Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 05:29:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Celebrities who have kept a clean sheet

Started by curiousoranges, November 10, 2023, 02:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Ambassador

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on November 14, 2023, 07:16:40 PM!!!

Mind you, <Insert some witty "Navy Lark"-based joke here>.

Right hand down, up, down, up, down a bit.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: dontpaintyourteeth on November 14, 2023, 07:23:05 PMnot just that... a golfer too.

He also frequently makes 'famous republican' lists, but is clearly displeased it's not good for his reputation.

QuoteThroughout his career, Cooper's philosophy regarding politics is that politics should not be mixed with rock music. Cooper has usually kept his political views to himself, and in 2010 said, "I am extremely non-political. I go out of my way to be non-political. I'm probably the biggest moderate you know. When John Lennon and Harry Nilsson used to argue politics, I was sitting right in the middle of them, and I was the guy who was going 'I don't care.' When my parents would start talking politics, I would go in my room and put on the Rolling Stones or the Who as long as I could avoid politics. And I still feel that way."[109]

On occasion, Cooper has spoken out against musicians who promote or opine on politics; for example, in the build-up to the 2004 presidential election, he told The Canadian Press that the rock stars campaigning for and touring on behalf of Democratic candidate John Kerry were committing "treason against rock n' roll". He added, upon seeing a list of musicians who supported Kerry, "If I wasn't already a Bush supporter, I would have immediately switched. Linda Ronstadt? Don Henley? Geez, that's a good reason right there to vote for Bush."[169][fn 10] In December 2018, Cooper predicted that the next U.S. president would be "worse" than then-president Donald Trump, while arguing that musicians talking politics to their fans was an "abuse of power".[170]

Every four years since releasing his single "Elected" in 1972, Cooper has satirically run for president.[123]

RickyHamster

Quote from: Milo on November 10, 2023, 06:33:39 PMHave we had Bob Mortimer yet?

Sadly I have it on good authority that Bob was far from pleasant to be around in his cocaine years.

The Bumlord

Quote from: RickyHamster on November 15, 2023, 08:01:32 PMSadly I have it on good authority that Bob was far from pleasant to be around in his cocaine years.

Yeah you don't piss in hotel kettles, that's just rude.

Quote from: Milo on November 10, 2023, 06:33:39 PMHave we had Bob Mortimer yet?

I like him, but not a spotless record, sadly. He's done blackface, even if it was for whimsy with no mean intention.

Oz Oz Alice

Noakes

Quote from: Oz Oz Alice on November 15, 2023, 10:31:06 PMRobert Smith
Angela Lansbury
Rob Halford

an acquaintance tells a story about angela lansbury telling him to fuck off after he bumbled into her way on a  london street... he's a lovely bloke but i admit not a 100% reliable source

Noakes

Quote from: RottonRaddish on November 11, 2023, 09:47:14 AMDoctor Who adjacent, Peter Cushing was by all accounts a GBOL. Famously Carrie Fisher found him hard to take as complete git Tarkin, because he was so nice between takes. His was also on Jim 'll Fix It and actually had a heartwarming segment, rather than attempting to fuck kids.

Also unlike his Hammer co star Lee, he never bragged about what stabbing someone in the back should sound like.

there's a lovely story about lee getting cushing to act in "horror express" to pull him out of a steep decline after his wife died, he only did the movie to get his pal out of his isolation.

not a bad movie, includes a bonkers turn by Telly Savalas

Thomas

I saw Alice Cooper on a plane recently, just a few weeks before his coming out as a confused elderly transphobe. He was reading People magazine.

He owns one of the Os in the Hollywood sign but would he really be able to tell if you swapped them around?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Noakes on November 15, 2023, 10:43:37 PMan acquaintance tells a story about angela lansbury telling him to fuck off after he bumbled into her way on a  london street... he's a lovely bloke but i admit not a 100% reliable source

She shat on a Pygmy

dontpaintyourteeth

Lansbury did make some weird victim-blame-ish comments about sexual harassment one time

George White

I also heard that Lansbury was quite rude to locals in Cork.
Maybe all those MSW episodes set there (and in Wicklow), with ludicrous accents were revenge. Even though one time, the murderers were Martin Jarvis and Carolyn Seymour as Shakespearean blow-ins.

studpuppet

Quote from: Thomas on November 15, 2023, 11:16:31 PMI saw Alice Cooper on a plane recently, just a few weeks before his coming out as a confused elderly transphobe. He was reading People magazine.

He owns one of the Os in the Hollywood sign but would he really be able to tell if you swapped them around?

What about if he decides to take his ball home, so to speak? Would it be 'Hllywood' or 'Hollywod'? This is IMPORTANT.

Bad Ambassador

Terry Torpid

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 17, 2023, 12:23:19 PMKylie? Everyone seems to like her.

There's one blotch on the book. When she was in hospital with cancer, they cleared out all the patients in the ward so she could have the whole place to herself. Her security blocked people from visiting their relatives. When it came out, her reps said she hadn't asked for special treatment, so maybe the hospital bosses took it upon themselves to do it. In any case, it's a celebrity's life being treated as more important than regular people.

