Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:06:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trump number 8

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 23, 2018, 08:19:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Trump be re-elected in 2020?

Yes because we're all fucked now
21 (38.2%)
Aye, probably
14 (25.5%)
No because Trump will eventually trip himself up
0 (0%)
No because the Democrats will triumph
2 (3.6%)
I HEAR YOU'RE A RACIST NOW FATHER
4 (7.3%)
Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley, Kennedy and Stuart Sutcliffe
1 (1.8%)
It's all pointless - like bringing a knife to a gun party (Sandford, 18/06/16)
0 (0%)
Rode slipshod over all dumbshits, he were curious orange
1 (1.8%)
Search for "Goatse" increased by 600% since election outcome
2 (3.6%)
Pee Tape emerges with no real impact other than increased awareness of prostate check
0 (0%)
Trump steps down, Pence rises like a greying Ken doll found in a sewer full of pig fat
0 (0%)
In the episode, Captain Kirk stands trial on charges of negligence after a crewman fakes his own death.
0 (0%)
Imagine the size of his balls
0 (0%)
Obama emerges from the void screaming PULL YOUR PANTS UP, DAD'S HOME
0 (0%)
Not as good as The Wire
1 (1.8%)
Raoul Moat
3 (5.5%)
PLEASE GAS THIS WHITEHOUSE OF CUNTS
2 (3.6%)
Sauron falls through the bar
0 (0%)
As predicted by Frank T. J. Mackie
0 (0%)
Carry On Up The Arse
2 (3.6%)
The Mueller-Lite Effect
0 (0%)
The Further Adventures of Snow White Supremacist and the Fifteen Stupid Twats
0 (0%)
Trump re-elected as man plays Bela Lugosi's Dead on a tuba made of smegma
1 (1.8%)
#NotAllFAtStupidYanks
0 (0%)
I had a fat stupid yank in me car once, made a right fuckin mess
1 (1.8%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Urinal Cake

The smirking kid right in front of the Native American protestor did little wrong except maybe encroach on personal space. The other MAGA kids making fun of the chant etc are shits though.

That kind of invasion of personal space is a clear attempt at provocation however, which is really all that it's been reported as, so the need for the right to 'debunk' this shows how desperate things are at the moment

Dannyhood91

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 21, 2019, 12:48:38 PM
That kind of invasion of personal space is a clear attempt at provocation however, which is really all that it's been reported as, so the need for the right to 'debunk' this shows how desperate things are at the moment

Cheers for clearing this up guys. I've had someone telling the whole thing is a fake etc. I'm in the middle of a long and tedious talk on fake news and how the "left is normally bankrupt" and it's ruining my day off. Anyone wanna take my place for a few hours?

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 21, 2019, 12:48:38 PM
That kind of invasion of personal space is a clear attempt at provocation however, which is really all that it's been reported as

Even if it were true that calmly smiling while holding someone's gaze is a "clear attempt at provocation" (despite Saffiyah Khan being briefly deified by the same media for doing the same thing), has nobody mentioned that it was the Native American who strode up to the Entitled Hateful White Teenager? And it wasn't just "being reported as" an 'invasion of personal space' issue, it was being alleged that the crowd of kids were chanting racist abuse and 'build the wall'. However, no racist slogans are audible on the livestream, except the multiple ones shouted by the Black Hebrew Israelites, who weren't initially mentioned by any news source. It doesn't matter much, no one had a formal complaint to make, and even though the New York Times (in an article conceding that the reality of the situation was "more complicated" than everyone first thought) called the event "explosive", nothing and nobody exploded, and everyone seems to have walked away unharmed and got on with their day.

Quotethe need for the right to 'debunk' this shows how desperate things are at the moment

Or, the need for the left to question the need to debunk a transparently motivated and irresponsible erroneous narrative, spun by the BBC and the Guardian and countless sanctimonious pricks on social media, does indeed show how desperate things are at the moment. But it's always fun to witness impotent howls of hysterical murderous outrage, especially when they're directed at someone accused of being 'hateful'. I swear Rick from The Young Ones becomes more and more relevant each day.

jobotic

You've done Rick from the Young Ones before.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: jobotic on January 21, 2019, 05:53:46 PM
You've done Rick from the Young Ones before.

And I expect I'll do it again, whenever people act like him en masse unironically.

jobotic

Good for you, it's a killer move.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on January 21, 2019, 05:34:34 PM
Even if it were true that calmly smiling while holding someone's gaze is a "clear attempt at provocation"

Happened to me in a pub in Aldershot. Big cunt just stood grinning at me and saying nada, while his mates laughed and jeered. Almost shat myself.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: jobotic on January 21, 2019, 08:28:48 PM
Good for you, it's a killer move.

It's not a 'move' as such, the 'move' is rebutting the fake narrative with facts, the Rick from The Young Ones reference was just a bit of colour, as a way of remembering the far-reaching magnitude of that character.

