Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,808
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:48:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PSN: No Subscription Required

Started by Jim Jarmusch, January 24, 2008, 09:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm going into full sexual predator mode and luring innocent barely legal teens back to my apartment.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32684.html

Full walkthrough of the new store's interface. Very nice, cool transition effects and especially like how easy is it is to view videos and screen shots of some of the games.

Yeah we can throw our Japanese IDs away now but signing up for a UK account is difficult at the moment. The site is getting hammered. I've not been able to get past the first page.

https://id.konami.net/index.jsp

I understand that we can download the European Beta from tonight but the severs don't go live until Monday.

Penfold

any opinions on the new store?

it's become harder to read on my SDTV and it NOT much faster at loading the info on each item but i still likes it.

also very happy with the Super Stardust expansion, it's probably the game i play the most.

currently downloading the MGS online beta but in no rush as i've never been too involved in the MGS games, not sure what i was playing instead at the time.

edit: to add NOT.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Penfold on April 17, 2008, 07:00:04 PM
any opinions on the new store?

I'm glad that they've got rid of the slow-loading web page, but it still seems to have to download the category icons each time you open the store which sometimes seems to hang for a few seconds. It would make a lot more sense if they cached the icons on disk. They're only little PNG files, so they'd hardly fill up the hard drive.

Quotealso very happy with the Super Stardust expansion, it's probably the game i play the most.

Agreed. The new modes are brilliant, especially the new Easy mode on Arcade (the original difficulty was bloody rock).

Penfold

i'm going to rip easy mode a new one, i managed to get good on normal, then when you finish the five planets it goes up a difficulty but on easy it stays the same.

also noticed my original post missed a key word that made it look like the new store is fast at stuff, it isn't. edit made.

Doctor Stamen

Well, just got my PS3 in time for GTA IV at the end of the month, i'm well impressed.  Got Euro 2008, GT5:Prologue and Resistance, and my ID's cosm1ctr1gger. 

Haven't got round to playing Resistance yet but Euro '08 is superb, the next PES will have to go a long way to top this.

My Giddy Aunt

Amen.
Yay.
Ands welcome, the PS3 is bloody great!

MGS Online is finally operational. Just had a few Team Death matches without really know what I was doing and came first. The environments and character models look nice. No run and gun action. You can only walk and sneak round very slowly. The aiming doesn't take long to get use to.

I've never played a MGS game before and thought it was a nice change of frantic gameplay that we're all use to. The closest thing it resembles for me is Lost Planet demo which I got sick of after 10 minutes. This feels its done right and would be my choice ahead of also Warhawk which I regret buying.

I'm not if theres any voice chat. There are pre set commands you can have your man say but it makes the experience a bit sterile not hearing real people talk.

Famous Mortimer

Is it still David Hayter doing the voices for it?

Voice chat is included, now starting to notice more people have mics. When you set up your character, choose his outfit theres four voices to select from and you can adjust the pitch. All butch heroic American accents.

Some stuff I don't like is that you have to swap from a weapon to grenades in order to throw one. Thats 5 seconds of wasted time and you no longer have the target.

I can't find a reload button yet but theres an auto aim (square) which doesn't really have much purpose. If you can't shoot straight why would you want to change it mid game.

The guns don't do enough damage often its just been two of us stood in front of each other waiting for the other person to die. Who ever survives lives only a few seconds longer because a third person will come along and get an easy kill. Your health doesn't restore or no med kits.

Friendly fire is a bitch, people cross your line of fire and get in your way and a few idiots just walk around kicking each other. I was using tranquilliser bullets and not knowing before. When someone puts you to sleep you can't move for half a minute.

This game has hopefully a lot of poetical once you play with friends and find the right choice in weapon.

Rubbish Monkey

Quote from: Aki Kaurismäki on April 25, 2008, 03:51:03 PM
Some stuff I don't like is that you have to swap from a weapon to grenades in order to throw one. Thats 5 seconds of wasted time and you no longer have the target.

I can't find a reload button yet but theres an auto aim (square) which doesn't really have much purpose. If you can't shoot straight why would you want to change it mid game.

