Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:40:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Rescued baby hedgehog turns out to be hat bobble.

Started by Glebe, March 27, 2024, 05:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glebe

Rescued baby hedgehog turns out to be hat bobble.

QuoteThe pom-pom, initially thought to be a hoglet, is said to have come from a bobble hat

A wildlife rescue that took in what was thought was a baby hedgehog found it was actually caring for a bobble from a hat.

It was brought to the Lower Moss Nature Reserve and Wildlife Hospital by a well-meaning rescuer last week.

On arrival they discovered the hoglet was in fact a "faux furry friend", a volunteer for the animal charity said.

"Our hearts melted", the volunteer at the rescue, based in Knutsford, Cheshire, added.

The rescue posted on social media a photo of the decorative ball, showing it nestled in a box beside a bowl of food.

"This adorable 'hoglet' still got all the love, complete with some cosy TLC", the charity tweeted.

"Sometimes, even the most heart-warming stories start with a hilarious twist!"

The charity, which offers educational trips for schools and other groups, looks after about 2,000 injured animals each year.

YES.

dontpaintyourteeth

Underturd

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

feels like a stealth ad for Specsavers

try and deny you don't hear it

Butchers Blind

madhair60

i could have found this out in one second by jumping on it

Captain Z

I was going to say, I'm sure I would have realised what it was after just one kick.

baptist

Did they mean "bobble hat"?. Hat bobbles are most definitely not a fucking thing.

Glebe

Video Game Fan 2000

Dex Sawash

I've probably had worse ideas but not sure when

Brian Freeze

Last year I spent quite a while stalking a barn owl on a fence post to get a decent photo for the wildlife thread.

It was a pale bobble hat that had been dropped and helpfully picked up by someone and put where it could be spotted.

They're taking the piss out of us (me) aren't they?

Icehaven

They should be more concerned that someone's walking around with a baby hedgehog sewn to the top of their hat.

Trying to imagine a scenario in which someone would find this and not twig within seconds that it wasn't actually a hedgehog, let alone get it into a box or blanket to take to the rescue without thinking "hang on, shouldn't a hedgehog have a face, legs and all the other assorted meaty bits that make it work?" Even the thickest toddler understands there's more to an animal than fur.

I declare this story: MADE UP FOR PUBLICITY

dissolute ocelot

The Guardian published this helpful composite image. One has prickles, the other has very fine strands of acrylic/polyester blend, ffs.

Is there a snake sanctuary in England that's going to claim someone brought in a hose?

idunnosomename

Cared for a 4 foot 8 snake that had been abused with a rake before discovering it was just a boy's severed penis

markburgle

Sometimes I think I'll turn out to be a hat bobble

famethrowa

if there's a bobble on your hedgehog
don't be alarmed, dog

Glebe