Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:39:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Fascinating coincidences

Started by Bad Ambassador, March 29, 2024, 12:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Ambassador

Here's an example: a 61-year-old man from County Down has been arrested on allegations of historical child sexual abuse and rape, the same day that 61-year-old Jeffrey Donaldson, the very right-wing, pro-Brexit, anti-GFA, anti-LGBTQI+ head of the Democratic Unionist Party, also from County Down, deletes all his social media accounts.

What are the chances of that?

madhair60

he's probably the guy who did all that stuff

idunnosomename

He's just stepped down as leader confirming that he has been "charged with allegations of an historical nature".

Underturd

beanheadmcginty

My favourite coincidence is that the American and British Dennis the Menaces debuted in their respective comics on the same day, despite having absolutely zero to do with each other.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on March 29, 2024, 01:05:32 PMMy favourite coincidence is that the American and British Dennis the Menaces debuted in their respective comics on the same day, despite having absolutely zero to do with each other.

Also both fiddlers

idunnosomename

The BBC are now reporting this coincidence.

Who thought a knight bachelor of the british empire could be a diddler???

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 29, 2024, 01:12:34 PMThe BBC are now reporting this coincidence.

Who thought a knight bachelor of the british empire could be a diddler???

Sir Jimmy Savile
Sir Cyril Smith

The coincidences never stop!

buttgammon

Is he going to argue that the historical offences in question took place before the earth was created a couple of thousand years ago?

George White

He was also formerly Enoch Powell's assistant, and served the same role for Lord Molyneaux.

Then again, Unionism is full of slot badgers.
Remnded of DUP's
Keith Lard-alike Billy Walker

Then there's the TUV's Davy Tweed.

Buelligan

Oh god, not another bush dodger. :(

George White

Chances are he probably won't go to jail, knowing the difficulties that knights have being prosecuted.

See also Sir Kevin Spacey.

Kankurette

Proactive

Quote from: George White on March 29, 2024, 01:21:40 PMHe was also formerly Enoch Powell's assistant, and served the same role for Lord Molyneaux.

Then again, Unionism is full of slot badgers.
Remnded of DUP's
Keith Lard-alike Billy Walker

Then there's the TUV's Davy Tweed.

I know you shouldn't laugh at someone for how they look, but fuck me if some people don't go out of their way to make you do so.

George White

Quote from: Proactive on March 29, 2024, 04:23:03 PMI know you shouldn't laugh at someone for how they look, but fuck me if some people don't go out of their way to make you do so.
It's okay. He's an Evil Sex Beast. Anyway, he's got more in common with a crab than you and me.

Vodkafone

Ferris

Quote from: George White on March 29, 2024, 01:40:17 PMChances are he probably won't go to jail, knowing the difficulties that knights have being prosecuted.

All the armour and helmets make it very hard to get a positive ID

steve98

And here's to you Jeffery Donaldson,
Foolin' with that young stuff like you do...

mojo filters

What's that you say, Jeffrey Donaldson?
Heaven holds a place for those who're gay,
Hey, hey, hey [and back to the Emaj open chord riff]