Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New round of jabs [split topic]

Started by Blue Jam, October 06, 2022, 04:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Jam

Werk are doing a walk-in clinic so I just went and had jab #4. Moderna SPIKEVAX™ 2.0, with two different mRNA sequences, one for the original 'vid, one for Omicron. Should keep my ribosomes busy. Had my flu jab on top of that so I expect to sleep very well tonight.

Got Moderna Arm again. Beats Covid Toes I guess.

Ferris

Quote from: Blue Jam on October 06, 2022, 04:16:05 PMWerk are doing a walk-in clinic so I just went and had jab #4. Moderna SPIKEVAX™ 2.0, with two different mRNA sequences, one for the original 'vid, one for Omicron. Should keep my ribosomes busy. Had my flu jab on top of that so I expect to sleep very well tonight.

Got Moderna Arm again. Beats Covid Toes I guess.

I got that one last week. Goes down very smooth!

olliebean

Still only over 65s for the autumn booster, according to the NHS website. Also I see free flu shots are only for the over 65s now, although it says they'll be offered to the over 50s from "mid October," so maybe that's when over 50s will be able to get the Covid booster as well.

Alberon

Mrs Alberon got her booster this week despite being in her forties because she's diabetic.

I'm in my early fifties so should get my call up fairly soon.

purlieu

Anyone over 50 can book one through the NHS website.

GoblinAhFuckScary

4th jab coming up next week baby! stick it in me daddy nhs

Small Man Big Horse

Had my fourth two weeks ago and went to see Mrs Harris Goes To Paris straight afterwards, so it clearly does cause temporary insanity.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on October 14, 2022, 12:32:32 PMHad my fourth two weeks ago and went to see Mrs Harris Goes To Paris straight afterwards, so it clearly does cause temporary insanity.

mrs jab got grabbd

Kankurette

Already had one and it fucked my arm, but at least it's done.

Ferris

GoblinAhFuckScary

Bently Sheds

I got a text today offering the jab but, according to the Google Maps link they sent, the vaccination centre is a post box.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Bently Sheds on October 14, 2022, 06:25:06 PMI got a text today offering the jab but, according to the Google Maps link they sent, the vaccination centre is a post box.

yeah just reach in and get jabbed don't be a pussy

Ferris

I have a cold/cough/headache/flu/temperature combo and if it's covid I'm gonna be furious. Pack of Moderna cunts sold me down the river.

olliebean

Quote from: purlieu on October 14, 2022, 11:32:18 AMAnyone over 50 can book one through the NHS website.

No free flu jabs for under-65s yet, though. I guess I won't be getting them together this time.

Barry Admin

Got my jab today in one arm, and a flu jab in the other. The doctors set the whole thing up, invited loads of people down, and I was in and out in seconds. Very good.

Then I was asked after what type it was, and I thought, fuck me, I dunno. Never thought about it anymore, whereas in the height of the pandemic I was really pissed of at being given one type and not the other.

earl_sleek

Had my covid booster and flu jab week before last. I'm 38, but am diabetic, on immunosuppresants and am a front line health & social care worker so qualify in pretty much every other way.

The covid booster was my 4th covid jab and the first one to give me any side effects - nothing really bad, just a sore shoulder & swollen lymph node near that shoulder for a few days, maybe a bit of tiredness as well.

Ferris

Tested negative for covid so that's good.

I'm also up to 4 jabs (2x main ones and 2x booster) plus I had covid and recovered pretty well so that's about as good as it gets I hope.

Alberon

Colleague of mine is up to six covid jabs now due to having a liver transplant when she was a toddler.

Can anyone beat that?

olliebean

Quote from: Barry Admin on October 16, 2022, 12:05:24 AMGot my jab today in one arm, and a flu jab in the other. The doctors set the whole thing up, invited loads of people down, and I was in and out in seconds. Very good.

Then I was asked after what type of for, and I thought, fuck me, I dunno. Never thought about it anymore, whereas in the height of the pandemic I was really pissed of at being given one type and not the other.

I thought everyone was getting the bivalent one this time. Is there still any point in getting the older ones?

purlieu

Have they bought more of those? Certainly when the boosters were first announced it was revealed that only some of them would be the new jab, with a lot of the original still going around. Which are, as you say, utterly pointless now.

Ferris

My understanding is the bivalent one is more likely to stop you getting it in the first place, but either jab will stop you getting a severe case overall.

Dr Rock

Do they text you? I'm over fifty if that's relevant.

pigamus

Booster yesterday. Said it was supposed to be 4th but I've only had two. Bit baffled how I've managed to miss one.

olliebean

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 17, 2022, 03:49:33 AMDo they text you? I'm over fifty if that's relevant.

Depends on your GP, I think. Mine texted me for the first two jabs, but not for the first booster, and probably won't for this one either.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: Dr Rock on October 17, 2022, 03:49:33 AMDo they text you? I'm over fifty if that's relevant.
I got a text, if that's any help.

Blue Jam

I got a text and then a few days later I got a letter in a blue envelope with the same info. The appointment was about a month away so I decided to go to the drop-in clinic at werk to get my jabs sooner. I'm under 50 so I assume I got sent an appointment letter cause of my asthma, and the drop-in clinic was for NHS and university staff because we werk on a campus with a hospital full of vulnerable people.

In Scotland you can also look up your vaccination record online, don't know about the rest of the UK though.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Ferris on October 17, 2022, 01:43:03 AMMy understanding is the bivalent one is more likely to stop you getting it in the first place, but either jab will stop you getting a severe case overall.

The bivalent one contains two mRNA sequences, one from the original strain and one from Omicron. Think they're for the two slightly different spike proteins.

Ant Farm Keyboard

I would have taken the fax that weekend, but I've just been tested positive. First timer. I'm slightly worried, as the doctor refused to tell me is I was in better shape than the British government.

Bently Sheds

Booked my jab at the local post box for next month. My doctor's surgery sent me a link to book a flu jab on their website, funnily enough, there are no slots free in the six months listed on there...