Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:31:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What would you buy yourself if you were given £100?

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 15, 2024, 10:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerzy Bondov

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on March 15, 2024, 02:09:29 PMHow about for £20 you could try all those kerazeeee japanese kit kats?

I've diabates unfortunately, otherwise I'd have been up for that.

Quote from: Beagle 2 on March 15, 2024, 02:18:50 PMKickin' pair of trainers and a copy of Razzle

Managed to get the former a couple of weeks ago when Traid were having a sale, but I've not bought Razzle in ages and did use to be a fan...

Jerrykeshton

How about buying a lot of bank notes from a country with a collapsed economy?.  Use them as toilet paper or roll around on your bed with them lighting cigars with random ones you set on fire. Pointless, but will make you feel like Scrooge McDuck

shiftwork2

A reasonably good set of kitchen knives.  Something you will use each day for years and years for essential yet pleasurable purposes.  It's a nice thing to tell the gift giver too.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 15, 2024, 10:20:14 AMWhat would you do if you were told you could spend £100 on any one thing?

Why don't you ask for a visit to a restaurant for a dietary meal? If it was me I'd ask for a visit to a restaurant for a dietary meal.

lauraxsynthesis

A couple of years ago I found £100 in £20s that blew out of a car window that had just passed me. A couple of young vulnerable comrades from my mutual aid group had been mugged of £50 by a drug addict that week and I had it in my head that this might be the mugger's dealer's money. I gave £50 to the comrades and used the rest to get the Beatles remastered collection used off ebay. So it would be something like that.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Jerrykeshton on March 15, 2024, 03:05:46 PMHow about buying a lot of bank notes from a country with a collapsed economy?.  Use them as toilet paper or roll around on your bed with them lighting cigars with random ones you set on fire. Pointless, but will make you feel like Scrooge McDuck

If I had someone to share the experience with it'd be tempting, but doing so on my own feels a bit bleak.

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 15, 2024, 03:19:42 PMhttps://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/the-office-21336

If they did a King of the Hill set I'd buy it, but according to someone on Reddit Lego refuse to entertain the idea.

Vodkafone

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 15, 2024, 03:17:56 PMA reasonably good set of kitchen knives.  Something you will use each day for years and years for essential yet pleasurable purposes.  It's a nice thing to tell the gift giver too.

Good call. Something like  this

Or if it was me, two £50 bottles of whisky, or maybe a £60 and a £40, but not a £70 and a £30.

madhair60

i would buy Kirby toys. I already have lots of Kirby toys, but I would like to own more

Proactive

Do you like old 8 and 16bit console games, arcade games and that? You could get yourself something like this, comes with pretty much every game ever made up to the mid-late 90s and even some from the PlayStation one era.

I fucking love mine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Handheld-Console-GarlicOS-Support-Portable/dp/B0CG8FDDZX

Buelligan

A beautiful first edition of a favourite book OR a signed limited edition print (for example https://www.axlearts.com/printmakers/george-tute-rwa-re-printmakers/ ) or a lemon tree, a cherry tree and an apricot or peach tree. 

Or a salad bowl and serving plate by Robert Picault. 

A ticket for Gallagher/ Squire. Checks Viagogo- hold on- make that two! And enough left for a taxi home.

Butchers Blind

With a £100 you can buy 10,000 of these.

Spoiler alert
[close]

Mr Vegetables

Quote from: seepage on March 15, 2024, 06:52:58 PMwith Paxton & Whitfield that'll just get you about a kilo

Why, that's only ten pence a gram

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Mr Vegetables on March 15, 2024, 04:47:05 PMA hundred pounds of mystery cheese

According to this I could buy a goat for £100, then I'd have all the cheese I could eat for the rest of my life.

When it comes to other suggestions I gave up alcohol last summer, with my luck if I did a parachute jump I'd end up fucking up the other leg, and though I loved gaming up until my mid-twenties I went completely off it when I hit 25 and can't really explain why. So right now it's looking like I'm going to have to get that hand job from Madhair. :(

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

katzenjammer

I'd probably buy a wine aroma kit

QuoteTeach Yourself to identify and describe key wine flavour profiles !

The kit and accompanying guide booklet will make Wine nosing and tasting an even more pleasurable experience and dramatically increase your Wine nosing and tasting knowledge!

https://www.aroma-academy.co.uk/products/wine-aroma-kit-24-aroma-nose-training-system

Anagram of a Shit Name

I've just bought a bottle of whiskey for £91, which is the only one of a set of 4 that I don't have. So if you could send the £100 to me as soon as possible SMBH, that would be grand, ta

Beagle 2

Fucking hell you got ripped off there mate they're like £20 at the end shop

Zero Gravitas

Really nice rice. BIG BAGS, maybe like 15KG of Milky Queen?