Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:51:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Prisoner: Cell Block H is BACK!

Started by DrGreggles, September 02, 2023, 12:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Geoff Butler's light shone briefly, but brightly.

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 24, 2024, 06:02:22 PM82 was very dramatic!
I'm kindof glad I can't remember many details from when I saw it in the 80's/90's because it's like watching them for the first time. (Plus I know I missed some back then anyway.)
I really wish I was watching it for the first time, that was another killer. It's funny what sticks in the mind and what doesn't though - I don't remember Erica getting shot.

These YouTube uploads are very dark aren't they?  The outside 'storming the prison walls' scene was like watching a blank screen.  A round of applause for whoever put them all up though.

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 24, 2024, 11:27:42 PMGeoff Butler's light shone briefly, but brightly.

Hey, he's not gone yet!  More choice political incorrectness to come if memory serves.

JesusAndYourBush

Yeah they're very dark. Plus the sun started shining on my screen. I'm gonna try watching the last 15 min again in the dark with the lights off to try and tease out some more detail.

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on March 24, 2024, 11:50:56 PMI really wish I was watching it for the first time, that was another killer. It's funny what sticks in the mind and what doesn't though - I don't remember Erica getting shot.

These YouTube uploads are very dark aren't they?  The outside 'storming the prison walls' scene was like watching a blank screen.  A round of applause for whoever put them all up though.

In some cases that seems to be an aesthetic choice, one of the episodes with the people holed up in a house (not sure if you're there yet) had a scene that ran for what felt like five long minutes almost completely in the dark, just voices arguing.

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 25, 2024, 01:27:19 AMIn some cases that seems to be an aesthetic choice, one of the episodes with the people holed up in a house (not sure if you're there yet) had a scene that ran for what felt like five long minutes almost completely in the dark, just voices arguing.
I think I know the scene you mean (Pat O'Connell's scumbag son and his mate Herbie?) but this is different - I have to turn the screen brightness up and down for scenes that take place in the cells.

JesusAndYourBush

It's the youtube copy - to an extent.  When I had reason to rewatch a scene of an episode that was on That's a few weeks ago I noticed that although a scene was still dark, it wasn't as dark with more detail visible.

JesusAndYourBush

#83 was another good one. I noticed the scenes reprised at the start were less dark, so it's likely some of these are just poor copies.

Another silly radio moment where the radio delivers the latest news as it's happening, then does it again just a few minutes later right on cue.

I'm guessing it's the end of Dominguez's story, and I can't see Geoff being around much longer.

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on March 25, 2024, 10:07:24 PMI'm guessing it's the end of Dominguez's story, and I can't see Geoff being around much longer.
I can see poor old Ros being around a bit longer though - and Chrissie could have tried to look a bit less guilty when they were walking her back in.

Loved the minimum effort it took Geoff to smash the bottle at the end.

JesusAndYourBush

I noticed the bottle. Very brittle sugar glass!

Naah, I reckon it was real glass.  He's a rough tough fella who'd scare the Ghengis Khan!

JesusAndYourBush

And he didn't just "bash" that guy, he used kung fu!

Episode 84, and it's a day to remember for Fletch - first he disarms and nearly kills a bottle-wielding black belt, then backs down to a hilariously irate Dr Miller.

Episode 85 - some great sparring between Lizzie and Erica / Vera, enter PAUL REID and ta-ra David O'Connell makes this one of the best episodes yet.

The storylines are getting cleverer and more involved by the day.

DrGreggles

Aww good work - will there be more than seven episodes going up? (I've already got through these on YouTube on my strict one-a-day regime.

I have to confess I don't really know much about how these things work, I'm so old-skool that I still buy TV Choice every week.

DrGreggles

There's already 7 from s1, these 7 are s2.
Don't know when they'll be on YouTube though.

JesusAndYourBush

Talking cross-purposes maybe?  That S2 is a podcast and nothng to do with That's 2 showing S2 of the series (which they aren't, as far as I'm aware).

As for the series, I've managed one a day apart from managing two the other day  Just watched #87.  More dark scenes (watching in the dark helps).  Bea no longer wants to kill Chrissie Latham (I guess there's only so much milage in a storyline before they drop it and move on), and some surprising news for Lizzie.

DrGreggles

No cross-purposes...

We were talking recently about PAUL REID (obviously), and we concluded that he didn't really need to be there.
He doesn't really have any major stories himself, and is only a peripheral figure in others.
PAUL REID essentially existed just to be PAUL REID.

I notice they've found a new way of communicating in solitary - speaking down the toilet at low volume.  No flushing handles or loo roll either.

Can't wait to see Lizzie's face tonight.  Meg's horrified expression at the end of last night's episode was fantastic.

DrGreggles

Quote from: xxxx xxx x xxx on March 29, 2024, 12:35:24 PMMeg's horrified expression at the end of last night's episode was fantastic.

Was she asked to act?

Uncle TechTip

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 29, 2024, 12:26:19 AMNo cross-purposes...

We were talking recently about PAUL REID (obviously), and we concluded that he didn't really need to be there.
He doesn't really have any major stories himself, and is only a peripheral figure in others.
PAUL REID essentially existed just to be PAUL REID.

Was he used as a way for the prisoners to talk more openly, to someone that isn't a screw? A force for good amidst all the tough authority. Plus his son leads directly to Sharon Gilmour and Judy Bryant. He's the beating heart of the show!

DrGreggles

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on March 29, 2024, 07:21:03 PMWas he used as a way for the prisoners to talk more openly, to someone that isn't a screw? A force for good amidst all the tough authority. Plus his son leads directly to Sharon Gilmour and Judy Bryant. He's the beating heart of the show!

He was Jean's replacement. Who didn't do much either.

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 29, 2024, 07:11:03 PMWas she asked to act?

Our Meg's been behaving pretty strangely recently.  She bit Vera's head off for suggesting they go out for a drink together after work and she's cold-shouldering Fletch when all he did was rescue her from a nutter....and yet it didn't take her long to be practically best mates with Chrissie when she was brought back from Barnhurst.

DrGreggles

You have to admire her professionalism and admin skills.
No one stands silently at the back of the visitors room like Meg.

JesusAndYourBush

Great piece of bad acting at the end of #89!! (the scene with the abusive husband).

DrGreggles

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 01, 2024, 05:18:21 PMGreat piece of bad acting at the end of #89!! (the scene with the abusive husband).

The one who kicks a ball into a dog's face?

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 01, 2024, 05:59:50 PMThe one who kicks a ball into a dog's face?

Yes, all of it, concluding with the guy's comical little whimper right at the end.

BEG BITCH, BEG!

(Got to admit, that smack in the face with the rifle was pretty nasty though).