Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

July 19, 2024, 10:26:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Not Only But Also: the audio

Started by Spiny Norman, April 17, 2024, 10:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiny