Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,787
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:35:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gregg Wallace's Saturday

Started by Viero_Berlotti, February 06, 2024, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oosp

dex

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shoulders on February 11, 2024, 01:51:32 PMThis was my yesterday, minus the coffee.

I ended up in this bad boy before going to The Rum Shack, you'd have loved it.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

Just bought a new pair of glasses and was feeling pretty good about them but I've just discovered that they are basically Gregg's ones. This has made me question my judgement somewhat

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on February 11, 2024, 05:41:49 PMJust bought a new pair of glasses and was feeling pretty good about them but I've just discovered that they are basically Gregg's ones. This has made me question my judgement somewhat

Well you did put "look like Gregg Wallace" on your manifesting board. Be careful what you wish for.

frajer

Quote from: idunnosomename on February 11, 2024, 12:51:32 PM

I know son, I'm gutted too, but it can't be ignored. Local Harvester's closing down and that's that.

But you'll still be out of the house for the 3 hours you're normally there, won't you dad?

I dunno mate... I just dunno.

Fambo Number Mive

Is that a toy monkey holding a deck of cards in the top left hand corner?

shoulders

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 11, 2024, 05:39:04 PMI ended up in this bad boy before going to The Rum Shack, you'd have loved it.

Hmm, where's that?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: shoulders on February 11, 2024, 07:23:17 PMHmm, where's that?

That's The Laurieston.

Massive juxtaposition between inside and out as it looks like a flat roof murder pub. It's one of those ones that was in the bottom of a tenement and they just chopped the roof out, the smoking area is the old stairwell.

This was next to me, took restraint not to pick it up and see if it gave me a dialtone.

shoulders

Ah, of course. I wondered if it was an Edinburgh pub for some reason.

Alberon

Pretty much the worst photoshop I've ever done. Fuck it, post.

Icehaven

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on February 11, 2024, 07:27:03 PMThat's The Laurieston.

Massive juxtaposition between inside and out as it looks like a flat roof murder pub. It's one of those ones that was in the bottom of a tenement and they just chopped the roof out, the smoking area is the old stairwell.

This was next to me, took restraint not to pick it up and see if it gave me a dialtone.

I'm obsessed with this phone now. When's the last time it rang? Come on, check the dialtone!

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: Icehaven on February 11, 2024, 10:45:25 PMI'm obsessed with this phone now. When's the last time it rang? Come on, check the dialtone!

Does that still work?

Icehaven

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on February 12, 2024, 10:02:51 AM1471

Does that still work?

Dunno, haven't had a functioning landline in over a decade.

Mr_Simnock

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 11, 2024, 07:02:58 PMIs that a toy monkey holding a deck of cards in the top left hand corner?

It's his real son, the one sat with him is an actor.

frajer

Another gem from Popbitch:

Quote>> NastyChef <<
Gregg's adventurous palate

If you enjoyed last week's Gregg Wallace anecdote, here's another of even headier vintage.

During the filming of an episode of MasterChef, the judges were presented with the contestants' dishes to taste as usual, but John Torode found himself quite flummoxed by one plate.

"I can't quite put my finger on what this dish reminds me of..." he said, ponderously.

"I can!" Gregg gleefully interjected. "It's me aunt's cunt!"

Even though the production team and contestants were well used to Gregg's brand of humour, this particular bon mot managed to stun the entire room into silence. Again, it failed to make the edit.

Kankurette

How does the dirty old bollocks know what his aunt's cunt looks like?

jobotic

Tastes like, surely?

Anyway, the dish in question was Aunt's Cunt Pie

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: frajer on February 15, 2024, 07:40:44 PMAnother gem from Popbitch:

Also
QuoteMichel Roux Jr says that, presented with a dish he particularly enjoys, Gregg Wallace is wont to exclaim: "I could take that home and shag it."

Butchers Blind

Quote from: jobotic on February 15, 2024, 08:53:16 PMTastes like, surely?

Anyway, the dish in question was Aunt's Cunt Pie

Aunt's Cunt Pie comes from a Victorian recipie when 'cunt' was the traditional name for fish.