Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

LONDON MEET 28th August - The Anchor, Park Street, Bank Side, near London Bridge 2 PM!!!

Started by butnut, June 26, 2004, 05:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which day can you NOT do? If you have 2 or more, post in this thread, you annoying-type person!

I'm as easy as Sunday Morning and can go to all the dates
13 (36.1%)
I CAN'T go on the 7th of August
5 (13.9%)
I CAN'T go on the 14th of August
4 (11.1%)
I CAN'T go on the 21st of August
6 (16.7%)
I CAN'T go on the 28th of August
8 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Voting closed: June 30, 2004, 12:05:22 PM

butnut

OK - I know that most people will drop out at the last minute, but here's a current batting order:

Sore Bottom Mum
Frinky
Lady Beany (?)
Sam (?)
Xerode ?
Regular John
Lt Plonker
Hoverdonkey
Dr David V
Marty McFly ??
JJJJH (?)
TotalNightmare???
Gazeuse?
Rootin' Tootin' Rasp.
PT - if RTR goes
J Yesno
Bogey
Me

That's 18 possibles so far - and 10 apparent 'definates'. Not bad.

I propose somewhere different from the last few meets - not because it was a bad place or anything - but because it'll be good to go somewhere else. What are the requirements? Not too much loud music so we can hear each other, fairly central, and with a decent supply of booze.

Hmm, what's the age demographic?  I'm a bit scared of this... on many levels, really.  But especially if I'd be the only one there in their late 30's among a load of MP3 shaped young types, smelling freshly of University and the latest in SNES gaming technologies.

Dr David V

Oh don't be worried about that. I'm not. If I were, I'd be scared about being groomed for the day.

Gazeuse

Quote from: "sick as a pike"Hmm, what's the age demographic?  I'm a bit scared of this... on many levels, really.  But especially if I'd be the only one there in their late 30's among a load of MP3 shaped young types, smelling freshly of University and the latest in SNES gaming technologies.

Yes, don't worry...No-one in the world is older than me.

TraceyQ

Frinky

Actually, can we make it the week after? I'm very very busy that day, I had no realising. Week prior, or post, I don't mind, but not the 7th.

Since I am God, I respectfully COMMAND that you comply.

butnut

Are you serious Frinky? I presume so. I'm happy with the 14th. Anyone else?

TraceyQ

<nods furiously>

The bank holiday weekend would be even better though.....

Kawaii Five-O

Can I be pencilled in as a maybe please? Resits are sometime in August and I haven't had my exam results yet (eep) so I might not be able to make it but if I can then I'd like to. Face fiercely red now.

Frinky

I'm a serious as I am DAMN SEXY, and we all know what kind of levels we're into there.

Really.

Week after. It'd be great. Come on.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "sick as a pike"Hmm, what's the age demographic?  I'm a bit scared of this... on many levels, really.  But especially if I'd be the only one there in their late 30's among a load of MP3 shaped young types, smelling freshly of University and the latest in SNES gaming technologies.
Oh don't fret.  The oldest person on that list is in their early 40s, and I can see at least two others in their 30s.

Being 39 myself, I've never found it a problem at any of the four-and-a-half meets I've attended.

I'd like to come to this, but it *will* be problematic.  So count me out for the time being unless you hear otherwise.

Bogey

Good heavens, that's a possible twenty-one, plus, hopefully, the other Glastonbury returnees, (so I can say sorry, like).

We're gonna need somewhere with some space then.

Weather permitting, there's a pub with a really nice, and big, beer garden* right next to where I go climbing every week. It's called The Station, and it's opposite Latimer Road tube. It's mighty fine indoors too, although it is quite far away from "the action", and it does involve taking the Hammersmith-and-fucking-cocking-awful line.

*these being, as London whores will undoubtedly be aware, in frustratingly short supply in le Capitale.

Frinky

terminallyrelaxed

Bogey

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"
Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Yeah I'm up for it.

Sorry TR, I was counting on from butnut's roundup.

They've got really big tables there too, inside and out. It's a nice "joint".

