Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Manor Lords - Medieval city builder with battles

Started by shoulders, December 17, 2023, 11:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

https://x.com/LordsManor?t=P5JNw3JAxMRpgf58xnPH9w&s=09

A bit of old school city building with elements of Paradox type grand strategy and Total War esque real time battles.

Ambition of the game is off the chart and it looks decent too. Changes of season and the surrounding landscape are beguiling. A well-rendered oxen goes a long way in my books.

Out April next year or basically whenever.

shoulders

Until recently most of the info released has been centred on the city builder element to the game but we've finally seen in actual depth some in-game footage of the battle mechanics which aim to be real time strategy a la Total War.

Seems like that's the area people are most concerned about overall as the city builder is looking pretty fantastic already.

bgmnts

An in depth city builder with Total War style strategy was the the holy grail as a kid.

Hope it does well. Waiting for the Gregg Wallace review: laaahvely.

gib

played the demo of this last year and it is incredibly beautiful. I had as much fun just making my village look pretty as i did meeting the objectives. Really looking forward to the full game.

Cuellar

shoulders

Quote from: Cuellar on Yesterday at 03:12:57 PMThis is OUT NOW

Early access but I'm going in

IGN say in the current state it is the earliest of Early Access, but why not play the fucker. They've been teasing this for a long time.

shoulders

Been interesting actually seeing different approaches to the city building. The Scandi guy in the top video is so methodical and the town receives a kind of dispassionate treatment, optimising resources regardless of aesthetics whereas some of the British and American players have definitely gone for a genre convention of what they think a Medieval town should look like.

Cuellar

It does seem a bit early, lots of labels and names still with underscores in etc., but it's still pretty compelling.

My town is definitely of the ramshackle unplanned variety. We had a hard winter in which a lot of people died from cold because I couldn't work out how to get fuel so I renamed my town HELL ON EARTH, but we got through it and I have a farm now and I even fought off some bandits.