Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:31:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Professional Masterchef The Professionals

Started by Gurke and Hare, November 16, 2022, 11:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colacentral

Quote from: Icehaven on December 09, 2023, 03:06:02 PMGod that Danish place was insane, and not in a good way. I can't believe they all chose to  use the windpipe as well, I think I'd have preferred the rotting vegetables. I can just picture vegans and vegetarians quite reasonably screaming at the telly when Jesse Plemons was going on about making people think about where their food comes by giving them cold dead chicken claws, it's kind of having your claws and eating them.

Anyway
Spoiler alert
Definitely the right winner, although I was slightly biased as I disliked Tommy but it seemed likely he was going to win, and he certainly thought so. But then Marcus said his veal was dry, the sun broke through the clouds and I knew Tom had it in the bag (mainly because Kasae had ballsed up her pudding, but even if she hadn't I think Tom would still have had the edge.)
[close]

Yeah, the chicken thing was infuriating. As if that's changing any minds of the clientele he gets. What it will actually do is make the monsters who go there feel like they've done something good for animal welfare merely by participating in his shite art, meaning they alleviate any guilt they might otherwise have felt.

What would have been more dangerous and provocative is if he had it hooked up like a Jigsaw trap where taking the claw out of the cage will activate a guillotine over another chicken in a nearby barn and streamed on a live feed on the screens above them. "Make your choice." That at least would provide some tangible consequence for eating the meat rather than a pat on the back for being a thoughtful meat eater.