Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:24:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Trans Mania: Graham Linehan is an Obsessive Transphobe

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, March 22, 2024, 08:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mx Wrongs

Quote from: phantom_power on March 29, 2024, 10:26:17 AMI am sure they would accept that gay kids exist so why is it such a leap to think trans kids exist as well? And why don't they actually do some research into what happens to kids who think they might be trans rather than reading biased reports and catastrophising?

'they' only reluctantly accept that gay kids exist. It's all rooted in 'traditional Christian values', often they're not even questioning enough to realise this. This is what Conservatives want to conserve.

They're utter lying cunts when they catastrophise, but since they believe in the garden of eden and heaven they're evidently at home with lies.

Mx Wrongs

Parenting Tips by Linehan

And some haven't even been parents to their kids.

selectivememory

All those clowns who still have relationships with their idiot kids. Couldn't be me though.

jobotic

I try and be a good parent by viewing my kids as idiots and thinking that I "beclown" myself by listening to anything they have to say.

Linehan and his ilk shouldn't be anywhere near kids, who they clearly fucking hate.

retsuza

Quote from: EggsLikeABird on March 28, 2024, 04:20:37 PMI had a flick through his book in Waterstones the other week, and the part I turned to was him banging on about his Dad saying some suspect things about abortion and mortifying him by using the term "the gay agenda."

Fuck, we all have Dads who are a bit backward. No need to out him in your book like they are some twitter troll.

Absolutely amazing lack of self awareness. Can also guarantee if one of Graham's New Friends was banging on about the gay agenda he'd find a way to justify it.

Transphobia being recycled homophobia is pretty clear at this point but I wonder does Graham either think that him going on about the plans of the monolith he calls the Trans Rights Activists is different from whatever the agenda of the gays is, so it's okay to be obsessed about - or has he just never made the connection at all?

Mx Wrongs

Imagine if he actually likened himself to JK Rowling, to the point of being "the male JK Rowling". That'd be fucking delicious. I'd have to suffer one hour and 53 minutes to find out, and it's eating me to know.

Glittering Prize.

Kankurette

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on March 29, 2024, 10:39:59 AMParenting Tips by Linehan

My dad has been in grave since 1993 and he's still a better father than Bananacunt is.

Nobody should take parenting advice from a man who wastes his entire life on Twitter.

retsuza

Potentially terrifying encounter with a woman with SHORT HAIR but phew turns out just as mental as I am.

BritishHobo

Is it not reductive of Rowling's career for him to claim that "the male JK Rowling" is just somebody who spends their entire life on Twitter banging on about trans people?

dissolute ocelot

It's erasing women's lived experience, is what it is!

Barry Admin

It was probably written by JL, who catches everything my outrage fatigue makes me miss. But still.

idunnosomename

The outrage fatigue is hilarious, and I want to post the video someone made of him as the MGM lion going "ooooooh!" from one of his weird-to-webcam rants as the perfect illustration of what it looks like. But i cant find it!

dead-ced-dead

Quote from: Mx Wrongs on March 29, 2024, 10:39:59 AMParenting Tips by Linehan

This is something that bothers me a lot. There are a lot of people, both men and women, around Graham's age who seem to really, really resent and downright dislike their children.

I suppose it's part of the boomer mentality: children, marriage, three bedroom house at ANY COST! Who cares if that's not what I want in life!?

It was revealing recently how disproportionately angry people got recently at Seth Rogen and his partner for saying they were happy, healthy and having fun and that they say the reason is they don't have children.

There was a stink of, "Fucking he'll, why do you get to be happy? I DIDN'T!"

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 29, 2024, 12:54:51 PMThe outrage fatigue is hilarious, and I want to post the video someone made of him as the MGM lion going "ooooooh!" from one of his weird-to-webcam rants as the perfect illustration of what it looks like. But i cant find it!

I got you

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on March 29, 2024, 12:56:22 PMThis is something that bothers me a lot. There are a lot of people, both men and women, around Graham's age who seem to really, really resent and downright dislike their children.

I suppose it's part of the boomer mentality: children, marriage, three bedroom house at ANY COST! Who cares if that's not what I want in life!?

It was revealing recently how disproportionately angry people got recently at Seth Rogen and his partner for saying they were happy, healthy and having fun and that they say the reason is they don't have children.

There was a stink of, "Fucking he'll, why do you get to be happy? I DIDN'T!"
Glinner's a Gen Xer but your point stands. In the 80s there was still that cultural expectation that life's milestones after leaving school and getting a job were getting married and having kids. So for sure some of them had kids because that's what they were "supposed" to do, not because it was what they wanted to do. I think as well that some of them made the decision to be less strict with their kids than their Silent Gen/Boomer parents were with them. As a result the kids (read: offspring of any age) are more likely to argue with them/answer back (because they're not fucking terrified of their parents), and the parents are left feeling, "I treated you better than I was treated, how dare you sass me/have opinions of your own/not be a perfect mini-me?"

