Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:31:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

F.R.I.E.N.D.S reunion

Started by bgmnts, May 14, 2021, 10:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesTC

Quote from: Captain Z on May 20, 2021, 09:03:46 PM
I'm sure there was a flash-forward where Joey was huge, he's just been very committed to the part.

That was an alternative future in which he marries Monica.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: Thomas on May 20, 2021, 09:00:27 PM
Le Blanc's fine, he's just enjoying a bit of pandemic tummy.

The antithesis of Steve Pemberton, who has developed the chiseled physique of a Greek God during the pandemic.

But yes. Le Blanc has just gained a bit of lockdown weight around the middle. Christ, let people get older and fatter. Or have surgery if they want to. It's not very nice, is it, to judge people on the way they look?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: An tSaoi on May 20, 2021, 07:57:27 PM
I remember seeing a Blackadder documentary from a few years ago. Tony Timeteam and Tim McInnerny were being interviewed together, and Tony was musing about Blackadder Five, but Tim said he wouldn't want to do it because nobody wants to see them looking old.

Edit: found it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyIaitevzvQ&t=477s

He doesn't even hesitate. Just a straight no. And he's right.

Schwimmer didn't look that bad as Kim Kardashian's dad in that OJ Simpson thing, and that wasn't too long ago. And as you said, LeBlanc didn't look this bad in Top Gear. The bad ageing seems to have been the last couple of years.

Perry's got good teeth, I'll give him that.

They're American, they've all got good teeth.

Thomas

As a child I always paid attention to sets and continuity - the Friends apartments especially, since it was always on - and on a positive note I have to say that I am impressed by the recreation. They've even sourced the correct view from the window.

jobotic

I'm still friends with a few people I was friends with 30 years ago. I reckon if there was footage of us in the pub back then it'd be shocking how old we look now. But we watched it happen.

turnstyle

How in the name of dogs fat dicks does Corden still keep getting work? Is this a They Live situation where only a select few of us can actually see the Fuck-Filled Fattypuss for what he really is, a septic boil on the face of light entertainment, begging to be lanced with a red hot needle? I mean fucking HELL.

What is his shtick anyway? Laughing like a 6 year old girl on a rollercoaster and saying 'witty' ironic things in sub-Gervaisian manner?

I mean for fucks sake.

Is there anyone, ANYONE in the world who saw the news that Corden-Bleurgh would be hosting this and said 'Oh cool, I like him'. No. No there isn't. Not even that bloke who accidentally stuck his head in a particle accelerator and fried half his brain would lack the critical functions to not see the cunt as anything more than a total cunt. 

My top 4 Cunten moments:

1) That moment at an awards show where Patrick Stewart basically called him a cunt.
2) That story about him on an aeroplane ignoring his baby, like a cunt.
3) That  times his parents wrote into Mark Kermode and whined about him slagging off their ADULT SON who is a total cunt.
4) That time he did a Reddit AMA and everyone told him he was a cunt.

To be fair to the fat cunt I notice he's been popping up on Weight Watchers adverts recently, and best of luck to the guy, genuinely. I really hope he can drop the pounds so much, through eating low calorie frozen carbonaras, that he essentially vanishes from existence entirely. 

Cuuuuuuuuuuunt

Friends was ok I guess.

bgmnts

Quote from:  Reddit AMAHey James. You won't remember me but me and my friends sat at a table next to you and Harry Styles + some others in Manchurian Legends in London's Chinatown about 6 years ago. We didn't bother you but you were a massively entitled cunt who yelled and treated the waitstaff like shit and when one of my party politely suggested you calm down, you got really aggressive and threatening (in a chubby way. Like a boozy panda.) So my question is this; why did Harry seem so cool, while you were such a massive throbbing bellend?

JamesTC

To be honest, I've not got a major issue with Corden being in it. He has written and starred in a not too dissimilar sitcom. Why the fuck is David Beckham in it? The closest he has come to a sitcom is a fucking Comic Relief sketch.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I wonder how may of the Manchurian Legends staff gobbed in his food? Probably all of them. Never fuck around with the people serving you food.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on May 20, 2021, 12:01:08 PM
With regards to Jennifer Aniston, I read or saw an interview with her where this was brought up, and she claimed that it was because she just has really big, sticky out nipples, which tend to be visible through her shirt, even when she's wearing a bra.
Glad to clear that up.

Just to continue this high class discussion - I seem to remember they had the aircon turned way up, as there was a belief that a colder audience would laugh more.

Icehaven

Quote from: Thomas on May 20, 2021, 09:46:24 PM
As a child I always paid attention to sets and continuity - the Friends apartments especially, since it was always on - and on a positive note I have to say that I am impressed by the recreation. They've even sourced the correct view from the window.

Yes after seeing something so many times it is hard not to zone out a bit sometimes and start noticing details about the sets more. Any thoughts about the disappearing beam? And do you remember where you were the first time you saw the one and only ever shot of the 4th wall in Monica's apartment, when Chandler has managed to open the secret messy cupboard and the shot is from inside looking out so you can see the wall behind him? Blew my mind.

