Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Super Sounds of Mr Ennio Morricone!

Started by Dr Rock, March 22, 2024, 11:33:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

I'm not an expert on his entire oovra, but I'm sure between us we can have some fun recommending tracks and soundtracks alike, or exchanging tidbits of information about the talented dead Italian fella.

Like many, I first heard him on them brilliant spaghetti westerns, which, quite frankly, would be putrid crap without his input.

But there's so much more! Once Upon A Time In The West! Once Upon A Time In America! Compilations of his funkier soundtracks stuff are

Morricone Groove The Kaleidoscope Sound of Ennio Morricone & three volumes of Mondo Morricone

I'm collected various soundtracks, like Danger: Diabolik, Giu la Testa, and La Stagione Dei Sensi, this is from the latter

Ok, over to you connoisseurs and collectors of cool and classic composers!

Kankurette

Yes! I was thinking of making a Morricone thread but you beat me to it. Here's one of my favourites, although I found it through Kill Bill and not The Mercenary.

Neomod

Probably my favourite soundtrack composer and there's so much to explore with his 60's Italian output.

No slacker either with approximately 470 soundtracks to his name.

A few of my favourites:

Malena

Presentimento

Metti una sera a cena

L'Orca

Ninna nanna per adulti

and finally, my ma loved the Cinema Paradiso soundtrack and so this was played at her funeral.

Childhood and Manhood

Stonking bit of Morricone here:

Nice Jazzanova remix of a Morricone cover

Dirty Boy

Off the top of my head:

There's really so, so many. The guy was called the maestro for a reason.

Kankurette

jobotic

^ yeah, wonderful

A perfect pop song (almost. I wish the dun dun dun dun dun duns at the end went on longer before it faded out)

Probably about the tenth time I've posted this

Agent Dunham

Quote from: Dirty Boy on March 22, 2024, 09:38:06 PM

My single favourite piece above all the other great music he made. Would fit easily alongside Charles Mingus' "Let My Children Hear Music".

The Crime & Dissonance compilation was curated by Alan Bishop of Sun City Girls.

Kankurette

I was on a Morricone binge last night and it made me cry at some points. Amazing how many musicians he's influenced as well.

dontpaintyourteeth

I am loving this thread on the cookd and bombd forum

Fisher Goes Berserk

I listen to this when I want to cry

And I listen to this when I want to stop crying

fuzzyste

Quote from: Dr Rock on March 22, 2024, 11:33:22 AMI'm not an expert on his entire oovra, but I'm sure between us we can have some fun recommending tracks and soundtracks alike, or exchanging tidbits of information about the talented dead Italian fella.

Like many, I first heard him on them brilliant spaghetti westerns, which, quite frankly, would be putrid crap without his input.

But there's so much more! Once Upon A Time In The West! Once Upon A Time In America! Compilations of his funkier soundtracks stuff are

Morricone Groove The Kaleidoscope Sound of Ennio Morricone & three volumes of Mondo Morricone

I'm collected various soundtracks, like Danger: Diabolik, Giu la Testa, and La Stagione Dei Sensi, this is from the latter

Quote from: Dr Rock on March 22, 2024, 11:33:22 AMI'm not an expert on his entire oovra, but I'm sure between us we can have some fun recommending tracks and soundtracks alike, or exchanging tidbits of information about the talented dead Italian fella.

This track used to be on the playlist of a fancy retail shop I worked in about 15 years ago, absolutely love it still. There was another Morricone one on there too which was similar but it had male harmonies instead of female...I shazamd it at the time but since lost it, its been my musical white whale for some time now...so any help would be appreciated with this

Dr Rock

Quote from: fuzzyste on March 25, 2024, 06:44:11 PMThis track used to be on the playlist of a fancy retail shop I worked in about 15 years ago, absolutely love it still. There was another Morricone one on there too which was similar but it had male harmonies instead of female...I shazamd it at the time but since lost it, its been my musical white whale for some time now...so any help would be appreciated with this

It's possibly on one of Mondo Morricone volumes. Well worth getting them even if your whale isn't on there. But tell us when you find it.

Dr Rock

Try this

0:00:02 · Matto, Caldo, Soldo, Morto, Girotondo (Vergogna Schifosi; 1969)
0:04:14 · Laboriosamente / E' Facile / Imparare A Conoscere (L'Assoluto Naturale; 1969)
0:12:15 · Amare Assolutamente / Sembravi Desiderare (L'Assoluto Naturale)
0:16:29 · Un Bacio / Alla Serenita (La Donna Invisibile; 1969)
0:22:22 · Sauna (Metti, Una Sera A Cena; 1969)
0:27:12 · Suoni Per Un Clavicembalo (Cuore Di Mamma; 1968)
0:28:25 · Excuse me, Let's Make Love / Knowing The Ins & Outs (Scusi, Facciamo L'Amore; 1968)

0:31:32 · Lay Down, I Think I Love You (Scusi, Facciamo L'Amore)
0:35:14 · Gocce Di Pioggia  / La Cosa Buffa (La Cosa Buffa)
0:40:45 · La Donna Della Domenica (La Donna Della Domenica; 1975)
0:45:12 · La Sera, La Notte, Il Giorno (La Cugina; 1974)
0:49:15 · Anche Un Quartetto Per Lei (Cosa Avete Fatto A Solange?; 1972)
0:50:06 · De Copalamo (La Cugina)
0:52:47 · In Un Sogno Il Sogno (La Donna Invisibile)

0:56:03 · Reprise Di Sembravi Desiderare (L'Assoluto Naturale)
0:58:38 · Ti Prego Amami (Metti, Una Sera A Cena)
0:59:34 · La Lucertola (Una Lucertola Con La Pelle Di Donna; 1971)
1:04:58 · Metti, Una Sera A Cena (Metti, Una Sera A Cena)
1:08:24 · Ritratto D'Autore (La Donna Invisibile)
1:13:31 · Reprise (Metti, Una Sera A Cena)

Dirty Boy

Can we keep this going? There's so much Morricone and only a small amount of it is cack. The guy had a hit rate that was absurd.

Kankurette

Morricone could have made even The Room tolerable with that amount of quality.