Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:47:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Most Insanely Hardcore Shit Ever Said By Anyone Ever

Started by Lemming, March 15, 2024, 12:12:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Herzog's rant from "Burden Of Dreams" where he's losing his mind in the middle of the rainforest while attempting to push a boat up a hill takes some beating.

"It's a land that God, if he exists has - has created in anger. It's the only land where - where creation is unfinished yet. Taking a close look at - at what's around us there - there is some sort of a harmony. It is the harmony of... overwhelming and collective murder. And we in comparison to the articulate vileness and baseness and obscenity of all this jungle - Uh, we in comparison to that enormous articulation - we only sound and look like badly pronounced and half-finished sentences out of a stupid suburban... novel... a cheap novel. We have to become humble in front of this overwhelming misery and overwhelming fornication... overwhelming growth and overwhelming lack of order. Even the - the stars up here in the - in the sky look like a mess. There is no harmony in the universe. We have to get acquainted to this idea that there is no real harmony as we have conceived it. But when I say this, I say this all full of admiration for the jungle. It is not that I hate it, I love it. I love it very much. But I love it against my better judgment."

kalowski

Quote from: Ron Maels Moustache on March 18, 2024, 06:50:54 PMHerzog's rant from "Burden Of Dreams" where he's losing his mind in the middle of the rainforest while attempting to push a boat up a hill takes some beating.

"It's a land that God, if he exists has - has created in anger. It's the only land where - where creation is unfinished yet. Taking a close look at - at what's around us there - there is some sort of a harmony. It is the harmony of... overwhelming and collective murder. And we in comparison to the articulate vileness and baseness and obscenity of all this jungle - Uh, we in comparison to that enormous articulation - we only sound and look like badly pronounced and half-finished sentences out of a stupid suburban... novel... a cheap novel. We have to become humble in front of this overwhelming misery and overwhelming fornication... overwhelming growth and overwhelming lack of order. Even the - the stars up here in the - in the sky look like a mess. There is no harmony in the universe. We have to get acquainted to this idea that there is no real harmony as we have conceived it. But when I say this, I say this all full of admiration for the jungle. It is not that I hate it, I love it. I love it very much. But I love it against my better judgment."
Nah, Herzog was a softy:
QuoteWhen shooting was nearly complete, the chief of the Machiguenga tribe, whose members were used extensively as extras, asked Herzog if they should kill Kinski for him. Herzog declined.

Lemming

The Costco hot dog, which has steadfastly been priced at $1.50 since the 1980s:

QuoteIn 2009, the Seattle Times asked Costco co-founder (and then-CEO) Jim Sinegal, "If [the price of the hot dog] ever goes up, what will it mean?" Sinegal replied, "That I'm dead."

Craig Jelinek, the current CEO of Costco, revealed in 2018 that he approached Sinegal about raising the price of the hot dog combo, saying, "Jim, we can't sell this hot dog for a buck fifty. We are losing our rear ends." According to Jelinek, Sinegal replied, "If you raise the effing hot dog, I will kill you. Figure it out."

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Lemming on March 18, 2024, 07:55:50 PMThe Costco hot dog, which has steadfastly been priced at $1.50 since the 1980s:

You get a drink with it for your buckfitty too