QuoteReports today suggested elderly heart patients at the Cabrini Hospital were moved from their beds to vacate an entire ward for the pop princess.

Minogue was given eight of the hospital's 18 cardio rooms in a move that angered doctors and other patients, according to one newspaper.

The night before Minogue arrived, patients were moved from their beds to give her a wing to herself with a security guard at the end of the corridor, the report said.

The daughter of a patient at Cabrini today said that tight security around Minogue at the hospital compromised the care of elderly heart patients.

The woman, Mandy, said her mother was one of two elderly patients left in the coronary care ward where Minogue underwent surgery last month.

Mandy confirmed eight patients were removed from the ward to make room for Minogue, while security measures hindered access to her mother.

https://www.theage.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/hospital-ward-cleared-for-kylie-20050603-ge0a1i.html

Jerzy Bondov

Add Matt Smith to the list of Doctor Who shaggers, for cheating on Lily James. And she cheated on him with Dominic West! No judgement from me though, who gives a shit. They are on good terms nowadays says the fearless British free press.

I didn't know about Pertwee shagging men though, good for him, bi icon.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on November 10, 2023, 03:18:35 PMChris Morris

what constitutes clean sheet here? i love the music show and blue jam, but pretty sure there's some uncomfortable homophobia floating about, kiddie's outing etc. i know it was endemic to the time but... eh

Quote from: curiousoranges on November 10, 2023, 02:33:16 PMThe David Attenborough thread made me realise that he's one one of the few public figures nobody can really knock.

NEO-MALTHUSIAN

Bad Ambassador

Dick Van Dyke?

Vincent Price seemed like a GBoL, or at least as much as a repentant ex-Nazi can.

Glebe

Quote from: Terry Torpid on November 17, 2023, 01:34:37 PMThere's one blotch on the book. When she was in hospital with cancer, they cleared out all the patients in the ward so she could have the whole place to herself. Her security blocked people from visiting their relatives. When it came out, her reps said she hadn't asked for special treatment, so maybe the hospital bosses took it upon themselves to do it. In any case, it's a celebrity's life being treated as more important than regular people.

That's completely fucked up. Kylie goes on the Bad Egg list.

GoblinAhFuckScary

Quote from: Bad Ambassador on November 17, 2023, 02:54:11 PMDick Van Dyke?

Vincent Price seemed like a GBoL, or at least as much as a repentant ex-Nazi can.

bisexual icon baybeeeey

Terry Torpid

Quote from: Glebe on November 17, 2023, 04:15:29 PMThat's completely fucked up. Kylie goes on the Bad Egg list.

It's a tricky one. Fucked up of course, but I don't know if she can be blamed personally.

Attenborough has two blots. His big break was a show called Zoo Quest, where Dave and co travelled to darkest Africa to capture wild animals and bung them in London Zoo. It also featured a patronising attitude to the "natives". It premiered in 1954 though, so I suppose that's outside the statute of limitations for cancellation.

More recently, he gets a lot of criticism from smug extreme vegans (like me!), because for all his talk of caring for animals, and saving the planet, the daft old cunt still hasn't made the obvious ethical and environmental step to stop supporting the livestock industry (the primary driver of Amazon deforestation and the biggest source of agricultural greenhouse gas on Earth).

Quote from: Attenborough"I do eat cheese, I have to say, and I eat fish. But by and large, I've become much more vegetarian over the past few years than I thought I would ever be."

Quote from: Attenborough"I eat fish and chicken, and my conscience does trouble me. I'm affluent enough to afford free range, but it's middle-class hypocrisy."

Not good enough. He should lead by example. The second quote shows he knows it's wrong, but doesn't have the resolve to kick the habit. He's not even a vegetarian, and that's piss easy! Chris Packham went vegan a few years ago, so fair play to him, he practises what he preaches.

Glebe

Quote from: jamiefairlie on November 12, 2023, 08:20:34 PMYeah let's see him amusingly dance out of this  one!

He can't, can he? We've got him bang to ri-

Haha!! Good old Griffiths! You're alright mate!

Uncle TechTip

Trevor McDonald was a GBOL by all accounts.

AzureSky

Quote from: curiousoranges on November 15, 2023, 10:08:30 PMI like him, but not a spotless record, sadly. He's done blackface, even if it was for whimsy with no mean intention.

Morris as well then.

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: GoblinAhFuckScary on November 17, 2023, 05:15:00 PMbisexual icon baybeeeey
yeah Price being an ex-Nazi makes him more of a bisexual icon if anything

Glebe

Quote from: Terry Torpid on November 17, 2023, 07:58:26 PMIt's a tricky one. Fucked up of course, but I don't know if she can be blamed personally.

Hmmm, yeah, perhaps.

beanheadmcginty

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on November 17, 2023, 09:56:14 PMTrevor McDonald was a GBOL by all accounts.

Famously had a fancy woman on the side and would signal his intent on paying her a visit by adjusting his tie in a certain way during the closing credits of News at Ten.

seepage