Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:39:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Succession - Season 4

Started by Bobloblawslawbomb, January 26, 2023, 04:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignatius_S

The head of HBO has commented that a spin-off doesn't feel a "natural thing" to him: https://www.thewrap.com/hbo-casey-bloys-succession-spinoffs/

Blue Jam

Oh fuck off, TOMSGANS feels like the most natural and beautiful thing in the world.

Season three ended up in The Thick of It series three territory at times with the characters and farce being dialled up to 11 (the Logan UTI episode was a low point - it felt like their Eastbourne conference episode), but it was still pretty great overall. It feels like it's the right time to think about wrapping it up.

dontpaintyourteeth

I started a rewatch and found the first couple of episodes remarkably slow compared to the second and third seasons but I'll concede it's probably better to end it now than drag it on forever, either way.

Gonna miss Dasha, she was really good at being distracted from looking at a phone

Ignatius_S

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 26, 2023, 05:04:16 PMOh fuck off, TOMSGANS feels like the most natural and beautiful thing in the world.

Nicely channelled!

To be fair, there might be reasons why he may would to dampen speculation about a spin-off (or a successor, if you will) particularly as this season has yet to air. To be less fair, I want a spin-off.

Mister Six

Quote from: Blue Jam on February 26, 2023, 05:04:16 PMOh fuck off, TOMSGANS feels like the most natural and beautiful thing in the world.

Tom and Greg forced to do a road trip from New York to San Francisco to host a TED Talk or something. I don't care how stupid and unrealistic that is, GIVE ME IT NOW.

A little sad that this is the last season as I was hoping it would go for five, but I'd rather they wrap it up and leave me wanting more than let it turn into a sad, rambling imitation of what it used to be.

Excited to see whatever else Armstrong cooks up, whether in the Succession "universe" or another.

TrenterPercenter

Mid way through series 2 of the rewatch how long before this mother drops?!

Chollis

Capt.Midnight

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on February 27, 2023, 08:15:53 AMSeason three ended up in The Thick of It series three territory at times with the characters and farce being dialled up to 11 (the Logan UTI episode was a low point - it felt like their Eastbourne conference episode), but it was still pretty great overall. It feels like it's the right time to think about wrapping it up.

It almost went off the boil for me around those episodes, then picked up again for the last half of the season. Loved the first 2 seasons.

Blinder Data

One week to go!

I avoided most of the trailer for spoilers, but I think I can guess how it's going to end (based purely on speculation):

Spoiler alert
The children gang together with the board members to oust Logan, who then oust them. Logan and the children are left with nothing but each other to argue about - so no one person actually ends up on top (though maybe Greg is installed as a puppet of the board).
[close]

Hopefully it will be a bit more surprising than that.

robhug

Logan to croak it in the last episode then the spin off 'Successor' to be announced where Kendall has morphed into a more shouty sweary version of his previous self and introducing Macauley Culkin as a secret son who ultimately takes over the business and kills all his siblings.

druss

Is there a way that every single character ends up dead or completely fucked over? Feels like the only truly satisfying ending.

mjwilson

Alberon

poo

Hope this doesn't go the way of a lot of recent shows and end in a shit way.

poo

Will the entire series be dumped out in one go?

dontpaintyourteeth

phantom_power

Quote from: poo on March 24, 2023, 10:12:49 AMWill the entire series be dumped out in one go?

No, weekly every Sunday night

Blue Jam

Quote from: Alberon on March 23, 2023, 09:06:18 PMScooby-doo ending?

Pesky kids? Or spiderman 3 jump then fart with scooby doo laugh

phantom_power

It is sort of leading to Greg somehow becoming the head honcho but I doubt that will happen.

It will be a hard landing to stick because too much resolution may seem forced but not enough would be unsatisfactory

druss

Greg was fucking funny in that episode, can't understand why we didn't see the conversation with Logan regarding the incident though, what a missed opportunity.

selectivememory

'The Disgusting Brothers' lmao. Absolutely pathetic for a man of Tom's age. And Greg is such a sleazeball now.

Good episode. Loved how Nan Pierce played them all. 10 billion to hear your dad tell you to fuck off. Felt like Roman was the only rational one amongst the three kids throughout the negotiations. Should have stuck to his guns and not let his siblings carry him along with their nonsense.

Connor a bit of an afterthought. Hopefully they have something interesting for him to do this season.

mjwilson

Quote from: selectivememory on March 27, 2023, 11:25:50 AMConnor a bit of an afterthought. Hopefully they have something interesting for him to do this season.

He's always been an afterthought though.

dontpaintyourteeth

selectivememory

Quote from: mjwilson on March 27, 2023, 03:35:49 PMHe's always been an afterthought though.

I realised that as soon as I posted it lol. But anyway, his wedding sounds like it might provide some entertainment, even if he does otherwise seem a bit surplus to requirements at the moment.

Blue Jam

WAMBSGANS was looking good in the white t-shirt but still not good enough for Shiv. Well, I suppose he is more Disgusting than he looks.

Lots of people posting on Twitter to say Tom and Shiv's breakup made them cry, broke their hearts etc and I had to wonder if I was watching the same show. The recap included a reminder that Shiv doesn't love Tom and enjoys him being painfully aware of this fact, Tom's become a sleazeball, and there's no way their separation isn't going to get very ugly.

Funniest moment for me was the smug "I told you so" smirk on Tom's face when Bridget admitted she'd just asked Logan for a selfie.

Lots of Peep Show DNA in this one. Tom talking to Logan about chucking his daughter like Mark admitting he didn't love Sophie, and of course "The Disgusting Brothers" sounding like "The El Dude Brothers" and being amusing for someone Greg's age but a bit childish and embarrassing for Tom, like it was funny at Darty but no longer funny by the time Mark and Jeremy were pushing 40.

I liked the little nod to In The Loop with "purview" as well.

Blue Jam

Also, The Disgusting Brothers? The spin-off just wrote itself.

fucking ponderous

Enjoyable once it got to Wamsgans and Greg. I forgot how much of this show is just people running around shouting numbers at each other. I suppose it's meant to display how pointless their lives are- I can't imagine why anyone watching at this point would care whether the siblings bought out the Pierces or not. To me all that's just a hook to explore the strange characters, like how Lynch and Frost never originally intended to reveal Laura Palmer's killer.

Anyway "The Disgusting Brothers" is yet another Armstrong phrase that's going to echo forever in my head.

I did laugh a great deal in the final scene at Logan calling the newsreader

Spoiler alert
'a ballsack in a toupee'
[close]