Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 01:37:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Hard-to-find films and let's find them why don't we?

Started by zomgmouse, January 18, 2018, 05:06:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junglist

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 04, 2023, 06:06:34 AMI've downloaded it now, and that will just help me up my ratio the longer I seed it, but I'll wait until Tuesday before uploading it somewhere as sometimes mediafire take things down really quickly.

Due to my shitty memory please do give me a nudge if I've forgotten to upload it though. :)

https://fileditch.com/ is good mate

Small Man Big Horse

Sebastian Cobb

Does anyone have the Twin Town sequel La Cha Cha? Can't see it in the usual places.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 13, 2023, 03:06:20 PMDoes anyone have the Twin Town sequel La Cha Cha? Can't see it in the usual places.

It's not on any of the sites I use unfortunately.

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 13, 2023, 03:06:20 PMDoes anyone have the Twin Town sequel La Cha Cha? Can't see it in the usual places.

Too bad they took it down from Prime Video. I saw it there last year when I had a free month. Mad film and worth a look!

lauraxsynthesis

Here's a rare thing from the archive. Dennis Potter's 1979 Play for Today Blue Remembered Hills . You have to sign into Vimeo, but it's there. https://vimeo.com/499290695

John Bird, Janine Duvitski, Helen Mirren and Colin Welland play children getting into trouble in the Forest of Dean.

I sought this out recently having previously only seen the National Theatre Production in 1996 with Steve Coogan and directed by Patrick Marber.

Sebastian Cobb

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 14, 2023, 02:28:35 PMThanks, yes, I'd been keeping an eye on that. 40 quid seems a bit steep, it looks like HMV have it for 15! I'll probably go for one of the two but was hoping that maybe there had been a HD rip going about or something.

I was really surprised it wasn't on PassThePopcorn, for something so new I presumed they'd have it, but I guess a very quiet release during the pandemic meant everyone missed it.

Also it's £14 here: https://cadizmerchstore.com/products/la-cha-cha-dvd-released-13-12-21 compared to HMV's £16.99 (including postage) just in case you don't win the auction / I decide to bid against you in a moment of confusing evil.

Small Man Big Horse

9 minutes to go on the auction and it's still 99p - are you still watching it?

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on November 14, 2023, 05:34:25 PM9 minutes to go on the auction and it's still 99p - are you still watching it?

I was when there was 45 minutes to spare then allowed myself to get distracted with something!

Although I'd already decided I wasn't going to pay more than 8 quid given the price for a new one, so I wouldn't have won anyway!

Small Man Big Horse

That's more than fair enough, and I hope it turns up online at some point soon.

Quote from: Mobbd on January 04, 2024, 10:25:05 PMInside Piano (2013) anyone? But niche probably.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4250080/

You can rent it here for 72 hours for £5.29 or buy it to keep for £8.89

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/insidepiano

Apologies if you were already aware of this and were specifically looking for a free version from the "seven seas"

Small Man Big Horse

Afraid it's not on PTP, CinemaZ or Cinemageddon.

Magnum Valentino

Does anyone have decent sized HD rips of Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed, Frankenstein Created Woman and Draclia Has Risen From The Grave?

There's a 20gb FCW out there but my download won't finish.

Mobbd

Quote from: DelurkedToHelp on January 04, 2024, 11:55:00 PMYou can rent it here for 72 hours for £5.29 or buy it to keep for £8.89

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/insidepiano

Apologies if you were already aware of this and were specifically looking for a free version from the "seven seas"

Thank you, Officer! I have bought it.

Magnum Valentino

Does anyone have the old Anchor Bay "Trilogy of the Dead" box set? Trying to confirm one of the features on the bonus disc but can't find any detailed reviews online.

Edit: Cross-referencing has confirmed it's Thomas Brown's 'Reflections on the Living Dead', which I've already got. So now YOU know!

SteveDave

"History Of The Occult" aka "Historia de lo Oculto" a film I first heard about in the "Late Night With The Devil" thread. I watched the first 30 seconds of the trailer and was in. Unfortunately, there's nothing on Prime nor Netflix and there's nought on the high seas. There's a version on YouTube but there's no English subtitles and I'm not learning Spanish.

Someone here sent me a link to download it but the link wouldn't work for me. Help me please.

Magnum Valentino

Quote from: SteveDave on April 12, 2024, 08:38:14 AM"History Of The Occult" aka "Historia de lo Oculto" a film I first heard about in the "Late Night With The Devil" thread. I watched the first 30 seconds of the trailer and was in. Unfortunately, there's nothing on Prime nor Netflix and there's nought on the high seas. There's a version on YouTube but there's no English subtitles and I'm not learning Spanish.

Someone here sent me a link to download it but the link wouldn't work for me. Help me please.

I'll PM you

nw83

This is more a 'does this film even exist?' or is it the Mandela effect?-question (hope that's OK!).

I remember seeing a film in the late '90s / early '00s in our local Blockbuster called Hate. It was an explicit British rip-off of homage to La Haine, not least having the same name. Pretty sure it was about a day in the life of three South Asian youths in London.

I never actually rented it, as there was always something else (was probably going through a Tartan Extreme / Artificial Eye phase), but I must've read the DVD box a hundred times.

Years later I watched La Haine again, tried to look it up, and could find no record of it at all. Zilch on the IMDB. That's not helped by not knowing the exact release date, and it having a difficult-to-Google title (keeps bringing up Dominic Savage's Love + Hate), but still - you'd think there'd be something. It was in Blockbuster!

So now I'm pretty intrigued, despite expecting the film to be pretty bad (I do like films set in one day, and it probably captures an interesting side of London though).

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Or is this my Shazaam?