I'm not a parent. I know kids need rules and boundaries and routines. I know the teenage years can be extremely tricky and often parents have to walk a fine line between being an authority figure and someone their child can talk to comfortably. Of course sometimes parents cross too far into the latter. But that's not what Glinner's talking about, he's talking about parents accepting their trans or nonbinary child as they are, supporting their decision to transition, advocating for them, helping them to access healthcare etc.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: dead-ced-dead on March 29, 2024, 01:45:36 PMOops! My bad.
Everyone forgets about Gen X, no big deal. I only remembered them when YouTube started recommending me "Different Generations Doing [whatever]" videos.

dontpaintyourteeth

retsuza

Outrage fatigue aside which is a hilarious thing to claim to have when you're clearly not fucking tired of this shit and you never will be, the condescending bit about his big man hands and this delicate lady reads like he's an ogre or a gorilla falling in love with a human girl.

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: retsuza on March 29, 2024, 11:07:39 AMPotentially terrifying encounter with a woman with SHORT HAIR but phew turns out just as mental as I am.

"Small slender hand in my giant mitt. How anyone could be violent to a young woman like her, who looked like she might have been snatched away by a sudden breeze..."

He talks about being a woman as if it's a wasting disease.

What about big, beautiful, butch women, glinner? Big beautiful butch cis women - STRAIGHT cis women, who happen to be hench, or are into fitness and body-building. Do they count? Your people want to ID and humiliate them at the toilet door. At least we know what a woman is, Glinner!

But women like this just don't really matter presumably.

perplexingprocrastinator

Quote from: retsuza on March 29, 2024, 02:56:21 PMOutrage fatigue aside which is a hilarious thing to claim to have

He means he's fatigued by being an outrageous bananacunt 24/7

TommyTurnips

Quote from: retsuza on March 29, 2024, 02:56:21 PMlike he's an ogre or a gorilla falling in love with a human girl.

The script to Glin-Kong is sat on a directors desk somewhere, as is the script to the JK-lunchback of Wpath hands.

BritishHobo

Quote from: perplexingprocrastinator on March 29, 2024, 03:03:55 PM"Small slender hand in my giant mitt. How anyone could be violent to a young woman like her, who looked like she might have been snatched away by a sudden breeze..."

He talks about being a woman as if it's a wasting disease.

What about big, beautiful, butch women, glinner? Big beautiful butch cis women - STRAIGHT cis women, who happen to be hench, or are into fitness and body-building. Do they count? Your people want to ID and humiliate them at the toilet door. At least we know what a woman is, Glinner!

But women like this just don't really matter presumably.

I increasingly notice the TERFy women on Twitter, the big "heavy-hitter" namees, become more and more sneery and mocking towards women with different hairstyles. On top of the lazy mockery of anyone who dares to dye their hair, which is literally parroting right-wing talking points, they now do seem to dismiss other women's opinions if their hair is short or styled in any way that's not typically feminine. Looping round to a really astonishingly regressive view of women.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on March 29, 2024, 01:48:07 PMEveryone forgets about Gen X, no big deal. I only remembered them when YouTube started recommending me "Different Generations Doing [whatever]" videos.

" Everyone forgets about Gen X"

It's kind of our defining experience to be honest. It's why we're so bitter about life.

Quote from: retsuza on March 29, 2024, 02:56:21 PMhis big man hands and this delicate lady reads like he's an ogre or a gorilla falling in love with a human girl.

A tale as old as time.

jamiefairlie

Quote from: BritishHobo on March 29, 2024, 03:11:42 PMI increasingly notice the TERFy women on Twitter, the big "heavy-hitter" namees, become more and more sneery and mocking towards women with different hairstyles. On top of the lazy mockery of anyone who dares to dye their hair, which is literally parroting right-wing talking points, they now do seem to dismiss other women's opinions if their hair is short or styled in any way that's not typically feminine. Looping round to a really astonishingly regressive view of women.

Which is ironic given that all the militant feminists I hung around with had very short hair (as did the men of course) and fashion was very utilitarian and unisex. The idea was to negate sex, not promote it.

BritishHobo

I think sometimes they don't understand what their own argument is anymore. It's the same when they ridicule men wearing dresses (or "frocks", as they always say). Won't be long before they're saying girls should NOT be allowed to wear trousers in school it is WRONG, girls are skirt-people and boys are trouser-people and that's what feminists fought for?