Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:04:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

I've never had anything of note to say

Started by Schlippy, September 06, 2004, 03:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schlippy

So, TR won the last one, took a while but he got there in the end.

My dad once had a buzzard stuck in his arm. It was stunned when he found it, so he picked it up and plonked it on his arm, where it happily perched.

He started driving home slowly (only about a mile away or so when he found it), but as it started waking up, it decided to dig its claws into its new perch. Took a vet and a pair of pliers to get the dirty great sod free. Me, I would have just thwacked it against the nearest bit of concrete, but it takes all sorts I guess.

Would have put this somewhere else, but it's not technically self-surgery so I didn't.

Watch this die on its arse.

Cerys

Your father is a very silly man.  Everyone knows that the correct way to deal with a stunned buzzard is to encase it in industrial-strength bubble wrap (with a hole over its nostrils) until the police arrive.  Has he not read  the related government booklet?

In other news, it's SNG's birthday today.  We were awoken this afternoon after about three hours' sleep by a sudden onslaught of unexpected parents.  Agh.

Dr David V

Happy birthday SNG! I want you to imagine a cake, right in front of you. A cake that you like. That's my present for you - an imaginary cake. Enjoy.

Only 3 days until I go back to college. At least, to enrol for college. Then it's another 6 days until I go back. For my induction. Then it's another 5 days until I go back properly. Awkward bastards.

hymen spaz

I now have proof that Jaffacakes are biscuits - it's all to do with TAX aparently.

isn't it always.

Cliche Guevara

I think there was a debate on here about Jaffa Cakes some time ago and the conclusion was that they were biscuits.

hymen spaz

so my sources were correct - got it from a self confessed biscuit pervert - whatever one of those is.

whats your fave biscuit.

i'm still fond of the pink waffer and the Jammy Dodger

Cliche Guevara

Jaffa Cakes actually.

What's your favourite cake?

hymen spaz

now were talking..........

got to be Chocolate eclairs.  my  mouth is watering now!!!!!1

Yours?

Cliche Guevara

Just plain chocolate cake. Sponge goes down a treat as well.

fanny splendid

I'm in search of a book about a college lecturer who is politically active, leaning way to the left, and trying to organise his students to protest the imminent arrival of a Eugenics professor to give a lecture. In amongst al of this he tries to sleep with as many women as possible, culminating at the end of the book in a big party in which his wife commits suicide.

I think.

Any help in discovering the author, and title, of the book would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Frinky

Designs I've done for really geeky tshirts;

Anyone wanting a large (300DPI, A4ish) JPEG for thier own use, PM me. Or mock my geekiness.

Quote from: "Cliche Guevara"I think there was a debate on here about Jaffa Cakes some time ago and the conclusion was that they were biscuits.

a friend of mine was asked that in an interview once.

the answer is cakes.

Cliche Guevara

Well if that's the case then I don't have a favourite biscuit.

poison popcorn

Quote from: "hymen spaz"now were talking..........

got to be Chocolate eclairs.  my  mouth is watering now!!!!!1

Yours?

i've eaten 4 of those tonight already!

mini ones, like but not mini-tasty.