Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,803
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:20:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Jaws (shark film)

Started by madhair60, December 12, 2016, 11:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

Quote from: Replies From View on December 14, 2016, 06:44:23 PM
And did you press to unpause the film after that or did you just leave it?

I wrestled with my inner dramatist and then unpaused.  Sometimes the dramatic pause only works because it ends.

Steven

Here's Shaw being interviewed for The Battle Of The Bulge where you hear his natural 'received' but still decidedly Lancashire accent, I watched The Taking Of The Pelham One Two Three last night and he's putting on a more cut-glass voice in that.

Also, apparently he was meant to do an American accent in The Sting but thought it would stand out as fake compared to the other cast so decided to play the character as Irish with more of a Norn Oirish burr which he was more comfortable with and similar to his 'I'm not from anywhere' seafaring accent he speaks with in Jaws.

Dreyfus and Scheider on the notorious advesarial relationship between Quint and Hooper behing the camera.

Fry

A couple of months ago I was marking the homework of this kid I am tutoring. One of the exercises was to describe 'your favourite film' by filling in the blanks on this page. I was hoping to get him to try some of the different adjectives we'd been learning. He chose the film Jaws.

What's your favourite character's personality like?
He/She is        hungry                                         .

Still makes me laugh.

yesitsme

We watched it in the summer, we thought the kids would like it as we've both talked about how it scared us, or to be closer to the truth made us both jump when we watched it around the 9/10 mark.

They lost interest fairly quickly.  I think the slow pace, unseen menace isn't really what kids have been fed with yer Buzz Lights and Explodo Men VIII and the likes.  We watched it to the end though and it just about holds up despite obviously being of it's time.  Similar with Alien (Alien movie) and The Thing (Thing Movie) not seeing the 'monster' in the first frame builds the anticipation and when it does finally pop up the reward for the viewer is so much better. Cinematic foreplay innit?

We also watched Pinocchio (Wooden puppet made flesh movie) reently too.  Phew, that could do with a ray gun or two adding.  40 minutes in and Gepetos still in fucking bed.  Gerrup you lazy cunt, nae wunner you've not got a little boy of yer very own.