Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:04:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The worst responses to the coronavirus

Started by Fambo Number Mive, March 17, 2020, 11:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Good shit take here, how can the publishing industry survive when the resturants are shut?
https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw...02-can-there-be-book-deals-without-meals.html

Uncle TechTip

bgmnts

Trump has severed all ties to the WHO.

Has to be top 5 worst responses to covid surely.

EOLAN

Quote from: bgmnts on May 29, 2020, 08:32:48 PM
Trump has severed all ties to the WHO.

Has to be top 5 worst responses to covid surely.

In fairness they haven't been the same since Keith Moon passed away.

Johnny Yesno

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

fatguyranting

Quote from: kalowski on May 29, 2020, 11:53:45 PM
https://twitter.com/getback2thebeat/status/1266448134571462657?s=19
I actually believe this is true.

I wrote to my Truro and Falmouth MP to say that my mum had died a week ago from sepsis and we all had to say goodbye to her on an IPad, so obviously I was a little perturbed by Dom's jaunting around the county. This is the same response I got, down to the exact  wording.

My email was polite and immaculately worded but she still felt the need to say she thought the 'matter closed' and would no longer respond to 'any abuse on the matter'. The soulless cunt.

idunnosomename

Quote from: fatguyranting on June 02, 2020, 02:04:38 PM
I wrote to my Truro and Falmouth MP to say that my mum had died a week ago from sepsis and we all had to say goodbye to her on an IPad, so obviously I was a little perturbed by Dom's jaunting around the county. This is the same response I got, down to the exact  wording.

My email was polite and immaculately worded but she still felt the need to say she thought the 'matter closed' and would no longer respond to 'any abuse on the matter'. The soulless cunt.
well very sorry for your loss. i'm a dickhead on the internet and I can be bothered to express my sympathy for this and also, while you're never going to turn cornwall anything other than blue, that you're stuck with a heartless get brexit done stooge representing you.

Johnny Yesno

Christ. Sorry for your loss. That bit about abuse is really cunty. These really are the worst bunch of ghouls we've had running this country in my living memory, and they have some serious competition.

Artie Fufkin

Fuck sake. That is just awful. You poor bastard. So sorry for your loss. I've always hated the Tories, but I fucking despise them in a way that makes my guts roil lately.

Inspector Norse

You should send copies of the e-mails to the papers, to opposition parties. Anything that helps expose these people.

Sorry for your loss.

flotemysost

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 29, 2020, 05:39:31 PM
Good shit take here, how can the publishing industry survive when the resturants are shut?
https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw...02-can-there-be-book-deals-without-meals.html

I agree with the conclusion here, but the premise sounds like a load of elitist bollocks. I work in publishing (admittedly not on the editorial side) and I'm really hoping this situation will help chip away at the stuffy, upper-middle-class, London-centric bubble that's been fostered by a culture of career progression being based on meetings in restaurants and the like (and I say this as a middle-class twat from London).

We have a massive diversity problem in this industry, not just around class and ethnicity, but disability and childcare commitments are also clearly huge unwritten barriers to recruitment and career progression when you're expected to always be physically in the office or schmoozing out of hours - as is the case in so many other industries, I'm sure. If this situation encourages employers to carry out a long-overdue review of these outdated notions about work then hopefully that'll be a good thing.

On a separate note, fatguyranting, that is so awful, I'm sorry for your loss.

idunnosomename

Quote from: Artie Fufkin on June 02, 2020, 04:16:19 PM
Fuck sake. That is just awful. You poor bastard. So sorry for your loss. I've always hated the Tories, but I fucking despise them in a way that makes my guts roil lately.
I know there's "no such thing as a good Tory" but while some older Conservatives do represent a party doing things that make people's lives harder than they need to be, they can be civil people who genuinely try to help individual constituents and at least talk to them. New lot of MPs are so incompetent they aren't even doing that, and their engagement with the people they represent is reduced to literally cut/pasting and retweeting the government. But you could've stuck a blue rosette on drum of slurry and it'd win in Cornwall.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Really sorry to hear about your mum too.

I guess at least you weren't waiting in anticipation for anything other than a boilerplate reply, but the stuff you reference is particularly pointed, cunty and unnecessary to include to someone who is bereaved.

idunnosomename

well it is kinda disappointing that someone who KNEW they are going to be an MP from the moment they were selected, unlike those chancers who won up north, is so shit at their job. but yeah how someone can not be touched by having to say goodbye to your mum on an iPad while classic dom can go up to Durham to arrange childcare is really upsetting.

fatguyranting

Thanks for the support all of you.

"they can be civil people who genuinely try to help individual constituents and at least talk to them."

It's funny because in some ways I feel double-cunted. After getting her response, which included the cut and paste 'sorry for your loss' bit, I ended up sending a message thanking her and her team for taking the time to respond. The next day the whole text was in the local press and on her blog. Word for fucking word.

When people are this cold, mindless and shallow it makes me think they must be subject to demonic influence. Any corporeal explanation is just to difficult to accept.

idunnosomename

and they didn't ask for permission? oh fuck. horrid.

well whatever we care so what else matters. certainly not get brexit done cunts.

petercussing

Isn't that some sort of GDPR violation posting something you sent without permission?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: petercussing on June 03, 2020, 08:55:07 AM
Isn't that some sort of GDPR violation posting something you sent without permission?

it should be, I doubt fatguy is in the mood to follow that up, but does anyone know if a complaint can be lodged?

fatguyranting

Nah, it wasn't specific to me, sorry for the confusion, what I meant is that after I sent my thanks I realised that the response I had was cut and pasted from a generic reply she had been sent from central office. No human input on her part at all.

Egyptian Feast

Fucking despicable. So sorry for your loss fatguyranting.

boki

The abuse comment alone is solid grounds for a complaint.

Artie Fufkin

Quote from: boki on June 03, 2020, 12:06:15 PM
The abuse comment alone is solid grounds for a complaint.
100% - Fucking despicable

Uncle TechTip

So sorry to hear this. Utter cunts - either they didn't read the first message which is crass, or they did read it, blew air through their teeth and sent that response anyway. I guess this exposes internet democracy for what it is - non existent. You would not get the same response face to face.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 03, 2020, 01:47:46 PM
So sorry to hear this. Utter cunts - either they didn't read the first message which is crass, or they did read it, blew air through their teeth and sent that response anyway. I guess this exposes internet democracy for what it is - non existent. You would not get the same response face to face.

I send my regards to the bishop.

QuoteWhen asked for a word for the relatives of the COVID-19 victims, Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro replied that death "is everyone's destiny" on Tuesday, a day in which his country recorded new records of infections and deaths.

king_tubby

jobotic

The fucking replies under that complacent nonsense. Death cult.