Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:32:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

SEVEN MUST-TRY FOODS AT DISNEY LAND

Started by touchingcloth, March 10, 2024, 05:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deano

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 20, 2024, 09:00:51 AMThat's a bit strong but it's curious what type of adults visit Disneyland without children. I could understand if you were taken as a child and want some nostalgia. But visiting initially as an adult aged 35 with no kids seems a bit peculiar.

But where's the harm?

Fine. Not being judgemental. It's just it's packed with people in animal costumes and that. It was designed for kids. It's heavy on cartoons and superheroes. You know?

I always saw cruises as a type of Disneyland for grown ups.
Disneyland you may have a point.
Disneyworld is four separate theme parks. Magic Kingdom is what you describe, and Animal Kingdom is still aimed at the kids though I'm told plenty of adults like animals too. But then Epcot and Hollywood Studios skew older. A huge portion of Marvel and Star Wars' demographic are really not kids. Then you have Universal down the road which again skews older. So there's enough to attract people without kids... and then I guess while you're there you might as well go see Cinderella's castle right?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Deano on March 20, 2024, 10:31:30 AMA huge portion of Marvel and Star Wars' demographic are really not kids

That's another thing. The Captain America and Star Wars fanboys in their 50s and 60s. The gatekeepers. The ones who get upset about The Last Jedi and send Kathleen Kennedy a bowel movement in the post.

Although those nutters are probably less likely to show up at Disneyland to spend $7,500.

Deano

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 20, 2024, 11:31:24 AMThat's another thing. The Captain America and Star Wars fanboys in their 50s and 60s. The gatekeepers. The ones who get upset about The Last Jedi and send Kathleen Kennedy a bowel movement in the post.

Although those nutters are probably less likely to show up at Disneyland to spend $7,500.
There's plenty of non-insane older folk who like the new stuff. Andor has been a massive success regardless of it:
a) being hated by the fanboys who think it's too woke and,
b) clearly not being designed to appeal to kids in any way at all.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Deano on March 20, 2024, 11:44:26 AMAndor.

That's an excellent show. I'm talking more about the people (middle aged men usually) who get upset about it and forget that it's a film or TV show that at it's essence was originally designed for kids.

Stuff like Andor and Rogue One and series one of Mandalorian are almost like these entertaining byproducts that just happened to exist and orbit around the massive turd that is Disney.

idunnosomename

Quote from: checkoutgirl on March 20, 2024, 09:00:51 AMI always saw cruises as a type of Disneyland for grown ups.
theyve disneyfied that too now

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/

Probably can get married by Captain Mickey if you ask nicely (pay another 5 grand)

Midas

Midas

Midas

Midas

Quote from: Midas on March 21, 2024, 03:28:17 AMhappily ever after eights

@Midas that's not a food, it's a brand. i'd have done 'happily ever afternoon tea' or something like that.

Video Game Fan 2000

Preschool Mural Fricassé
That scene with really thin slices of breath and the single bean that scared you as a child but reenacted by a waiter in person in front of your own terrified toddler and you film it as he screams and post it on twitter and a bunch of twaats with ukranian flags and ghostbusters references in their names respond with 'Parenting Done Right', with a Mickey Mouse cupcake

Midas

H-O-W-L

toy story woody in bowl of goofy
chips

Psybro

I was forcefed uninspiring scrambled eggs by Scooby Doo at a 'character breakfast' outside Universal Studios Orlando as a child and have spent the whole time since saving up to buy an abandoned mine and fluorescent miner outfit.

Midas

Snow White and the SEVEN MUST-TRY FOODS AT DISNEY LAND

doc on toast
rotting carrion foam granita
candied beetle "poisoned apple" lollipop dipped in crushed ectasy pill
nytol soup with chamomile wheaten croutons
the famous signature "bashful" loaded fries
rosehip sherbert crack pipe
stuffed cannabis leaf rolls steamed in cbd-infused rat bone broth

Video Game Fan 2000

massive wakanda pork pies

mickey mouse omelette in a bag for astronauts

Catalogue Trousers

H-O-W-L

lightning mcqueen kachow burger (its a car tire)

touchingcloth

Catalogue Trousers

touchingcloth

madhair60

Quote from: Psybro on March 21, 2024, 11:35:45 AMI was forcefed uninspiring scrambled eggs by Scooby Doo at a 'character breakfast' outside Universal Studios Orlando as a child and have spent the whole time since saving up to buy an abandoned mine and fluorescent miner outfit.

ret em rown ya roo rittle rhit

madhair60

Spider-man 3 eggy fart jump with Scooby Doo Laugh

touchingcloth

Noodle Lizard

I had a Ronto Wrap at the Ronto Wrap restaurant in the Star Wars land and then I got diarrhea and had to go home.

Midas

dissolute ocelot

The owl from The Sword in the Stone stuffed inside the owl from Winnie the Pooh.

And a side order of racist crow wings.