Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:22:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wanting to remove someone's head for animal cruelty

Started by Rev+, March 15, 2024, 12:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underturd

Deano

I'm fascinated how you found out about this? It's one thing doing it, it's yet another to basically admit it to someone without any sense of they'd done...

touchingcloth

Quote from: Deano on March 21, 2024, 03:12:11 PMI'm fascinated how you found out about this? It's one thing doing it, it's yet another to basically admit it to someone without any sense of they'd done...

I think it was in an episode of Decoding the Gurus - one of the hosts is an anthropologist and the other a psychologist, so they're both equally likely to have made a reference to psychological abuse of monkeys.

I think the picture of the surrogate monkey mother is from his "iron maiden" experiments rather than "pit of despair" ones.

I can see the thought process that would lead to someone thinking this would make an interesting experiment to study aspects of the nature/nurture debate, but actually doing it is horrific.