Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:00:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

More info about GB News shows.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, March 10, 2021, 06:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

From Amon Rajan interviewing Andrew Neil.
https://twitter.com/amolrajan/status/1369677163583135744
QuoteSpoke to @afneil
for well over an hour on Monday. Long version available tomorrow via #THEMEDIASHOW podcast. In an excerpt for our live show 16.30 @BBCRadio4
  he reveals:

• @GBNEWS HQ is in Paddington
  • Format of his show includes monologue, Wokewatch and Mediawatch
  • Loads more
The longer version is dripping with insight and revelation, including his relationship with Murdoch; the real reason he left the @bbc; where he draws the line on free speech at @spectator, not least for Taki. And a heck of a lot more spicy stuff that i'll tell you about tmrw.

Wokewatch ffs.

JamesTC

Can't wait for this to be an unmitigated failure.

Cuellar

Gosh can't wait to hear more of the spicy conversation with Andrew Fucking Neil

imitationleather

"Now back, live, to Shropshire where a Union Jack was reported missing from it's designated flagpole at council head office - now we don't know for certain that this was yet another attack on British values by rogue elements of the intolerant, woke left but it seems reasonable to surmise..."

pigamus

Quote from: JamesTC on March 10, 2021, 07:03:30 PM

I hope you're right

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

ah yes this sounds like unbiased journalism accompanied by edifying, well-researched opinion pieces

bgmnts

Is this just going to be Noel's HQ but for gammons?

hamfist

I heard a bit of the interview.

Neil was banging on about voices from the North being given a place to be expressed, to steer away from the metropolitan dominated media.

He was then asked where the channel will be headquartered.

"Paddington"

facepalm dot gif

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: bgmnts on March 10, 2021, 07:18:40 PM

I hope they bring out the gunge tank for the 'woke' enemy of the week!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: hamfist on March 10, 2021, 07:21:49 PM
I heard a bit of the interview.

Neil was banging on about voices from the North being given a place to be expressed, to steer away from the metropolitan dominated media.

Reading between the lines, this means they've given Darren Grimes (boss' son/work experience kid version of PJW) the teaboy job.

flotemysost

Love how these thick cunts are now using "woke", a term that originated in Black American vernacular from discourse on racism and social inequality, as if it's part of their own hateful vocabulary - a slightly more racist synonym for "PC".

If there's a weather forecast segment I will be highly disappointed if it doesn't incorporate "snowflake" into the name.

bigfatheart

Surely a Mediawatch segment will just show up how little of the media is even remotely left-wing? They'll struggle to get more than five or ten minutes a day.

Or, more likely, it'll be heavyweight 'there's a recipe for avocado on toast in the Guardian!' stuff.

Butchers Blind

"We've been outside this Homebase for an hour now and we've not seen one person buy a can of white paint".

idunnosomename

be nice if Andrew Neil would just die really. bet he won't though

idunnosomename

i always feel obliged to point out that Amol is the lib demmy centrist that Peter Obourne pulled the client journalism banger on in December 2019

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 10, 2021, 08:15:49 PM
be nice if Andrew Neil would just die really. bet he won't though
could we give him a job owning Ben Shapiro over and over

dissolute ocelot

Like everyone, hoping this fails. Do people really want to see Neil's sweaty red face as he rants away? On the BBC, his redeeming value was that he was a reasonable political interviewer compared to some of the sycophants and half-wits (that and the fact that he was somewhat restrained by the BBC from getting foam on the camera), but it sounds like he'll ditch the interviews and reporting in favour of saliva-lubed invective. Does anybody, even the reddest gammon, want to hear him ranting about gay kids TV presenters and participation medals? (Other bigots are just better at it, more voice of the people, even occasionally funny.)

Plus everybody is going to be complaining to Ofcom all the time, it will drive him crazy.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 10, 2021, 08:36:09 PM
could we give him a job owning Ben Shapiro over and over
what about him being owned by those two ten-year-old girls over and over instead

JamesTC

Why does anybody think a channel aimed at people who don't like change will convince a group of people who don't like change to change the channel?

They watch BBC One and ITV1. Maybe Channel 4 when the Bake Off is on but they aren't happy about it. They don't even know there are more than four fucking channels.

dothestrand

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 10, 2021, 08:17:38 PM
i always feel obliged to point out that Amol is the lib demmy centrist that Peter Obourne pulled the client journalism banger on in December 2019

That was a terrific and brutal dissection of the profession, but particularly of Rajan himself, the odious creep. No Lib Dem though, wasn't he so far up George Osborne's arse that it was practically a Human Centipede situation?

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 10, 2021, 10:35:09 PM
what about him being owned by those two ten-year-old girls over and over instead
why not both?

Midas

Tried to think of something funny to write but this is all so fucking bleak.

Leo2112

Good idea really.  Starve it of the attention.

touchingcloth

Mr Banlon

Quote from: bgmnts on March 10, 2021, 07:18:40 PM
Triggered ? Happy ! TV
Fucking hell their corporate logo is piss poor.
They've got a Covid-captive audience for the time being. Once things are back to near normal, people are probably fuck the news right off, especially if that 'news' is just angry, offal-faced curmudgeons shit-stirring.

pigamus

Quote from: JamesTC on March 10, 2021, 10:42:46 PM
Why does anybody think a channel aimed at people who don't like change will convince a group of people who don't like change to change the channel?

They watch BBC One and ITV1. Maybe Channel 4 when the Bake Off is on but they aren't happy about it. They don't even know there are more than four fucking channels.

Sounds a bit complacent to be honest.

Fry

Whether this shit will live or die is entirely reliant on social media. There needs too be some kind of discipline amongst people to not share videos and images, even if you think you have a great "dunk". Don't play their fucking game.

This will never happen though, if you're the lucky person a well timed retweet or take is an easy 100k likes. When you've got some fucking shit book to shill that's pretty enticing.

NoSleep

Quote from: JamesTC on March 10, 2021, 07:03:30 PM

It doesn't have to succeed by surviving. Just like UKIP succeeded by pushing the Tories further to the right.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Fry on March 11, 2021, 06:31:07 AM
Whether this shit will live or die is entirely reliant on social media. There needs too be some kind of discipline amongst people to not share videos and images, even if you think you have a great "dunk". Don't play their fucking game.

Are you sure about that? If you look at the latest Markle stuff across different ages, it seems to paint a picture of people divided by ages groups, and we know different groups consume news from different places these days with older generations still using news/tv/print and others going online.

Based on this stuff being owned by the media old-guard and whom they're targetting, I think it's going to be more reliant on poaching older reactionary viewers from existing media rather than relying on social media.

Not that not sharing it isn't a bad idea, I just think it's life or death will necessarily depend upon it.