Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

US Police Anti-Oak Agenda

Started by Poobum, February 15, 2024, 01:57:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

QuoteA Florida deputy has resigned after mistaking the sound of a falling acorn on his car for a gunshot, prompting him to open fire at an unarmed suspect.

Deputy of what? Deputy head, I bet.

JesusAndYourBush

What do you expect, with a nation of gun shaggers.

Psybro

Alright buddy, let's see what happens when acorns start falling on your car and there's nobody there to protect you and your family.

Alberon

The most shocking thing about all this is that he resigned after the fuck up. Normally they just shrug it off and carry on as normal.

idunnosomename

Who will give me my bulbasaur now

PlanktonSideburns

All those guns, utterly terrified. More needs to be made of how they're all mincing about like hysterical children in a haunted house in a theme park

If he had had a giant acorn in the car with him this would have never happened etc

bgmnts

Do they actually train these cunts at all or do they just hand them a gun and a badge and chuck 'em on the street?

Butchers Blind

Tough on acorns, tough on the causes of acorns.

Psybro

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 15, 2024, 02:17:06 PMAll those guns, utterly terrified. More needs to be made of how they're all mincing about like hysterical children in a haunted house in a theme park

Fash Ghost Hunters

Alberon

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on February 15, 2024, 02:17:06 PMAll those guns, utterly terrified. More needs to be made of how they're all mincing about like hysterical children in a haunted house in a theme park

You see this a lot in videos where innocent members of the public get shot. The law enforcement officer often sounds absolutely fucking terrified.

Not justifying it at all, but I suppose they could, at any moment, find themselves totally outgunned. Training, or the lack of it, might very well be an issue, but the biggest problem here, obviously, is America and its gun laws.

Russ L

The only way to stop a bad acorn with a gun is a good acorn with a gun.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Something witty about Officer Jenny being in love with Ash's mom, haha remember Pokémon

BlodwynPig

Okaloosa County : there was an oak a loose in the county.

...anyone?

The above rascal has been going round dinking paddywagons just to see them unload a full clip into the back of the swarthiest citizen in range.

Captain Z

Pleased to hear that the gun has been fired too.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Average Comedy Enjoyer on February 15, 2024, 03:00:08 PM

The above rascal has been going round dinking paddywagons just to see them unload a full clip into the back of the swarthiest citizen in range.

You jest, but imagine that running to the logical conclusion.  Pranksters collect acorns and throw them at cop car roofs. The cop unloads a full clip into the nearest, as you say, swarthiest citizen. Repeat a few hundred times across the nation. An enquiry, court hearings etc... Finally looking like they might get a handle on gun control. But no, the court rules that acorns will be banned.  All across America the smell of burning oak trees!

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: Alberon on February 15, 2024, 02:26:29 PMYou see this a lot in videos where innocent members of the public get shot. The law enforcement officer often sounds absolutely fucking terrified.

Not justifying it at all, but I suppose they could, at any moment, find themselves totally outgunned. Training, or the lack of it, might very well be an issue, but the biggest problem here, obviously, is America and its gun laws.

I think the training, for it to mean anything at all, would have to include a total acceptance that they might die in the line of duty. Anything short of this impossible requirement will leave a human scrabbling for their lives like a cornered squirrel. It all falls away in the face of being deleted in an utterly futile fashion

Kankurette

Hey, at least they're not shooting black people for once.

Endicott

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on February 15, 2024, 02:17:18 PMA longer video on this page...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2024/02/14/acorn-florida-police-shoot-unarmed/

Paywalled and I can't access the vid on the archive but it's an interesting read. The man in the back seat was lucky not to be hit.
https://archive.ph/Onvxq

Buelligan

Sarah Marshall put it best when she described the energy when talking to US Cops as being like telling your recently divorced dad that someone scratched his car.

Blumf

...is a good guy with a pine cone

druss

Good to see his Dark Souls dodge roll training didn't go to waste.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Blumf on February 15, 2024, 04:50:56 PM...is a good guy with a pine cone

Imagine a series of a dozen acorns plopping onto his car roof followed by a pinecone.  Bloke would think he was back in 'Nam!

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: druss on February 15, 2024, 06:20:10 PMGood to see his Dark Souls dodge roll training didn't go to waste.

shame about his ceaseless discharge