Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:24:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

refunds

Started by madhair60, March 15, 2024, 11:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

hi

went CEX sold xbox bought airpods

wouldn't let me test them in store because "would link to my icloud" (?!)

took them home, cunted. heavy distortion in both ears, loads of buzzing, crap

can i legally get refund? they always try it on with credit vouchers but surely as they've sold me something fucked i can insist on a cash refund?

surely?

surely?!

Barry Admin

Yeah, you're entitled to a full cash refund.

madhair60

so is the credit note thing just pure chancer shit? fucking wankers.

Wonderful Butternut

Quote from: madhair60 on March 16, 2024, 12:01:23 AMso is the credit note thing just pure chancer shit?

Essentially.

Dex Sawash

They only sound bad while the ear mites are on the move

shiftwork2

Are these old Pros?  There was a botched firmware update on Pros made before Oct 2020 that gave the buzz.  The replacement program supposedly ended last year but I'd bet they'd still honour it.  The serial number to check is in the tiniest font imaginable in the lid for the right earbud underneath somebody else's earwax.

Otherwise: return the item to the store for a full refund.

shiftwork2

Correction for the latter ^ part: return the item to the store where you will be issued with a full refund.

Clownbaby

Aye I bought a PS3 controller that clearly hadn't even been tested, because it didn't work in any way, and got a refund no questions asked when I brought it back in and it obviously didn't work when I gave it back to the guy to check.

dontpaintyourteeth

No in fact if you enter the store again they will charge you for an additional set

Sebastian Cobb

Hang on, people sell, and more importantly buy, second hand in-ear buds?

Might as well buy a used fleshlight.

madhair60

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 16, 2024, 11:57:25 AMMight as well buy a used fleshlight.

i did

anyway I'm in CEX right now. wish me luck, friends of madhair

Butchers Blind

It's clearly madhair's ears that are at fault. No refund for those.

madhair60

i just want to listen to my Phil Colims playlist in peace

madhair60

there's a guy in here who has worked in the shop for over a decade and he is still alive!

Icehaven

Quote from: madhair60 on March 16, 2024, 12:11:49 PMthere's a guy in here who has worked in the shop for over a decade and he is still alive!

Is CEX like charity shops and the staff get first dibs on anything good or are they a bit stricter than that? If not that guy's house probably looks like he won The Gadget Show competition ten times over.

Pranet

A few months back I needed a pair of cheap earphones in a hurry on a Saturday night, there is an all night garage up the road which had some. Got home, they didn't work. Took them back, replaced them with the final pair of earphones they had- they didn't work either. I got my money back though I bet the second time I went back the guy there thought I was trying it on or mad.

Sorry, this isn't very helpful or interesting.

Icehaven

Quote from: Pranet on March 16, 2024, 12:24:22 PMA few months back I needed a pair of cheap earphones in a hurry on a Saturday night, there is an all night garage up the road which had some. Got home, they didn't work. Took them back, replaced them with the final pair of earphones they had- they didn't work either. I got my money back though I bet the second time I went back the guy there thought I was trying it on or mad.

Sorry, this isn't very helpful or interesting.

My earphones died halfway through a long journey so I bought a pair from a train station newsagent and they worked for about 6 weeks. Was surprised they lasted that long tbh.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 16, 2024, 11:57:25 AMHang on, people sell, and more importantly buy, second hand in-ear buds?

Might as well buy a used fleshlight.

I'd do this, but I'd replace the tips, obvs. There's probably a market for used tips for disgusting men, and if not then I'm going to register a trademark and buy justthetips.com

PlanktonSideburns

Wonder if madhair is in jail for smashing up a CEX now

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 16, 2024, 12:39:55 PMI'd do this, but I'd replace the tips, obvs. There's probably a market for used tips for disgusting men, and if not then I'm going to register a trademark and buy justthetips.com

I think fleshlights have sleeves not tips.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on March 16, 2024, 01:04:33 PMI think fleshlights have sleeves not tips.

I don't even know what a fleshlights are. Are they for SAD?

Uncle TechTip

Surely if they've been heavily used they'll have burnt out all the high frequencies, I wouldn't bother.

thenoise

Quote from: touchingcloth on March 16, 2024, 01:45:06 PMI don't even know what a fleshlights are. Are they for SAD?

Different kind of Cex shop.

Butchers Blind

No word from madhair. Maybe there was some confusion and madhair is sitting in the CEX storeroom and the ear pods are happily scanning CaB and writing comics.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 16, 2024, 09:27:37 PMNo word from madhair. Maybe there was some confusion and madhair is sitting in the CEX storeroom and the ear pods are happily scanning CaB and writing comics.

They said "refund? Re. YOUR fund(ament), more like" and then belted him up the arse into grave. RIP bbz.

phes

Quote from: Pranet on March 16, 2024, 12:24:22 PMA few months back I needed a pair of cheap earphones in a hurry on a Saturday night...

All night garage, all night garage, headphone shopping at the all night garage!

Zero Gravitas

Everyone's getting one over on and laughing at madhair60.

No the kind of laughing at or getting one over on he'd like however.

I hope he gets an ear infection at the end of all this to boot.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: phes on March 16, 2024, 09:54:06 PMAll night garage, all night garage, headphone shopping at the all night garage!

I'll have ten kitkats and a jar of marmite

oggyraiding

They have a 24 month warranty on all goods, so they should replace at the very least. Though I've never bought hardware from there due to fear of it being stinky and broken.

H-O-W-L

madhair was besieged by the bolshevists on the winding road from castle sex. his carriage was overturned and fired into with musket & fusillade, he will be missed