Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:28:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Comedian (Robert De Niro and Danny DeVito in it)

Started by Noodle Lizard, December 22, 2016, 04:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noodle Lizard

Here's another trailer which is basically a cutdown of the whole first two acts:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLQXUmzXuEo

Robert De Niro as some old-school comedian (a bit Dicey, I suppose), Danny De Vito as someone else.  Judd Apatow's wife, Harvey Keitel.  Directed by the aptly-named Taylor Hackford, Jeff Ross is one of the scriptwriters (presumably to actually write the jokes, judging from the sound of them).

I'd love to see a good film about stand-up.  This won't be it, I reckon.

hewantstolurkatad

Not standup exactly, but Don't Think Twice by Mike Birbiglia was a really good film about improv, I thought.

up_the_hampipe

Robert De Niro seems like the least likeable comedian ever. No warmth, terrible delivery, lazy jokes. Wouldn't go see him.

That dyke joke at the start is shit. Saying the offensive term for someone instead of the politically correct term is going to be in every comedy movie for the next decade.

I'll probably enjoy this film though.

Twed

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on December 22, 2016, 01:24:16 PM
Robert De Niro seems like the least likeable comedian ever. No warmth, terrible delivery, lazy jokes. Wouldn't go see him.\
In Midnight Run he showed to us a lighter acting style, proving he could swear a lot but also make you smile.