Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:00:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CM Spotted

Started by gilbertharding, August 02, 2023, 10:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

I was bicycling up Whitehall towards Trafalgar Square yesterday afternoon. Stopped at a red light, and who's that on the bike on my right? Chris Morris, studiously - intensely - ignoring me (and who can blame him?) casually trying to catch his eye.

Good job he did ignore me, because if he hadn't I would just have grinned, thumb aloft and said something like "Cookdandbombd, right?" or worse - "Ah-haaaaah!" or perhaps "shit your leg off."

What would you shout at Chris Morris if you saw him out on his bicycle in central London?

jobotic

Dunno but I'm glad you're cycling. Thought after your accident a few years back you weren't keen. And in London!

gilbertharding

I only use the bike now for occasional commuting (although I did London to Brighton last year).

I kid myself it's safer than what I used to do (pretending to be the Halfords Greg Lemond) because I'm not going as fast, and can therefore stop more easily. Plus I'm mainly on cyclepaths - even in London. Plus, it means I don't have to use the tube which was the main reason for getting the new bike a few years ago.

Chris Morris was riding a drop-handlebar tourer (didn't clock the make) with a pannier on the back. Wearing an unseasonable high-viz jacket, shorts and baseball sneakers. I beat him away from the lights (Brompton 6 speed) and lost him when I think he went straight on at Trafalgar Sq and I turned down Northumberland Av.

BlodwynPig

I'm eating a sumptuous steak with Chris right now, discussing his next satire.

gilbertharding

Tell him I would definitely only nodded and given him the thumbs up if he'd happened to look to his left.

lauraxsynthesis

I think I saw him on a bike about 20 years ago in Brixton. Or it was me on my bike. Or both of us. I tried not to stare while admiring his cargo shorts.

Also had him and Kevin Eldon standing nearby when I took part in a die-in protest on Westminster Bridge about 13 years ago.

shoulders

I'd tell him every year that goes past without a new creation going live nets me a cool £5,500 at Ladbrokes the bookies.

Shaky

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on August 05, 2023, 04:43:56 PMI think I saw him on a bike about 20 years ago in Brixton. Or it was me on my bike. Or both of us. I tried not to stare while admiring his cargo shorts.

Also had him and Kevin Eldon standing nearby when I took part in a die-in protest on Westminster Bridge about 13 years ago.

What have you all got against bridges?

Thomas

I once spoke to Chris when I worked at a call centre. It was a outbound sales call.

I didn't mention my love for his work because he might ask to speak to my manager, and it was a shit job that I desperately needed for money. If it was my last day I might have pushed the boat out and asked for Dan Ashcroft.

Mister Six

Blimey. Of all the people to cold-call, Morris seems like probably the worst. Whip-smart and no time for nonsense (or so I'd imagine). What was he like?

Thomas

I asked 'is this Mr. Morris?' and he gave a cheery 'sure!'

Then I asked if he wanted to hear about the product, and he signed off with 'I don't think I do, thanks!'

My own polite little interactive Blue Jam sketch. Blue Jamdersnatch.

Captain Z

Did you know for certain, or just wonder if it was that Chris Morris before calling?

Thomas

shoulders

My celeb telephone conversations have been Beverley Knight and Shola Ameobi. Both were about arranging physical sex with me.

flotemysost

I've seen him a few times around South London over the years. He was at an XR meeting I went to a few years ago and I couldn't help instinctively thinking "ooh I wonder what new project he's researching, something about climate change would be interesting" then reprimanding myself that the poor bloke's allowed to have interests and a life.

Also when I worked for an estate agent we had a landlord on our system called Christopher Morris but I assumed it probably wasn't him.

non capisco

I used to spot him and his selections of retina melting shirt and shorts combos regularly when I worked in Soho. The first instance was around the time of the Brass Eye Special and attendant whipped up tabloid faux-disgust hoo-hah. He strode into that newsagent in Berwick Street across from the Blue Post pub and his entrance coincided exactly and perfectly with a power cut, which definitely added to his 'dark and twisted prince of comedy' aura.

benjitz

Heavy electricity, probably

Mr Trumpet

I lived in Brixton for a little while, spotted Morris a few times. One time driving slowly down a side street, spraying window washer and laughing gleefully.

A friend of a friend owns a hipster-y restaurant in Peckham, and for a while Morris' son worked there as a waiter. Apparently his dad came in once for a meal, and after he'd left the comments among the staff were all "X's dad was really nice", and it turned out the owner was the only one who actually knew who he was.