Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:04:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wanting to remove someone's head for animal cruelty

Started by Rev+, March 15, 2024, 12:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev+

I'm talking getting a machete and heading over there.  No, I'm not actually doing it, I'm just really sad that there are people like this in the world.  Cried over this because I'm a soft bugger.

This fucking cunt has has had glis glis in her loft for a few years.  They're a protected species, so have to be dealt with in a certain way, and after getting a quote from someone who could remove them, she decided to just leave the buggers to it because she's also very tight. 

Turns out she took it upon herself to buy a humane trap.  They're only really intended to trap one animal at a time, so it's not suitable for the problem, but she bought one, put it up there, and has now checked it SIX MONTHS LATER.

Yeah, a glis glis skeleton, of a poor creature who slowly starved to death in sight of its family.  She managed to turn a humane method into something impossibly cruel.

Sorry, not a thread, just really upset about that.

bgmnts

I can't really talk about the relationship between human animals and non-human animals without experiencing the worst kind of absolute pure hatred and suicidal ideation, but I will say that I hope you feel better soon and you can put it out of your mind.

Zero Gravitas

shoulders

Tony Martin wouldn't stand for a glis glis in the loft and quite right too. An Englishman's home is his castle. If anything moves in your castle you go middle ages on the cunt: shoot it with a 12 bore.

It'd be different if they could learn but they can't can they, young boys.

Think: Realm.

madhair60

Never heard of glis glis before. Turns out it's a dormouse, cute as fuck and they'd be welcome in my house any time. Some people don't deserve to share the planet with such precious creatures.

madhair60

i suppose you can take some small comfort in the fact that it was a humane trap

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on March 15, 2024, 12:59:08 AMI can't really talk about the relationship between human animals and non-human animals without experiencing the worst kind of absolute pure hatred and suicidal ideation, but I will say that I hope you feel better soon and you can put it out of your mind.

This.  Read the thread after looking at the title repeatedly and knowing I should not read the thread.  Then I think about how leading humans, with advisers, huge resources, heard voices, arrange the treatment of other humans and I feel quite desperately angry.

Brain just cannot resolve how they do this stuff and don't immediately need to jump off a tall building.

madhair60

apparently they are known as "edible mice" which has me intrigued. i appreciate this is a bit of a fresh wound so the answer is probably no but do you think you could get me one?

Buelligan

I believe they're very moreish.  One would never be enough.

madhair60

are we absolutely sure that this person didn't eat the mouse, pick the bones clean and then return it to the trap?

in fact you know what? that's what happened.

Buelligan

Butchers Blind

From watching Tom and Jerry cartoons I'm surprised this mouse fell for such an obvious trap.

madhair60

From watching Tom and Jerry cartoons I am extremely maladjusted

imitationleather

If they could, cats would lay humane traps to catch dormice and then watch laughing as they slowly starved to death.

Some moral code they've got!

Poobum

Had a one sided antagonistic relationship with an edible dormouse, kept turning up on a camera trap I was analysing and adding an extra hour of tedious data entry. Probably since eviscerated by a hawk.

Where all these fucking mice that you can eat suddenly coming from? How come everyone else knows about them?

are there edible magpies or other things I should know about

Poobum

Fried egg jellyfish. Looks more like a zit to me.

madhair60

every creature is edible if you don't mind death

Underturd

People used to feed roasted mice to their kids to stop them wetting the bed.;I get that roasting a mouse would stop it pissing but why does the kid have to eat it?

shoulders

Just before it died the Dormouse tried to repent for numerous sins it committed while it wasn't in the box*, but no-one around spoke Dormouse, leading to the old philosophical question, if a Dormouse apologises for crimes and there's no-one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

*Child molestation, grand larceny, bigamy, necrophilia

touchingcloth

One of our dogs is a rescue, and she must have been abused before she came to us because when she sees a walking stick her ears and tail go down and she cowers away looking submissive, appeasing, and terrified all at once.

There's something unbelievably cruel about causing suffering to domestic animals in particular in the betrayal of the trust they put in the humans they live with, and their absolute lack of ability to comprehend their reasons. It's very similar to abuse of young children, but "at least" (I can't think of a better way to phrase that, so I'm putting it in quotes because I don't want to be read as if I'm suggesting it's better to be an abused child than an abused animal) a human can reach the understanding that the problem is with their abuser and not them.

I read about Harry Harlow's "pit of despair" experiments with rhesus monkeys recently (don't search it out unless you want to read about extreme psychological abuse of social primates in the name of research) and it sent me into a pretty dark place at the thought that a person could do that to an animal.

Glebe

That's awful. Your friend sounds like a complete twit.

dissolute ocelot

The Romans used to keep them in clay pots, called gliaria, but at least they fed them. Not for charity though.

Spoiler alert
Recipe:

Stuff the dormice with minced pork as well as the flesh from all of the dormouse's limbs, together with ground pepper, pine nuts, laser* and liquamen** and place them sewn up on a clay tile in the oven or cook them in a roasting pan.

*type of fennel
**fermented fish sauce

Alternatively you can glaze with honey and roll in poppy seeds. Or do that to the dormice.
[close]

Kankurette

Shitting hell. I hate mice but that's just cruel.

madhair60

Quote from: Kankurette on March 15, 2024, 04:03:15 PMShitting hell. I hate meeces to pieces, but that's just cruel.

_________ __________
             v

Underturd

Quote from: Kankurette on March 15, 2024, 04:03:15 PMShitting hell. I hate mice but that's just cruel.

Even if you hate mice dormice aren't mice, it's just the name.