Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:05:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Harry and Meghan giving up royal duties [split topic]

Started by imitationleather, January 08, 2020, 06:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinball

He's got posh kid haircut, with matching fashion slacks.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 09, 2020, 10:43:32 PM
Remember when Prince William was supposed to be the handsome one? Dude looks worse than his grandmother.

All his hair fell out. Have a little bit of empathy.

idunnosomename

God george is wearing old man pyjama pants. Gonna be an insufferable cunt

Pinball

William does look the part though. Hair to the throne?

Urinal Cake

Shoulders?-Stomach!

It's so obvious what that side parting gargoyle is going to look like in 20 years time it's making me physically sick to complete the synaptic pathways.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 09, 2020, 11:03:33 PM
He should wear a wig like his nan.
or like george i-iv. This bald king nonsense. Off with his minimal hair, on with his periwig

Pinball

George's shirt looks like something a Victorian baby would wear. Get down to Gap FFS.

idunnosomename

His granny's dress looks like one of those posh quilted bog rolls

V

Quote from: Mister Six on January 09, 2020, 10:45:23 PM
Nice, but Charles' speech bubble needs to be lower than the CoD's, otherwise you'll read his first.
Fixed

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Pinball on January 09, 2020, 11:10:50 PM
George's shirt looks like something a Victorian baby would wear.

As a member of a family that symbolises a feudal society of medieval England in what is ostensibly a modern democratic state. Colour me shocked!

machotrouts

Quote from: Mister Six on January 09, 2020, 10:45:23 PM
Nice, but Charles' speech bubble needs to be lower than the CoD's, otherwise you'll read his first.

It's a manga

gatchamandave

Quote from: Pinball on January 09, 2020, 10:54:20 PM
He's got posh kid haircut, with matching fashion slacks.

It's Hunting Stewart, Miss Smith

Jittlebags

How does the Royal gene pool go? At least rumour wise. There may be a Lord Porchester involved, and maybe someone with a red beard. Those two offspring of Ferguson look like there was a frog involved somewhere.

Ambient Sheep

Edward is also rumoured to be another Porchester-style situation, although not with Porchester; I forget who.

EDIT: Oh!  Good point!  If Meghan's husband really is Harry Hewitt after all, then basically he's not royal at all, is he?  Well only inasmuch as Diana's parents were vaguely blue-bloodish in the first place... that DOES change things... "You see Liz?  I knew no grandson of mine would go to bed with a..."

Perhaps Harry knows and this his way of just getting out of a family that he no longer feels part of?

Probably just stupid speculation from me here, sorry.

Urinal Cake

If only Harry stayed a Las Vegas mad lad instead of trying to act responsibly.

imitationleather

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on January 10, 2020, 05:12:55 AM
"You see Liz?  I knew no grandson of mine would go to bed with a..."

Didn't Phillip spend a few years going around the world on a yacht doing exactly that behind the Queen's back?

kittens

happy to hear they'll be getting some much deserved time off.

Blue Jam

Ended up watching some Syoots on Netflix last night. Sadly it's not like it's portrayed in The Windsors ("Overuled!" "No, you're overuled!), it's preposterous but surprisingly enjoyable and I got drawn in. Syoots herself is actually one of the better actors in it. I remember enjoying it when it first started (in the pre-Syoots era) so I may have to give it another go. It's pretty good as comfort telly.

I don't understand those royalists who are angry that Bants married "a C-list actor". No-one seemed bothered by Katie's lack of IMDB credits. Also I suspect these people wouldn't have been too pleased if Bants had married an A-list actor. They're just angry he didn't marry someone more like his mother.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 10, 2020, 09:58:43 AM
Ended up watching some Syoots on Netflix last night. Sadly it's not like it's portrayed in The Windsors ("Overuled!" "No, you're overuled!), it's preposterous but surprisingly enjoyable and I got drawn in. Syoots herself is actually one of the better actors in it. I remember enjoying it when it first started (in the pre-Syoots era) so I may have to give it another go. It's pretty good as comfort telly.

I don't understand those royalists who are angry that Bants married "a C-list actor". No-one seemed bothered by Katie's lack of IMDB credits. Also I suspect these people wouldn't have been too pleased if Bants had married an A-list actor. They're just angry he didn't marry someone more like his mother.

I met "Tony Gionopoulos" in a bar in Toronto. The life of a C-list celebrity seemed pretty cool and pretty bleak.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/19/struggling_brampton_actor_discovers_hes_big_in_serbia_really_big.html

(check out the intro for Tropical Heat)

Cuellar

Blue Jam

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 10, 2020, 10:44:35 AM
I met "Tony Gionopoulos" in a bar in Toronto. The life of a C-list celebrity seemed pretty cool and pretty bleak.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2013/05/19/struggling_brampton_actor_discovers_hes_big_in_serbia_really_big.html

(check out the intro for Tropical Heat)

Oh yes, you sent me the juicy goss in those PMs. Was much appreciated. Damn, we have to have a snooker meet soon.

