Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:40:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Greggs news

Started by poo, July 24, 2015, 10:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

Imagine being a reporter and having to ring Greggs to get a comment on a story like this.

Video Game Fan 2000

If you work the complaints department of a popular stodge vendor you must know whats coming if you get a call that opens with a heavy sigh, skip hello and just ask "red top or local press?"

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: JamesTC on March 18, 2022, 04:34:12 PMI ordered Inland Empire from Amazon and it arrived today all smashed up. I didn't rush off to the Echo to have a picture of my glum face next to an old picture of Laura Dern. No, I contacted Amazon and arranged a return/redelivery.

What kind of loser goes to the press when your pasty isn't full enough. Quite frankly Paul, if that is your real name, I consider you to be a very disappointing shell.

I'd post his filling to him in a soggy envelope. Every day for the rest of his life.

Did he get paid? If so Fair play to him

How do they find these people? Surely they don't just phone the papers and bang, team coming round

Fambo Number Mive

Maybe they go on Facebook and message people. Although in this story it looks like he contacted the media directly.

poo

seepage

I assumed Greggs was cash-only anyway

Dex Sawash

GREGGS EXPANDS TO NORTH AMERICA OR GTFO

Icehaven

This happened when I went to Sainsbury's a couple of weeks ago, staff were standing either side of the entrance warning everyone it was cash only, needless to say being roundly ignored by a lot of people who were then getting to the checkout and kicking off when they realised they couldn't pay. Apparently it was affecting all Sainsbury's across the country. And something similar happened to McDonalds a few days ago as well, is some superhacking going on or something?

Butchers Blind

All money in Britain it has been discovered doesn't actually exist, and hasn't for some time.

dontpaintyourteeth

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 20, 2024, 12:26:41 PMAll money in Britain it has been discovered doesn't actually exist, and hasn't for some time.

Thought this was bollocks at first but then I looked in my wallet and it's empty, so...

Glebe

Underturd

I really really want a hot sausage roll now, I hope you're satisfied.

Glebe

Quote from: Underturd on March 20, 2024, 03:06:55 PMI really really want a hot sausage roll now, I hope you're satisfied.

Underturd

I stand by what I said.

Glebe

Go on then! Get a nice thick sausage inside you!

Underturd

But how, I'm nowhere near a Greggs!

Glebe

Sure there isn't a whopping tube of pork nearby?

Underturd

Not an easily accessable one.

Glebe

pigamus

The "Oh crumbs" thing has severely pissed me off. One for the infantilization thread.

Glebe

Still, don't cry over spilt milk!*

*Milk, served at Greggs, in tea or coffee!

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: pigamus on March 20, 2024, 04:43:38 PMThe "Oh crumbs" thing has severely pissed me off. One for the infantilization thread.

I imagine it made already mildly annoyed customers further annoyed. It's like those irritating error pages, when something goes wrong, no matter how minor, infantile shit like that just makes it more annoying.

boki

Quote from: Glebe on March 20, 2024, 04:44:59 PMStill, don't cry over spilt milk!*

*Milk, served at Greggs, in tea or coffee!
What if it gets on the vegan sausage rolls?  WHAT THEN?

TommyTurnips

Quote from: boki on March 20, 2024, 05:29:24 PMWhat if it gets on the vegan sausage rolls?  WHAT THEN?

They become vegetarian sausage rolls.

Clownbaby

Once the card machine wasn't working in Greggs, so I said I could pay with cash and the woman went "no, no, it's fine, just take it" and I got a free Greggs

tobythekid

I wasn't able to treat myself to a sausage roll. First one in months. Pretty gutting