Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,330
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:43:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Most Insanely Hardcore Shit Ever Said By Anyone Ever

Started by Lemming, March 15, 2024, 12:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lemming

I'm reading about Georgia Ann Robinson, the first black woman to become an officer in the LAPD. She was an officer throughout the 1920s and her whole Wikipedia article reads as a laundry list of Insanely Hardcore Shit:

- "Robinson single-handedly desegregated her daughter's high school graduation"
- She was a MASTER LINGUIST; in addition to English she spoke fluent German, French, and Spanish
- She was typically sent after homeless black women and children and, instead of arresting them, invited them to stay at her house
- She was a suffragette (one source I found claims she was a "local leader" in the suffragette movement)
- She was Batman: "she was not given a gun, handcuffs, or a police car. Nevertheless, she still succeeded in taking people to jail when the need arose."
- She became the first treasurer of the local NAACP
- She founded a women's shelter and volunteered at it while also being a full-time detective
- She teamed up with the equally interesting Alice Stebbins Wells, the first female officer in the LAPD, in some kind of buddy cop scenario
- She "rescued kidnapped babies", pulled two women out of a car wreck, saved the life of a juror who collapsed (she also had a nursing degree), and a whole array of other impressive things

Safe to say, hers was a life of Insanely Hardcore Shit. In 1928, a prisoner slammed her head into some metal bars while she tried to break up a fight, which resulted in her completely losing her eyesight. This apparently didn't do much to slow her down, and she kept working on women's rights and civil rights, but it did end her career as a super-cop. In 1954 she was interviewed about her experiences and came out with this, which I consider to be the The Most Insanely Hardcore Shit Ever Said By Anyone Ever:
QuoteI have no regrets. I didn't need my eyes any longer. I had seen all there was to see.
This blew me away; I cannot think of a more Insanely Hardcore Shit thing to say than this. This is about as Insanely Hardcore Shit as it gets. This makes Jason Statham look like the fucking Tweenies.

Do you know of any other unjustly-forgotten Insanely Hardcore historical figures, and can you think of any historical quotes that beat Robinson's boast when it comes to Insanely Hardcore Shit?

BJBMK2

Mr_Simnock

Quote from: Lemming on March 15, 2024, 12:12:06 AMDo you know of any other unjustly-forgotten Insanely Hardcore historical figures, and can you think of any historical quotes that beat Robinson's boast when it comes to Insanely Hardcore Shit?

I gave it my best for about an hour but unfortunately no, sorry to be a let down

BJBMK2

Sebastian Cobb

Don't like praising war bastards but you've got to admit this guy's pretty nails.

QuoteAdrian Carton de Wiart served in the Boer War, First World War, and Second World War. He was shot in the face, head, stomach, ankle, leg, hip, and ear; was blinded in his left eye; survived two plane crashes; tunnelled out of a prisoner-of-war camp; and tore off his own fingers when a doctor declined to amputate them. Describing his experiences in the First World War, he wrote, "Frankly, I had enjoyed the war."[4]

BJBMK2

Lemming

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 15, 2024, 12:41:15 AMDon't like praising war bastards but you've got to admit this guy's pretty nails.
Fucking quality. Reminds me of this one from Ben Kanahele, who along with his wife Ella was forced to kill a Japanese pilot during the Niihau Incident. Ben was shot three times during the melee:

Mr Farenheit

George Osbourne
*youngest chancellor in over a century- HARDCORE!
**Finished a SIX YEAR stint as chancellor in 2016, you'd think he'd take a break after that, right? wrong! only one year later he's running a newspaper- INSANE!
***You think you have stress at your job? Well try multiplying that by NINE! Yep, he currently has NINE JOBS!- INSANE WTF LEVEL HARDCORE SHIT!
****Turned down wads of cash to appear on The Osbournes as a youngster, "sorry dad I need to prepare my mind body and soul to one day be chancellor of the exchequer (Ozzy forgave him in an emotional reuinion after George cut public spending)- HARDCORE MUCH?
*****Is a legend in the 'edging' community and regularly posts TEN HOUR videos on his subscriber only streaming service. Remember he also has nine jobs! HARDCORE INSANITY- HOW DOES HE FIND THE TIME???
******Is a keen astronomer but not for the reasons you might think, he keeps his telescope trained on the night sky to watch for alien attacks! He even has a special green phone which he can use to warn army HQ- THANK YOU FOR PROTECTING US GEORGE, NO ONE IS THIS HARDCORE- INSANE SHIT!!!

madhair60

can we nominate fictional characters because if so i have some banger Punisher quotes

Brundle-Fly

Saint Lawrence AD 258

As a deacon in Rome, Lawrence was responsible for the material goods of the Church and the distribution of alms to the poor. Ambrose of Milan related that when the treasures of the Church were demanded of Lawrence by the prefect of Rome, he brought forward the poor, to whom he had distributed the treasure as alms. The prefect (prime minister, basically) of Rome was so angry that he had a great gridiron prepared with hot coals beneath it and had Lawrence placed on it. After the martyr had suffered roasting pain for a long time, the legend concludes, he cheerfully declared: "I'm well done on this side. Turn me over!"

Hardcore.

