Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

What if the world got to vote in the US Election?

Started by Kendo Nagasaki, September 01, 2004, 11:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kendo Nagasaki

http://www.betavote.com/

Completely useless site (in a political sense), but interesting none the less.

slim

We should get a vote, seeing as they seem to dictate some of our policy.

Santa's Boyfriend

Certainly interesting stuff - Kerry seems way ahead in almost every country.

Cliche Guevara

Even in Israel and the U.S. itself. Afghanistan and Iraq are almost 50/50 strangely enough.

I don't know how accurate that could be.

Cliche Guevara

What's Bush up to in Niger? So far 387 have voted for him as opposed to 4 for Kerry.

I thought Africa was a no-go area for Dubya.

slim

Quote from: "Cliche Guevara"What's Bush up to in Niger? So far 387 have voted for him as opposed to 4 for Kerry.

I suspect this might have something to do with it.

Santa's Boyfriend

Maybe it was all those uranium cakes they've been eating.

Cliche Guevara

Quote from: "slim"
Quote from: "Cliche Guevara"What's Bush up to in Niger? So far 387 have voted for him as opposed to 4 for Kerry.

I suspect this might have something to do with it.

Oh, well spotted. I should have scrolled to the bottom fully as well.

Malcontente

I find it hard to want to vote for either - Bush appears incompetent, whilst Kerry comes across as about as charismatic as an Action Man.

Cliche Guevara

Well it offers you two pictures to help. Personally I'd go for Kerry- the maverick. Look at that smile.

Cliche Guevara

And the striking flash of silver hair of course. Always a winner.

Bogey

A striking number of Finnish votes - 21912 for Kerry compared with 1516 from here. Hmm.... I blame Tom Rad. Obviously.

Jemble Fred

I've been thinking this a lot recently – in a way, the whole world is entitled to vote for the US Presidency, but at the very least, this poll should have the ultimate publicity – where are the newspaper campaigns and TV coverage? I'm sure that the opinions of the whole planet would influence a large number of Americans to consider their place in the world, and vote accordingly.

I've never seen a more convincing image of hell than the current Republican rallies.

Santa's Boyfriend

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"I'm sure that the opinions of the whole planet would influence a large number of Americans to consider their place in the world, and vote accordingly.

It's funny you should say that, as it seems to have the opposite effect.  Kerry is being openly attacked for wanting to consider the opinions of other nations, which the Americans seem to consider being the same as being run by other nations.

hencole

It is an interent poll and therefor completely unreliable. Almost all the countries look like they have been tampered with. Anyway most people from other countires wouldn't vote for either of them.

chand

Quote from: "hencole"It is an interent poll and therefor completely unreliable. Almost all the countries look like they have been tampered with.

Not least the 68 votes from uninhabited-save-for-some-scientists Antarctica, and five votes from Heard Island and The McDonald Islands, which according to the CIA's page are also uninhabited.

'Dude, let's say we voted from Antarctica!'

Purple Tentacle

Holy fuck, I'm staring open mouthed at this unpleasently Bush-friendly piece of political propoganda from our good old leftie BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/04/americas_george_w_bush0s_life/html/1.stm

Jemble Fred

Doesn't look like Ethiopia have even bothered to vote, the lazy bastards. Don't they take any interest in World Politics? It's not like they've got anything to do but piss about on the net, is it?

zozman

Quote from: "Purple Tentacle"Holy fuck, I'm staring open mouthed at this unpleasently Bush-friendly piece of political propoganda from our good old leftie BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/picture_gallery/04/americas_george_w_bush0s_life/html/1.stm

Bush was head cheerleader at school.  What would Dr Freud say about this and his consequent military action?

ColaCoca

Is it me or is little boy bush the spit of the kid in the Rolo advert that teases the elephant?

Tom Rad

Quote from: "Bogey"A striking number of Finnish votes - 21912 for Kerry compared with 1516 from here. Hmm.... I blame Tom Rad. Obviously.

Well, obviously. And I haven't half been keeping busy this morning, either. The votes for Kerry from Finland now stand at 22280 - that's 368 more votes since you posted at 8:58 am this morning. My mouse hand hurts, though, and I'm really not getting any work done. Still, mustn't grumble - there is, after all, an important political point to be made... I think.

(I've also clocked up 9 more votes for Kerry while writing this post.)

Cliche Guevara

Quote from: "ColaCoca"Is it me or is little boy bush the spit of the kid in the Rolo advert that teases the elephant?

Surely that's because he's his brother?

Edit: Sorry, somehow I managed to read that as "Is it me or is the little boy Bush the spit of the kid in the polo t-shirt?". Strange but true.

The Fanciful Norwegian

30 nations pick Kerry: Poll

QuoteA poll of 34,330 adults in 35 countries released yesterday confirmed the global unpopularity of U.S. President George W. Bush, with respondents in only three of the countries saying they would prefer to see him re-elected to a second term on Nov. 2.

[...]

Only the Philippines, Nigeria and Poland backed Bush while India and Thailand were split. About one-third of respondents said it would make no difference who won, or had no opinion.

Arab countries were not polled.

Fuckwittio

mayer

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"
I've never seen a more convincing image of hell than the current Republican rallies.

my friend and i thought the convention more like a dreadful post-apocalyptic sci-fi future.

<affects Arnie voice> FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! </affects Arnie voice>

been doing impressions all week.

I'd vote for Kerry, but I admit the only thing he has going for him is he's not George W. Bush.

chand

Quote from: "mayer"<affects Arnie voice> FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS! </affects Arnie voice>

That bit of the convention was really creepy. Though maybe it's just because he's a firm-talking, hand-raising Austrian who knows how to win over a crowd.

I missed most of his speech, apparently he came out with some debatable stuff about Austria and the communists.