My favourite one in Syoots is Rick Hoffman as Louis though. He's very entertaining, I shall keep watching.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 10, 2020, 11:16:25 AM
Oh yes, you sent me the juicy goss in those PMs. Was much appreciated. Damn, we have to have a snooker meet soon.

My favourite one in Syoots is Rick Hoffman as Louis though. He's very entertaining, I shall keep watching.

I hadn't seen the Tropical Heat intro. Sadly the "bronzed and bleach-mullet haired" actor John David Bland died in 1998 aged 34, absolute no reference to his death online accept his Czech wikipedia page (no other languages available) and an obscure forum from 2002 in which a producer briefly mentions his passing amongst a description of the trials and tribulations of filming the show in Mexico, Cuba and South Africa. I suspect heroin death.

The show itself looks hyper-cliched, but great. The lead female retired from acting and now (a decade ago) practices alternative medicine.

ps. can someone remind me what thread this is?

Icehaven

Quote from: BlodwynPig on January 10, 2020, 11:20:30 AM

ps. can someone remind me what thread this is?

It's my life take it or leave it
Set me free what's that crap papa-knew-it-all
I got my own life you got your own life
Live your life and set me free
Mind your business and leave my business
You know everything papa-knew-it-all
Very little knowledge is dangerous
Stop bugging me stop bothering me
Stop bugging me stop forcing me
Stop fighting me stop yelling me
It's my life

[Hook]
(It's my life)
It's my life my worries! (It's my life)
It's my life my problems! (It's my life)

[Verse 2]
Do you understand
I live the way I want to live
I make decisions day and night
Show me signs and good examples
Stop telling me how to run your business
Take a trip to east and west
You find that you don't know anything
Every's getting tired of you
Sometimes you have to look and listen
You can even learn from me
Little knowledge is dangerous
It's my life

BlodwynPig

NEIL SPLIT THIS SPLIT TOPIC

"Tropical Heat - Your Memories, Our Dreams"

NEIL SPLIT THIS SPLIT TOPIC SPLIT TOPIC

"Dr. Alban, a new hope"

Cuellar

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 10, 2020, 09:58:43 AM

Forgive me if I'm missing something, I've never watched the show, but isn't 'Syoots' the way the English pronounce 'Suits' (a sore point for me as I used to get rinsed mercilessly for pronouncing it this way at school, in ENGLAND, where that IS HOW IT'S PRONOUNCED)? As she's a North American anglophone, wouldn't Meghan Markle pronounce it 'Soots'?

Blue Jam

Yes, but "Syoots" is the way the character "Meghan Markle" in the sitcom The Windsors pronounces it, so it became a bit of a nickname for Meghan Markle (the real-life one) on here.

I actually looked up some interviews on YouTube to see if she actually pronounces it "Syoots" but sadly she doesn't.

Quote from: icehaven on January 10, 2020, 11:25:23 AM

It's my life take it or leave it
Set me free what's that crap papa-knew-it-all
I got my own life you got your own life
Live your life and set me free
Mind your business and leave my business
You know everything papa-knew-it-all
Very little knowledge is dangerous
Stop bugging me stop bothering me
Stop bugging me stop forcing me
Stop fighting me stop yelling me
It's my life

[Hook]
(It's my life)

[Verse 2]
Do you understand
I live the way I want to live
I make decisions day and night
Show me signs and good examples
Stop telling me how to run your business
Take a trip to east and west
You find that you don't know anything
Every's getting tired of you
Sometimes you have to look and listen
You can even learn from me
Little knowledge is dangerous
It's my life

Dancing around whilst reading this post. Fucking caning it. Colleagues looking on, mouths agape, shaking heads. Stop judging me. It's my life.

Cuellar

Quote from: Blue Jam on January 10, 2020, 12:36:40 PM
Yes, but "Syoots" is the way the character "Meghan Markle" in the sitcom The Windsors pronounces it, so it became a bit of a nickname for Meghan Markle (the real-life one) on here.

I actually looked up some interviews on YouTube to see if she actually pronounces it "Syoots" but sadly she doesn't.

Oh right, as you were

Pinball

How long before Harry and Meghan divorce? As she's returned to Canada after staying in the UK for 2 days, leaving Harry to carry the can with Brenda, they are already separated. She will no doubt restart acting in Toronto shortly (Suits maybe?), and that's that. Royal role over.

A right royal fuck-up by Harry. What a pussy-whipped fool.