

Noodle Lizard

You could say the pound is passing the buck!

Jerrykeshton

Quote from: Arbiter on March 10, 2024, 07:34:04 AMI'm channeling my profound, mind-bending grief into reading the Financial Times.

This is a much healthier alternative than my searing instincts beg of me. Thank you for your kindness and understanding along the way.

The FT is a good read.  It's journalism is designed to give you an insight into the world so you can make money from it.  Therefore it's a lot less emotive and mostly information that's been verified. It's not really something you'd read for entertainment though. Noticed the source of the graph from the FT is the Bloomberg wire service Their TV channel and website is also a very good news source.

Either way, it's probably much better for your mental health than the culture wars bullshit or meaningless celebrity idolisation

bomb_dog

Maurice Yeatman

I'll tell you where the poond is for a poond.

Butchers Blind

I'm glad for the pound. It's had a difficult season, Clive.

hamfist

Time to roll out the MEGAPOUND

Chollis

told you Brexit would work out eventually

Eggy Mess

When i was seven, I dressed myself up as a little city gent and walked into the Bank of England shouting 'Fuck the Poond'

shoulders

The Swiss Franc is hanging in there, the Pound has still got to go to Middlesbrough and get a result

buttgammon

The yen is capitulating - I've picked a great year to go to Japan. Does anyone want me to bring back a couple of temples or anything while they're cheap?

Zero Gravitas

Up Yours Delors!

SUCK ON THIS BRUSSELS!! - AND THEN BACK OFF!!

Oh wait, maybe:

BACK UP ONTO THIS BRUSSELS!! - AND THEN BACK OFF!!

shit.

BACK UP ONTO THIS BRUSSELS!! - AND THEN SUCK OFF!!

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: buttgammon on March 10, 2024, 12:15:39 PMThe yen is capitulating - I've picked a great year to go to Japan.

I'd be careful - they may suddenly have a cultural renaissance - and you can never tell which direction that'll go in.