Frinky

Purple Tentacle

terminallyrelaxed

Latimer Road? Latimer Road? "Quite far from the action" he says.... well if any nice place with a big beer garden is ok then theres the Falcon in Clapham North with added barbecue and music and totty in sarongs and posey twats* in shades, or The Queens Head on Brook Green in Hammersmith which is just nice and has a huge garden, does pretty good food and is an ancient oak pub, but both are also quite far from the action, too..seriously though I was going to suggest something like Brogan's in Fulham as its big but no beer garden as far as I know, and I thought it a bit cheeky to suggest something so close to my place, although there are plenty of big airy pubs around here. The White Horse on Parson's Green would be lovely, and they do ok food too, but its also a bit out of the way.
Henry's in Covent Garden would be easy to find and is nice and cool inside, but Covent Garden will be packed. We go through this every time don't we? Then someone suggests their local at the right time and everyone goes "yes, whatever".
I think we should make a real effort to get drinks on the river, and Hammersmith and Putney are the only places I know where you can do that....

*these twats being the totty's boyfriends, although sarongs are getting thinner

I think we should make a real effort to get drinks on the river, and Hammersmith and Putney are the only places I know where you can do that....

The Anchor on Clink Street, Bankside.  Or if people were feeling really adventurous there's Richmond- White Cross, The Swan, Slug & Lettuce.  But if it's a nice day all of those places will be completely full of humans.

Bogey

Good idea, but steady on!
In my defence, it's right on the other side of London from me, it takes me at least an hour to get there every week.
You can also get a drink on a boat, by Embankment. That's ace on a good day, albeit a little cramped for a party in excess of twenty.
Ooh! Ooh! Let's hire a boat! Except, in reality, about seven will turn up, so the space issue is likely to be hypothetical.

Come to think of it, how the fuck far away are Hammersmith and Putney Bridge? Unless you're, like, the Gentry or something.

Tsk.

butnut

Quote from: "terminallyrelaxed"Latimer Road? Latimer Road? "Quite far from the action" he says.... well if any nice place with a big beer garden is ok then theres the Falcon in Clapham North with added barbecue and music and totty in sarongs and posey twats* in shades, or The Queens Head on Brook Green in Hammersmith which is just nice and has a huge garden, does pretty good food and is an ancient oak pub, but both are also quite far from the action, too..seriously though I was going to suggest something like Brogan's in Fulham as its big but no beer garden as far as I know, and I thought it a bit cheeky to suggest something so close to my place, although there are plenty of big airy pubs around here. The White Horse on Parson's Green would be lovely, and they do ok food too, but its also a bit out of the way.
Henry's in Covent Garden would be easy to find and is nice and cool inside, but Covent Garden will be packed. We go through this every time don't we? Then someone suggests their local at the right time and everyone goes "yes, whatever".

*these twats being the totty's boyfriends, although sarongs are getting thinner

For some reason I thought you were close! Just across the river. Putney's pretty good for me - although all the pubs are full of wankers - except one, which is brilliant, but it's miles away from anywhere, and no-one would find it and it's tiny. Is the Falcon in Clapham the one with the really big bar? The one I'm thinking of is next to Clapham Junction station.

The river is very nice, but my instinct says we should have it somewhere central-ish to make it fair to people who live all over London and those coming from outsider. As Bogey suggested Embankment or somewhere like that is a possibilty.

Marty McFly

Bogey

Yeah, the boat's great. And before anyone says anything, the prices are quite reasonable too. It's no ponce-yacht.

Purple Tentacle

Selfish Tentacle says:  As Acton Gentry, Hammersmith is pretty good for me, and I really dislike Clapham.

But y'know, wherever like.

Central London is always a good compromise....

Frinky

Bogey

Fine by me, but the 14th's ages away!

Central London's dangerous ground for a weekend though, unless you actually like having approximately one demi-inch in which to move, one demi-decibel in which to speak, and one demi-pence for the bus ride home.
Aren't people weird?

This one's gonna run and run.

Purple Tentacle

Bogey

I'm quite prepared to believe you on that, being all-too-credulous as I am.
I've only lived here for three years anyway, so what do I know?

you decide.
Quite.

MojoJojo

terminallyrelaxed

I don't really give a shit what day its on as long as I don't have to go to work the next day....