Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,797
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 04:35:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Vote in the first annual Tumbleweed Awards, win a Nathan Barley DVD, and download a fabbo GLR Show

Started by Neil, November 14, 2005, 10:37:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alan strang

Quote from: "Anonymous"how many awards do you think Ricky will win?

Probably too early to speculate.

slim

Quote from: "annebel"he probably just rolled his eyes and thought oh dear they're not actually as intelligent as I thought, I think I might be wasting my time after all
Oh for Gawd's sake. Thanks for insulting us readers by proxy.

I challenged JLBB because I wanted some kind of basis for his thoughts, which, although they initially read as impressive, soon became the kind of pseudo-intellectual guff you'd hear on something like Newsnight Review.

Janek's Little Black Box

Quote from: "slim"I challenged JLBB because I wanted some kind of basis for his thoughts, which, although they initially read as impressive, soon became the kind of pseudo-intellectual guff you'd hear on something like Newsnight Review.
Can't say fairer than that, and to think that was the kind of thing I was trying to have a go at! Although I would add that I did actually say that I had no direct evidence for what I wrote, and it was more a feeling I got about the situation. I think such things should be allowed to be expressed. It isn't always necessary for things to be debated either, and it's not always possible, escpecially since in this case I had no evidence to back up what I was saying beyond an analysis of their writing. It was all suspicion and conjecture and there is no evidence for any of it. That I would like to make very clear - it isn't the case that I won't give evidence to back up what I say, it's that I can't. Pretty useless in a debate, but what I wanted from posting on here wasn't a debate but an oppurtunity to say some things I believed to be the case, and I still believe all of what I wrote to be the case even though I could have expressed it more eloquently and there is no evidence for it. As I have said before, I am grateful for the oppurtunity to do this and appreciate your taking the time to read it.

Incidentally, alan, what have you suddenly got against Richard Krajicek?

Anonymous

Quote from: "slim"
Quote from: "annebel"he probably just rolled his eyes and thought oh dear they're not actually as intelligent as I thought, I think I might be wasting my time after all
Oh for Gawd's sake. Thanks for insulting us readers by proxy.

I challenged JLBB because I wanted some kind of basis for his thoughts, which, although they initially read as impressive, soon became the kind of pseudo-intellectual guff you'd hear on something like Newsnight Review.
but you haven't given any reasons for that just said you think its rubbish and unfair etc...

Anonymous

Quote from: "alan strang"
Quote from: "Anonymous"how many awards do you think Ricky will win?

Quote(picture)

Probably too early to speculate.

Is that supposed to be a Tumbleweed on the award ? It looks more like a bog brush.

Anonymous

ffogems

QuoteYeah the 'Bog Brush' awards certainly does have a ring to it

You are Ricky Gervais and I claim my 'tumblie' for 'Use of Most Tedious Joke Ever'.

Or is Gervais up for that one as well?

Anonymous

They shouldn't actually be bits of Tumbleweed but representative of the nature of the award. For example, the Jonothan Ross Award should be a rather unconvincing papier mache statue of Barry Norman made out of shreds of the Daily Mirror and loosley held together with Stephen Fry's and Ricky Gervais' tatty water.

slim

Quote from: "Janek's Little Black Box"Although I would add that I did actually say that I had no direct evidence for what I wrote, and it was more a feeling I got about the situation.
Oh, I know that. Sorry; the retort wasn't meant to be going over old ground with you, I was just clarifying with annebel.

Janek's Little Black Box

Quote from: "slim"
Quote from: "Janek's Little Black Box"Although I would add that I did actually say that I had no direct evidence for what I wrote, and it was more a feeling I got about the situation.
Oh, I know that. Sorry; the retort wasn't meant to be going over old ground with you, I was just clarifying with annebel.
Nice one.

joeeeeeeee

Am I breaking some kind of unwritten rule by
asking when all us poor guests will be
able to register? couple of others
have already asked. does it make
everyone really angry or something and so they just ifnore it?
Do you have to pay or what? If so I apologise but I'd really
like to talk about something else apart from Nathan
Barley or the tumblies. If you're not taking
regs anymore then that seems a bit upstairs downstairs members only club to me a bit upsetting:(

ffogems

Anonymous

Quote from: "ffogems"You can have my account.

My password is - 'Gullible'
I see.

joeeeeeeee

Quote from: "ffogems"You can have my account.

My password is - 'Gullible'
was there really any need for that? i only asked.

joeeeeeeee

Quote from: "ffogems"Apologees.
ok, so that's it then? sarky gag then sarky apology. i really can't remember why i wanted to join in the frst place.

Gypsum Fantastic

What are you people talking about? The 'Register' link is up at the top there.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gypsum Fantastic"What are you people talking about? The 'Register' link is up at the top there.
Don't work, mate.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Quote from: "Gypsum Fantastic"What are you people talking about? The 'Register' link is up at the top there.
Don't work, mate.
unless that was sarcastic as well...

ffogems

Hang on, I've come to the front door to chat to you while you wait to be let in.
And it wasn't a sarky apology, it was a sincere one...

A sincerely sarky one!!!
ha ha hahahaha Blubllbubububblbububub WWEEEEhhheeee etc.

No, genuine apologees for my insipid and futile gag.
Brrrrrr, it's cold out here! I'm going back inside now.

Anonymous

Quote from: "ffogems"Hang on, I've come to the front door to chat to you while you wait to be let in.
And it wasn't a sarky apology, it was a sincere one...

A sincerely sarky one!!!
ha ha hahahaha Blubllbubububblbububub WWEEEEhhheeee etc.

No, genuine apologees for my insipid and futile gag.
Brrrrrr, it's cold out here! I'm going back inside now.
Thanks a bunch. You've been about as useful as a computer screen with a load of old bollocks written on it.

Anonymous

weekender

Quote from: "Anonymous"err...have you read this site at all? Why would you want to join exactly?

If you're a guest, then you wouldn't be able to read the site either, would you?  So how come you appear to have a condescending tone towards the site if you can't read it?

A Passing Turk Slipper

Quote from: "Anonymous"err...have you read this site at all? Why would you want to join exactly?
Well maybe they hated Nathan Barley, and wants somewhere to talk about how shit it was all day. It's the only thing us CaBers do you know. What bits have you read of the site then? The bit where Neil is giving out free DVDs? The in depth episode guides of every Morris show? The article database? The numerous free downloads of great comedy? Jeez, what kind of cunt runs this site?