Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Primark

Started by shiftwork2, March 23, 2024, 12:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontpaintyourteeth

I saw the other day that they do clothes with the Homer-retreating-into-the-hedge bit on them. That was vaguely amusing I thought

Blue Jam

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 23, 2024, 11:26:23 AMI've never bought anything from Primark. I've been in and found something that I'd quite like to buy in the past, but every time I've got to the till and there's been a queue of seventeen million people so I haven't bothered.

I've never bought anything from Primark either. Mainly because their shops are huge and crowded and weird and terrifying.

dex

Ah, Primani. I have purchased garments from them but as others have already said the stuff doesn't last long. If you were in a fix for clothing and needed something quckly, short term and cheap its an option.

Bloody busy in there mind, can be a test of patience shopping there.

Vodkafone

Hi, am I in the right place for the 'Left wing progressive Cookdandbombd celebrates exploitative and environmentally destructive corporates thread'?

dontpaintyourteeth

Gurke and Hare

"Oh, so you want a better and more sustainable world, yet you buy clothes that are affordable in a society where keeping your head above water is getting harder and harder do you?"

Buelligan

There are other ways of buying inexpensive clothes.

Arbiter

I buy second hand undies online so if anyone sees my skiddies I can blame them on the previous owner.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

TK Maxx is where it's at. Like a glorified jumble sale.

Vodkafone

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 23, 2024, 11:48:34 AM"Oh, so you want a better and more sustainable world, yet you buy clothes that are affordable in a society where keeping your head above water is getting harder and harder do you?"

Charity shops and Vinted mate.

Indomitable Spirit

Most people don't want to dress their kids in soiled clothes already worn by a stranger.

Buelligan

Didn't have new clothes as a kid growing up, don't see it as an issue myself.

Quote from: Arbiter on March 23, 2024, 11:51:39 AMI buy second hand undies online so if anyone sees my skiddies I can blame them on the previous owner.

We all know that is not the reason.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Cleveland Steamer on March 23, 2024, 01:04:32 AMBirmingham Primark has a Greggs in the middle of it.

Almost poetic, that. There's a Pennies in town that is so big it's anxiety inducing. And it's always crammed with women going about their shoply business. You have to almost wade through them.

Aside from the very occasional errand I never have a reason to be there. Shoes, M&S. Tops, M&S. Jacket/coats, Zara. Jeans, H&M. Runners, Nike. Jumper, Hilfiger. Novelty T-shirt, internet.

Socks, underpants, vests, slippers and accessories, Primark is fine. They have stuff like empty liquid bottles and finicky little bags and whatnot.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on March 23, 2024, 11:48:34 AM"Oh, so you want a better and more sustainable world, yet you buy clothes that are affordable in a society where keeping your head above water is getting harder and harder do you?"

Another day, another wonderful opportunity for CaBbers to advertise how ethical they are ;)

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on March 23, 2024, 11:53:28 AMTK Maxx is where it's at. Like a glorified jumble sale.

I bloody love TK Maxx tbf. The shoe department is the best. The women's section is like some mad sculpture park.

dontpaintyourteeth

there's no ethical consumption under capitalism

throws self in pit

Blue Jam

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 23, 2024, 12:23:55 PMthere's no ethical consumption under capitalism

throws self in pit

Hiya Alan Parker, Urban Warrior mate

Vodkafone

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on March 23, 2024, 12:23:55 PMthere's no ethical consumption under capitalism

throws self in pit

A pit dug by your Gazan child slaves, no doubt.

PlanktonSideburns

I've bought primark before, its not particularly cheap, it wears out fast. Anyone suggesting its the only option for the skint is wrong

dontpaintyourteeth

don't think anyone did to be fair

PlanktonSideburns

Good. Let's keep it that way twats

madhair60

it's the only option for the cunt

Janie Jones

Quote from: Vodkafone on March 23, 2024, 11:37:30 AMHi, am I in the right place for the 'Left wing progressive Cookdandbombd celebrates exploitative and environmentally destructive corporates thread'?

You could try the Glinner thread where we recently had a go at the bullying far-right transphobe for wearing an old belt instead of buying a new one.

madhair60

i don't even own a belt... i don't know why anyone would

Pink Gregory

I spent the most I've ever spent on one garment (a coat/shirt thing) last year, cleared me out for a month, and it was still made by some sort of tory offshoot of horse girl's favourite Jack Wills, probably not with much better labour.

What I'm saying is, you can't win.

madhair60

yet here i am having never bought clothes for any reason.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Does your mum still buy them all for you?

madhair60

Pink Gregory

is it ethical to wear one of those barrels with shoulder straps that people wear when their clothes have been stolen/lost/gambled away

what about sandwich boards

dontpaintyourteeth

IS IT ETHICAL FOR ME TO SHAG YOUR MA

dontpaintyourteeth

I don't even know who I'm saying that to. I'm mortified.