Jockice

Quote from: turnstyle on May 21, 2021, 01:38:28 PM

Is there anyone, ANYONE in the world who saw the news that Corden-Bleurgh would be hosting this and said 'Oh cool, I like him'. No. No there isn't. Not even that bloke who accidentally stuck his head in a particle accelerator and fried half his brain would lack the critical functions to not see the cunt as anything more than a total cunt. 

Well there was that bloke who I knew and got on with in real life who defriended me on Facebook for making a critical comment about those car insurance adverts with Corden in. Not about his weight or anything, about the actual adverts. His final words to me were along the lines of: "If that's your opinion of one of the nicest people in showbusiness what must you think about the rest of us?" I'd ask him about it but we're no longer in touch.

purlieu

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 20, 2021, 09:31:57 PM
But yes. Le Blanc has just gained a bit of lockdown weight around the middle. Christ, let people get older and fatter. Or have surgery if they want to. It's not very nice, is it, to judge people on the way they look?
Only young people are allowed on TV, sorry.

paruses

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on May 20, 2021, 09:31:57 PM

Agree and I agree with Icehaven's point about seeing them almost constantly as 20-30 somethings and then suddenly seeing them as timelapsed older people. I seem to see them at 4-5 year intervals except for Lisa Kudrow who pops up a lot and so she just looks like Lisa Kudrow looks to me.

I did feel sorry for Matthew Perry in that. As a retired alcoholic (I think he's more pills) I can complete relate to being on the wrong edge of everything kicking in but having to hold it all together. I did really feel for him.

Also Ross' joke calling Matt Steve to show how close /not close they are would have been funn(ier/y) if he had called him Mark.

Thomas

Quote from: icehaven on May 21, 2021, 06:36:47 PM
Yes after seeing something so many times it is hard not to zone out a bit sometimes and start noticing details about the sets more. Any thoughts about the disappearing beam? And do you remember where you were the first time you saw the one and only ever shot of the 4th wall in Monica's apartment, when Chandler has managed to open the secret messy cupboard and the shot is from inside looking out so you can see the wall behind him? Blew my mind.

Always a thrill to glimpse the fourth wall. I enjoy the space-time disparity between interior and exterior of the apartment building. Here we have yer chaotic floor plan:

And here we have yer simple facade:

Establishing shots would occasionally zoom in to a random window on the upper floors, always notably sans balcony. And note the bright red stand-in for the green Central Perk. In this shot, of a character's clothes being thrown off the balcony, they try their best to meld the set and the real building.

jobotic

Quote from: bgmnts on May 21, 2021, 03:50:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BFSZ8XzWOM&ab_channel=sbosssboss

That's brilliant. Like Drunken Bakers.

Wonder if they've done it for the bit when Ross goes on about shutting eyes and seeing Rachel naked.

Thomas

Here's a short interview with the guy who designed the apartment, explaining his process. I like his paper models. More interesting than hearing what David Beckham's favourite episode was.

idunnosomename

fatt le blanc shortly before assuming the title of largest Friend by consuming the others

Tony Tony Tony

Quote from: purlieu on May 21, 2021, 07:27:50 PM
Only young people are allowed on TV, sorry.

There's a Mr David Attenborough on the phone for you. He'd like a word.

Jockice

That's all I have to say on the matter.

I keep reading that the cast of Friends are to be reunited. Hey, wasn't there a now-defunct website that they could use the title of to advertise this?
But no, It turns out that Goodlooking Wisecracking But Ultimately Shallow And Boring Stars Of Incredibly Caucasian American Sitcom That Was Moderately Amusing For A Couple Of Years In The Mid 90s And Then Just Got Stupid Getting Interviewed By Sodding James Corden (The Nicest Man In Showbusiness But Only Assuming You Don't Know Anyone Else In Showbusiness) For No Real Reason As They Haven't Any Plans To Make New Episodes gets no results on Google.
Still , as the theme tune has it: "Well it hasn't been my day, my week, my month or even my year. But conversely it has been my second, my minute, my hour, my decade and indeed my century. I'll be there for myself. You can get rained on for all I care."

chveik

the one where they tatoo NONCE on a poor guy's forehead

dissolute ocelot

Hey, don't mock, if this reunion show is a success, there could be a spin-off where they choose a replacement friend after killing Monica via a series of amusing cleaning tasks, or an even longer Pop Stars-style Saturday night show where they recast an entire reboot of Friends where everybody is too poor to live in Manhattan and sits in a basement in Jersey City tiktokking each other. You won't be laughing in five years when The Coffee Friends Of Jersey is the only content allowed on social media.

mjwilson

Ironically the one with the busiest acting career at the moment is Marcel the monkey, who is in Y The Last Man. I assume he was too busy to do the reunion.

ProvanFan

peanutbutter

Quote from: mjwilson on May 22, 2021, 12:14:32 PM
Ironically the one with the busiest acting career at the moment is Marcel the monkey, who is in Y The Last Man. I assume he was too busy to do the reunion.
Was in a David Lynch film too, probably feels above this reunion.

Icehaven

Quote from: mjwilson on May 22, 2021, 12:14:32 PM

I can't believe it's still alive.

kngen

Matt Le Blanc saw Chris Evans for the total cunt he was and got him sacked. Surely he can spot the same in Corden, and have him pushed down some stairs or something.