Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 01:52:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Where to get T-shirts screenprinted?

Started by Frinky, September 04, 2004, 09:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frinky

Hello.

I've been buggering around in PS a bit and have done a few tshirt designs that I'd like to get screenprinted - just one offs. Most are one colour, two at most (but can all be done on one colour if need be).

Can anyone reccomend a good place to get this done? Ideally all online (I can host the massive high res designs online). I don't want to go with Cafepress, et al, becuase the prints are crap, and the tshirts are poor-fitting baggy poo. Actually getting it on to some decent material is important to me. I really hate Tees that have flaring sleeves at the side.

Any suggestions?

Cheers!

mr suit

don't bother with the printer/transfer paper/ironing route.

i tried it and it was rubbish.

bomb_dog

Transfer paper is crap and only really works on white t-shirts - but are a problem to wash and iron.

We bought a shirt from Gothstuff recently, and its pretty good quality. Seems they can do custom 1-off runs for you at £15 a go - be interested if you order anything from them as we bought one off the peg from them at a gig.

pretty dead boy

have you looked around town frinky?

i think that might be the best bet unless it's specifically the quality of screenprints you're deliberating over.  there seems to be tucked away t-shirt printing shops in quite a few towns, with custom made 'i love sports' shirts on the walls to display the quality of printing.  also, you'll be able to pick your t-shirt from hennes or elsewhere and take it in.

yellow pages or yell might be worth a look.

fanny splendid

Just to redress the balance. I have had some good results with the printer/transfer paper/iron route. Never had any problems with after care, either.

Pretty Dead Boy's idea sounds the best to me. Every town seems to have a place which will print your design onto t-shirts, pens, knickers et c.
Actually, I think Boots do it?

mr suit

Quote from: "fanny splendid"Just to redress the balance. I have had some good results with the printer/transfer paper/iron route. Never had any problems with after care, either.

any adivce you can chuck my way....? i was going to give it another go. the last Gay Dogs t-shirt i made went horribly awry.

i think part of the problem was the oversize logo being larger than the iron, and not having a trouser press type thing. when it came to taking the paper off, half the logo came off with it. tried it again... was a bit better, but still hardly attractive.

fanny splendid

Not wonderful advice, but you do have to be quite patient. Make sure the iron is hot, and move it in small circles, pressing down quite hard. I haven't done it for years, though.

I would be interested in seeing your Gay Dogs design!

mr suit

Quote from: "fanny splendid"
I would be interested in seeing your Gay Dogs design!

ahh... it was really simple one... just of the logo that someone did for them a few years back.

it was meant to look like this.

terminallyrelaxed

whenever I've looked into this the shops always seem to have a minimum run, like 50 t-shirts or somthing, and these were small shops...