Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:51:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Heartbroken

Started by monkfromhavana, March 15, 2024, 12:21:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

On Wednesday afternoon our cat, Alan, wouldn't come back for his food. Had to go out and then got the call from my girlfriend who had had a call from vet to say he had been hit by a car and died.

Not stopped crying since. He was only 6.

Its not fair. You know there is a chance, but we live on a quiet road. The suddeness of it has killed me, even our friends have been in tears cos he was so lovely. He was my best friend.

holyzombiejesus

Really sorry to hear that. All I can say is you will feel better in time and at least he wouldn't have suffered.

Kankurette

Poor kitty. I'm sorry for your loss.

imitationleather

Icehaven

Aww I'm so sorry for your loss, it's a horrible thing to happen.

stranger

Really sorry to hear that, hope you're OK

Pink Gregory

lauraxsynthesis

Some animals are the best people. RIP mog x

monkfromhavana

Thanks all. Cos it was so sudden it's almost as if you can still see him around the house. I am glad that the person who hit him took him to the vets instead of just leaving him and us finding him.

Think I've cried over this more than both my parents deaths combined.

touchingcloth

Every time I see a dead cat on the road it breaks my heart, and I can't imagine what I would be like if it happened to one of my three.

Much love to you and everyone who cared about Alan, RIP x

Aw sad to read this. All the best x

touchingcloth

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 15, 2024, 01:07:15 PMThanks all. Cos it was so sudden it's almost as if you can still see him around the house. I am glad that the person who hit him took him to the vets instead of just leaving him and us finding him.

Yes, there's hopefully some small amount of comfort in this. It would break me if I hit a cat, but I think I'd have to stop, find the owners and let them hit me if it helped them.

Sorry for your loss. Sounds like he was well loved.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm so sorry for your loss, I was much the same when my childhood cat died and so know how horrible it is when you lose a much loved member of your family. And I know right now it must be all but impossible to not think about, but try to treat yourself kindly and do whatever it takes to feel even a tiny amount better if you can.

madhair60

that's fucking horrible mate. I'm so sorry. It is completely okay to feel how you do, it will pass but take as much time as you can.

Underturd

Horrible, I'm really sorry. They really are members of the family aren't they?

Glebe

So sorry to hear it mate, lots of hugs.❤️

Buelligan

Awfully awfully sorry.  It is heartbreaking but it's also true that his life was a very cherished one, you clearly treated him with respect, as an individual with choices that you supported, that's about as good a life as anyone gets.  His life was undeniably a good one.  And I'm sure he didn't suffer.  There is comfort in that.  I embrace you.

Kelvin

Kankurette

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 15, 2024, 01:07:15 PMThanks all. Cos it was so sudden it's almost as if you can still see him around the house. I am glad that the person who hit him took him to the vets instead of just leaving him and us finding him.

Think I've cried over this more than both my parents deaths combined.
I'm glad they at least did that.

I cried when Dougie, my old cat, died AND when my brother had his cat Leon put down last year, he wasn't my cade but I did love him and he was so sweet and friendly. Even when he was ill and dying, he was chatting away. One of the worst parts of losing a pet is coming home with an empty cat carrier. The first few days always feel a bit strange, like you're expecting them to come up to you and rub their head on your legs or meow at you. They leave a massive space when they die. I get how you're feeling, is what I'm saying.

touchingcloth

I've just fed my boys and I'm a bit teary now, like when Barry posted about Jelly, and it brought back all those feelings on the evenings when they haven't shown up in time for their tea and I've felt sick until later that evening, night, next morning when they've eventually come back, and I feel so much for you having received the call with the worst possible news.

I'll give them extra love from you tonight, and light a little candle for Alan.

(Ridiculous what these creatures do to us.)

Vodkafone

Cats are brilliant, I'm very sorry to hear about Alan mate x

Emma Raducanu

Devastating. I'm feeling terrible for you right now. The thought of being left with my boys empty bed and his sex toys keeps me awake at night. I wish all the best for you.

shoulders

Sorry to hear this.

Often loss doesn't creep up, it just hits you out of nowhere. Horrible. There's no manual on how to cope, just take your time and don't feel as though anything is invalid.

My partner's family lost 3 cats in a row in horrific circumstances in the space of 18 months and were beaten down by it all. They still got another rescue cat though! 

Catalogue Trousers

Good Thoughts headed your way. He sounds like a fine cat.

Rev+

I'm so sorry, it really does rip you to bits.  Thinking you're seeing him knocking about the place - the corner of your eye, or maybe a nose trying to push a door open - you'll really get that a lot in the next few months.

What matters is that he had a good time and was loved when he was here, and if you feel like you feel, then he definitely was.

Brian Freeze

Soft cunt.

Spoiler alert
me, not you.

Hope the "joke" lands ok? (very nervous now about it but am going to take the risk)

Your line about him being your best mate broke my heart again a little as it's exactly what I said when our old lad reached the end after many years together and I knew exactly how you felt and it's so sad.

But also beautiful that you made the connections and bonds in the first place.

[close]

Take care x

tookish

Oh mate, I'm so sorry. Losing a pet is its own kind of grief. Those little monsters we feed, shelter, and adore leave such deep prints in our souls.

jobotic

Aw really sad to hear about Alan. He sounds great.

The only thing to say is that he had a happy life, thanks to you. Won't stop you missing him though.

Jockice

That is awful mate. I am so sorry. I lost my first cat the same way. She was about five. On a Valentine's Day (I was single and still getting over her who I thought was the one) and just to make it worse my sister was in town and I'd just brought her then fairly young kids round to meet the moggies when I found out. I had two by then. They hated each other.

It's an absolutely awful feeling losing a pet however it happens and you have all my sympathy.

The other cat, Pongo, lived over a decade after that though. Her personal highlight, apart from the time she fell off a shelf and landed on my face, was the fact that I missed my dad's death because I'd popped home to feed her. Like Jarvis (or when I found out she was female, The Cat Formerly Known As Jarvis), I think pops choose the time of his departure just to annoy me.