Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:27:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Why don't Americans have proper names?

Started by Sam, January 27, 2017, 12:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

touchingcloth

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 18, 2024, 06:56:29 PMFucking hell! I had to Google it to see if you'd hilariously substituted Cregg for his obviously correct name of Craig, but fucking hell, it really is Cregg, Fucking hell!

Hugh Anthony Craig III would have been moderately American, and not especially annoying.

But Cregg III? A chef's kiss of fucking hell.

Cuellar

Hugh Anthony Cregg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!

Vodkafone

touchingcloth

The library investigator's name is actually Bookman?

touchingcloth

dissolute ocelot

One of the US government agents in international spy caper Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part One is played by the New Orleans-born actor Greg Tarzan Davis. His IMDb bio treats his middle name as entirely unremarkable. Can't imagine why Britain's own Greg Davies didn't think of that.

Incy Wincy Mincey

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: seepage on November 18, 2023, 06:23:47 AMCanadian, but on the BBC website there's a child who's written a video game who has the name 'Maximus Trest'

Really good one this

touchingcloth

Would you rather have a hand made out of ham, or made out of a man named Ian Ham?

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Quote from: touchingcloth on February 19, 2024, 10:05:16 PMWould you rather have a hand made out of ham, or made out of a man named Ian Ham?

...Or a nipple that dispenses Cregg?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Incy Wincy Mincey on February 19, 2024, 08:35:23 PMCarden Summers (transphobe)

Much nicer is The Good Place actor D'Arcy Carden (born Darcy Beth Erokan).

Although this has led me very off-topic to Scottish mathematical biologist Sir D'Arcy Wentworth Thompson and his mother Fanny Gamgee (sister of pioneering surgeon Sampson Gamgee). Where's the thread on Scottish people with silly names?

dissolute ocelot

The executive engineer of the Detroit-Windsor Tunnel was Burnside A. Value.

Dex Sawash

scanning our appointment calendar,soon to arrive are

Spoiler alert
Max Honeybone
[close]

followed by

Spoiler alert
Bobb Head
[close]

dissolute ocelot

Curt Fish, champion curler. To be fair, I've never met a fish that wasn't curt, at least to me.

El Unicornio, mang

Watching the Mets baseball game and this veteran got announced

touchingcloth

Why don't Australians have proper names? Orpheus Pledger

This reminds me of when I found out that Crocodile was his Christian and not nickname.

Shaxberd

The NFL draft has once again blessed us with the best of American names, this year's highlight being Michael Penix Jr.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shaxberd on Yesterday at 09:24:13 AMThe NFL draft has once again blessed us with the best of American names, this year's highlight being Michael Penix Jr.

Not Kool Aid McKinstry?

Shaxberd

Ah, nicknames are cheating! Although McKinstry's given first name is Ga'Quincy, which is also pretty great.

Some other good ones I've seen so far are Bo Nix and Ladd McConkey. Just a joy to say out loud.

touchingcloth

Penix? I suppose that's one of those woke lady cocks they have these days is it? It makes me so fucking mad and horny.

George White

Quote from: touchingcloth on Yesterday at 09:21:55 AMWhy don't Australians have proper names? Orpheus Pledger

This reminds me of when I found out that Crocodile was his Christian and not nickname.
Gilbert Broadway