From this, St. Lawrence derives his patronage of cooks, chefs, comedians and cookdandbombd.

Brian Freeze

Captain Oates was quite understated in his last words, I think that's pretty hardcore in the circumstances.

dontpaintyourteeth

"Stick a fork in me. I'm done." - Francis of Assisi

dontpaintyourteeth

Senior Baiano

"Uh, uh, yeah, fuck me with that big cock, fuck my tight ass"

Lemming

One that always stuck with me, Dutch resistance fighter Willem Arondeus, who already carried out the Insanely Hardcore feat of being openly gay prior to WW2. Prior to being executed by the Nazis (a fate he allegedly took willingly to protect some of his friends), his last instructions were "zeg de mensen dat homoseksuelen niet per definitie zwakkelingen zijn," which translates to "tell people that homosexuals are not cowards."

Another one that's maybe not Insanely Hardcore but is Moderately Hardcore and very amusing: silent film star Clara Bow met her adoring fan Adolf Hitler on a trip to Berlin once. Ever the dickhead, his gift to her was a signed copy of Mein Kampf, in which he is reported to have written "for my most esteemed friend Clara, with the wish that she derives the same pleasure reading this book as I did writing it. Adolf."

Bow's only comment on the meeting was one word: "Madness."

boki

Blumf

George Formby's wife telling it straight:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Formby#Post-war_career:_1946%E2%80%931952
QuoteLater that year the Formbys toured South Africa shortly before formal racial apartheid was introduced. While there they refused to play racially-segregated venues. When Formby was cheered by a black audience after embracing a small black girl who had presented his wife with a box of chocolates, National Party leader Daniel François Malan (who later introduced apartheid) telephoned to complain; Beryl replied "Why don't you piss off, you horrible little man?"

Quote from: Senior Baiano on March 15, 2024, 10:20:20 AM"Uh, uh, yeah, fuck me with that big cock, fuck my tight ass"

Someone already said George Osborne.

touchingcloth

Georgia Ann Robinson?

You are the piggest link, BYE.

Sebastian Cobb

Lemming

Johanna Schopenhauer, mother of German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer, wrote a letter to him:
QuoteMother and son, however, did not get along. In letters written to Schopenhauer, Johanna makes it very clear how distressed she was at her son's pessimism, his arrogance, and his imperious ways. In one letter, she wrote: "You are unbearable and burdensome, and very hard to live with; all your good qualities are overshadowed by your conceit, and made useless to the world simply because you cannot restrain your propensity to pick holes in other people."
Another extension and translation of what I think is the same letter:
Quote'You are not an evil human; you are not without intellect and education; you have everything that could make you a credit to human society. Moreover, I am acquainted with your heart and know that few are better, but you are nevertheless irritating and unbearable, and I consider it most difficult to live with you.
All of your good qualities become obscured by your super-cleverness and are made useless to the world merely because of your rage at wanting to know everything better than others; of wanting to improve and master what you cannot command. With this you embitter the people around you, since no one wants to be improved or enlightened in such a forceful way, least of all by such an insignificant individual as you still are; no one can tolerate being reproved by you, who also still show so many weaknesses yourself, least of all in your adverse manner, which in oracular tones, proclaims this is so and so, without ever supposing an objection.
If you were less like you, you would only be ridiculous, but thus as you are, you are highly annoying'.

Lemming

Andrea Dworkin dealing with Allen Ginsberg's noncery:

Two for the price of one there; "I want you dead" and "when he died he stopped".

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Lemming on March 15, 2024, 08:09:47 PMAndrea Dworkin dealing with Allen Ginsberg's noncery:

Two for the price of one there; "I want you dead" and "when he died he stopped".
In fairness, I like how Ginsberg went to Cuba in 1965 and spent his time there advocating for the legalisation of marijuana and homosexuality, asking the leaders if they were gay, and describing his sexual fantasies involving the Castros and Che Guevara, till he was kicked out of the country. Still shouldn't have had sex with children, though.

ros vulgaris

Big fan of the Laconic reply "if" to Philip II. Especially as it actually resulted in Sparta being decimated.

Blue Jam

Nancy Wake, Nazi Smasher:

https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/14/world/europe/14wake.html

QuoteBy her own account she once killed a German sentry with her bare hands, and ordered the execution of a woman she believed to be a German spy.

"I was not a very nice person," Ms. Wake told an Australian newspaper in 2001. "And it didn't put me off my breakfast."

On her own biopic:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/resistance-heroine-who-led-7-000-men-against-the-nazis-2334156.html

Quote"It was well-acted but in parts it was extremely stupid," she said. "At one stage they had me cooking eggs and bacon to feed the men. For goodness' sake, did the Allies parachute me into France to fry eggs and bacon for the men? There wasn't an egg to be had for love nor money. Even if there had been why would I be frying it? I had men to do that sort of thing."

Ms Wake was also furious the TV series suggested she had had a love affair with one of her fellow fighters. She was too busy killing Nazis for amorous entanglements, she said.

On honours:

QuoteMs Wake's relationship with her adopted country was not always simple, however. Australia was one of the few allied countries which declined to decorate her after the war. Nancy refused later Australian honours on principle.

"I told the government they could stick their medals where the monkey puts its nuts"