If you haven't figured it out by now its circle to reload and R2 to quick swap your weapon.

I've really enjoyed my couple of goes on it so far, should keep me ticking over nicely until GTA.
My cunning plan of scattering dirty magazines about backfired when my own team mate read them. Doh!

After a few more goes I'm liking too despite some of the flaws. Worked out the reload eventually but it could be a little bit faster. If it had the same weapon accuracy and simple cross hair as Drakes Uncharted it would be superb.

The cover system wasn't that effective and cost me a life earlier. I was up on the top level of that building just on the outside and wanted to shoot from the steel walkway down the corridor. You expose your whole body and it interfered with when I was finally allowed to take the shot.

Need to try how the melee attack works and have a go at the sniper rifle to see if its any good zooming in. Hiding in the cardboard boxes is fun.

falafel

I'm still downloading the software updates. After about three hours. Bastards.

This seems to be a consistent issue. I can't get GT5P to update, no matter how many times I try. Which means I can't play online at all. I mean, that's probably a good thing what with how shite I am at it, but still... I paid for that option, and it's being denied me, and that's a bad thing, right?

Rubbish Monkey

Lee

I'm on here as 'mixomatosis'. I've got Team Fortress 2, Condemned 2, Army Of Two and Burnout Paradise, although I've only played the latter one so far.

If only Bishi Bashi Special could be networked...

My Giddy Aunt

Who have we missed?

Aki Kaurismäki- sparced
Chand - enoughrope
Penfold - monkeydeath
slaaaaabs - slaaaaabs
falafel - falafalmac
EddyWhore - eddypunk
Capt. Midnight - revolver85
My Giddy Aunt - NickMuzz
Rubbish Monkey - mnky
Lewis - drunkenchrist
Doctor Stamen - cosm1ctr1gger
Lee - mixomatosis

Slaaaaabs

When does the MGO beta end? The timing is ever so silly up against GTA4.

Penfold

Quote from: Slaaaaabs on April 29, 2008, 09:51:20 PM
When does the MGO beta end? The timing is ever so silly up against GTA4.

11th May i think.

Penfold

anyone else having trouble accessing GTA4 multiplayer?

it worked fine this morning but this evening it won't connect to 'game provider'

tried to look at the leaderboards and it says i must be logged in to the playstation network, which i already am.

i assume it's just really busy but also really annoying.

Rubbish Monkey

Yes I've had trouble getting on. Annoyingly I've had a couple of invites off people already online. I think they are just mocking me.

My Giddy Aunt

You won't be getting any sympathy from me. My copy hasn't even arrived. :(

Penfold

Quote from: Rubbish Monkey on April 29, 2008, 11:01:50 PM
Yes I've had trouble getting on. Annoyingly I've had a couple of invites off people already online. I think they are just mocking me.

this is where i would say "yeah sorry about that HAHAHAHAHAHAHA" but still no luck for me. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

My Giddy Aunt

Quote from: My Giddy Aunt on April 29, 2008, 11:07:52 PM
You won't be getting any sympathy from me. My copy hasn't even arrived. :(
And now I find a missed delivery slip! ARGHH, How can a little bluray box be too big for my mighty big hole?!!

falafel

Well I'm moving the ps3 back home from the fella's tonight so anyone who is able, fancy heading on to gta at 8 tonight for a little group gunplay?

Penfold

i'm up for that, it froze on me for the first time yesterday and i've had mixed luck with accessing multiplayer but if all is ok i'll be there.

Rubbish Monkey

I'll give it a whirl before the Mrs wants the telly for Hereos... as long as it lets me online of course.

Penfold

pfft! who needs Heroes?

just say "hey honey! watch in amazement at Niko's power to get a $20 handjob!"

Doctor Stamen

I'm stuck at work til 10 tonight unfortunately, but i'm on call this weekend so I intend to give GTA an absolute hammering.

falafel

Shit it, no luck here at the moment, it's almost enough to make you want to pay a subscription for a functioning service... grr. Anyone online?