I wonder if that's why the far left always hated Ben Elton, because he sired such a perfect satire of their worst screaming tyrannical impulses. But they needn't have worried, Rick's Children have the whip hand over much of our discourse!

Urinal Cake

Well context is key. At a rally or protest you expect confrontation, you expect ridicule towards figureheads and ideas but not when they cross into racism etc.

A protest is the domination of space so grinning at someone to reflect contempt and hold the line is pretty minor. In any other context it would be rightly taken as a threat.

Twed

We all hate Ben Elton for creating Rick, who was created by Rik Mayall and is almost universally loved here.

GOOD POINT.

jobotic

It's almost as if the humourless left can laugh at themselves isn't it?

thing is, there's video of this stuff happening so any motherfucker can just watch it and see what happened with their own eyes. all attempts to editorialise are moot

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Twed on January 21, 2019, 09:38:59 PM
We all hate Ben Elton for creating Rick, who was created by Rik Mayall and is almost universally loved here.

GOOD POINT.

You can't bring yourselves to hate Rik Mayall, obviously, because he was so brilliant, even though he did those anti-EU ads, and was happy joking about sexual abuse. I know he was always a radical poet, but I've always understood the wider political dimension of Rick to have been more of Ben's department, he's spoken more on the subject anyway.

Quote from: Urinal Cake on January 21, 2019, 09:37:31 PM
grinning at someone to reflect contempt and hold the line is pretty minor. In any other context it would be rightly taken as a threat.

I'm not convinced that the grinning reflects contempt, or is remotely threatening.

Quote from: jobotic on January 21, 2019, 09:43:28 PM
It's almost as if the humourless left can laugh at themselves isn't it?

I'm sure many of the older ones can still, for sure, but the young ones (!) seem to have fallen right into his worst habits.

Paul Calf

And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through

rjd2

https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/1087406656323936256

Putin must be the most powerful politician of the last 20 years.

Trump in his pocket, Tulsi and Bernie cower in fear of him and still got time to run brutal smear campaigns against other Democrats such as Harris. 

Hank Venture

The crowd of oinking piglets were obviously accosted by the elderly wisp with a drum.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quotethey needn't have worried, Rick's Children have the whip hand over much of our discourse

Yeah the world is dominated by the far left right now, burning take dude

Cloud

Kids locked in cages, a nutcase president keeping the government shut down in a tantrum because they won't fund a wall, and Twitter is exploding with rage over a teenager smirking.  Fucking state of it

Well that's impotence for you

ajsmith2

The Wall shutdown is such an impasse. Very hard to imagine either side giving ground. Trump knows it's the keystone of the 'Promises Made, Promises Kept' line he's planning to run with in 2020 so he can't afford to let it go, but with the Dem house ascending no way are they gonna concede this to him as his star finally begins to show signs of waning. No idea how this is going to end up playing out.

Buzzfeed jumping the gun with that story and being reprimanded by Mueller has ended up benefitting RM as it pulls the carpet somewhat from under the 'Mueller is a partisan shill' narrative the right had been trying to construct over the last year or so.

Paul Calf

Added to that, the people behind Trump are likely to view a non-functioning government that they can blame on someone else as an opportunity and an ideological fillip. Establishment Dems don't really care as it only affects the poor.

2118: "As the US government shutdown enters its 100th year, we look back on a century of darwinian struggle..."

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 22, 2019, 08:24:14 AM
Yeah the world is dominated by the far left right now, burning take dude

I'm obviously not saying the far left dominates the world, or that Rick stands for the entire far left. Just that much of our discourse is now dominated by a certain type of infantile, domineering, self-righteous, aggressive, hysterical, cosseted middle-class pseudo-radical hypocrite, screaming 'fascist' at people they disagree with and proving that university education doesn't necessarily result in intelligence, critical thinking or independence of mind. This unbelievable 'smirking teenager' story brought many of them out in droves, and hopefully the more egregious examples will be sued and ruined.

As I say, the footage exists and is easily available to view

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on January 22, 2019, 02:11:13 PM
As I say, the footage exists and is easily available to view

Well quite, which is why a lot of trigger-happy tweetists and unprofessional media sources are presumably going to be sued for not doing the most basic research before piling on to wish violence on children for wearing the wrong sort of hat.

Dog Botherer

Absolutely no one is going to get sued you gobshite.

Also it's extremely good that these piglets are getting owned online. Finally peer pressure might do some good.

Autopsy Turvey

Quote from: Dog Botherer on January 22, 2019, 02:24:43 PM
Absolutely no one is going to get sued you gobshite.

Exchanging insults is easy and fun, but do we really want to go down that route, er, bum face?

QuoteAlso it's extremely good that these piglets are getting owned online. Finally peer pressure might do some good.

Are you aware of how this story has panned out?

Autopsy Turvey

Some first class tactics here lads.