Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:33:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Better Call Saul - the sixth (and final) season

Started by Blue Jam, February 24, 2021, 12:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greencalx

I am a Mac person, but even I draw the line at shelling out for a box to provide functionality that the TV could support.

Ant Farm Keyboard

There's an Apple TV app for Android/Google TV, and it works on the Chromecast. The only missing bits are that you can't buy, rent or subscribe directly from the Chromecast, you need to be logged on an Apple device (to prevent Apple from paying a commission to Google).

The app is also ported on PlayStation and Xbox.

greencalx

Ah, I always forget that we have a computer connected to the TV, in the form of a PlayStation. (It plays DVDs and BluRays too, so is single-handedly responsible for a large amount of box-reduction in the living room.)  Nice one!

Blue Jam

My Xbox has been a godsend for streaming services that have crap smart TV apps.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The only problem with the Netflix app on consoles is that if you've got an HDR telly it forces HDR on everything, regardless of whether the video is in HDR or SDR. Netflix claim that's the only way they can program the app, which is clearly bullshine, because Amazon/Disney/Apple etc don't have this problem.

Dex Sawash

Blue Jam

Neville Chamberlain

Popped into a cafe round the corner from my flat in Berlin on Saturday and Rainer Bock, who played Werner Ziegler, was in there. Obviously, he's a famous actor here in Germany for all sorts of roles (one of those actors who seems to be in literally everything). Though he was sitting on his own, drinking coffee and reading through a pile of papers, it became clear that the young fellow working behind the counter was his son (a quick Google confirmed this!)...

Zero Gravitas

This is a thread for the AMC series "Better Call Saul", not the Homeland episode "Better Call Saul", easily confused though.