Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

What would you buy yourself if you were given £100?

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 15, 2024, 10:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Underturd

Quote from: Emma Raducanu on March 15, 2024, 11:03:35 PMA couple of visits to an isolation chamber

You can get that free if you get yourself sent down and rough up a guard or two.

Midas

imitationleather

Quote from: Underturd on March 15, 2024, 11:07:43 PMYou can get that free if you get yourself sent down and rough up a guard or two.

I was going to make that joke you bastard.

Underturd

Dex Sawash

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 15, 2024, 10:20:14 AMI mean, there are plenty of things that cost a lot more that I'd like (a flat so that I don't die in a shared house where my body wouldn't be found for about 10 days, or a pair of spy glasses so I could secretly video all of the stand up I see, etc, etc), but I just can't think of anything that interesting that's around the £100 mark.

You can get spy glasses in that price range Oh, reading reviews it looks like quality isnt the best...

A really good knife is a great shout, and something to keep it sharp.

Get a leather biker gang jacket but instead of Sons of Satan or something it says 'Cookd And Bombd'

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Underturd on March 15, 2024, 11:07:43 PMYou can get that free if you get yourself sent down and rough up a guard or two.

Can you really imagine anyone here having the capability of roughing up a dandelion,  never mind a prison guard.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Emma Raducanu on March 15, 2024, 11:03:35 PMA couple of visits to an isolation chamber

I remember a thread about someone using one vaguely recently and was quite tempted to check it out, so I may well do so, thank you for that.

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on March 16, 2024, 02:35:55 AMYou can get spy glasses in that price range Oh, reading reviews it looks like quality isnt the best...

A really good knife is a great shout, and something to keep it sharp.

Get a leather biker gang jacket but instead of Sons of Satan or something it says 'Cookd And Bombd'

Huh, I didn't know they'd come that far down in price, that one has quite mixed reviews but I think I'll investigate some of the others, cheers for that. But I have to say that my cooking skills are so basic that a good knife just isn't something I'd get much use out of, though I supposed I could get one just in case civilisation collapses due to climate change in the next two decades or so.

Alas the leather jacket thing is not to be, I bought one in my thirties but people laughed and said i just didn't suit them.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Mr Farenheit on March 16, 2024, 02:35:55 AMGet a leather biker gang jacket but instead of Sons of Satan or something it says 'Cookd And Bombd'

This demands artwork far better than I can knock up from online tool in 3 minutes or less on a template site that doesn't even have a crab option

Underturd

Quote from: jamiefairlie on March 16, 2024, 02:42:55 AMCan you really imagine anyone here having the capability of roughing up a dandelion,  never mind a prison guard.

There might be someone, ask me again in a few weeks.

DrGreggles

Mr Farenheit

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 16, 2024, 10:32:46 AMAlas the leather jacket thing is not to be, I bought one in my thirties but people laughed and said i just didn't suit them.

Sounds like leather trousers then.

Cuellar

Gurke and Hare

Buelligan

mjwilson

The last thing I bought for around £100 was a coffee grinder. But I don't know whether you like coffee.

tookish

I'd probably buy two decent tickets to the theatre and take a mate.

Or blow it all on cigs

Glebe

If you gave me £100 I don't think you'd 'ave ever 'eard of me again.

thenoise

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 15, 2024, 08:02:45 PM.. with my luck if I did a parachute jump I'd end up fucking up the other leg

How about a really smart new walking stick?

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: tookish on March 17, 2024, 03:34:08 PMI'd probably buy two decent tickets to the theatre and take a mate.

Or blow it all on cigs

I did think about that but I went a bit mad last year and saw a sod load of shows (mostly in the gods in the very back row for £15 - £20 a ticket) and have a few booked already for this year (The Motive And The Cue, Kathy & Stella Solve A Murder!, The Dream of a Ridiculous Man, Instructions for a Teenage Armageddon) so I'm in the very privileged situation where there isn't anything I'm dying to see right now.

Quote from: thenoise on March 17, 2024, 07:18:10 PMHow about a really smart new walking stick?

I think I am actually going to go with this, I don't use a walking stick right now but I currently can't stand for longer than 30 - 45 minutes without being in a lot of pain, and really want one of those sticks which can transform in to a chair so that I can see bands playing live again, and one on Amazon seems like it'll do the job perfectly.

Lost Oliver

Quote from: Proactive on March 15, 2024, 06:30:28 PMDo you like old 8 and 16bit console games, arcade games and that? You could get yourself something like this, comes with pretty much every game ever made up to the mid-late 90s and even some from the PlayStation one era.

I fucking love mine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Handheld-Console-GarlicOS-Support-Portable/dp/B0CG8FDDZX

Wish I'd seen this a week ago. Bought a similar type of thing - XU10 - but it doesn't look like you can hook it up to a TV. This would've been perfect. Have been looking for something to bring with me on holidays that I can play with THE LADS.

imitationleather

Quote from: Proactive on March 15, 2024, 06:30:28 PMDo you like old 8 and 16bit console games, arcade games and that? You could get yourself something like this, comes with pretty much every game ever made up to the mid-late 90s and even some from the PlayStation one era.

I fucking love mine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Handheld-Console-GarlicOS-Support-Portable/dp/B0CG8FDDZX

Inspired by you I bought one of these. If you go through the Shop service on the TikTok app and you've never used it before this thing can be bought for £12.50(!!!) at the mo. Mine's not arrived yet but apparently it's legit. Can't wait.

Proactive

Quote from: imitationleather on March 18, 2024, 10:57:15 AMInspired by you I bought one of these. If you go through the Shop service on the TikTok app and you've never used it before this thing can be bought for £12.50(!!!) at the mo. Mine's not arrived yet but apparently it's legit. Can't wait.

Jesus!

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on March 17, 2024, 08:07:23 PMI think I am actually going to go with this, I don't use a walking stick right now but I currently can't stand for longer than 30 - 45 minutes without being in a lot of pain, and really want one of those sticks which can transform in to a chair so that I can see bands playing live again, and one on Amazon seems like it'll do the job perfectly.

Sweet! I was going to second getting an air fryer, but only if you like fried food. Zero oil and you can still have chips, rashers, stir fry etc., good if you're trying to lose weight.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Nah, fuck that noise. Get a deep fat fryer so you can make your own chips.

Midas

Underturd

Do you mean sheets and pillowcases and duvets and stuff or things to wear in bed?

seepage

£100 worth of Kleenex Mansize tissues. Since they changed Mansize to Extra Large the quality has fallen off a cliff and now the tissues are not bonded at the edges and immediately disintegrate into two useless 1-ply sheets. So buy up old stock while you can!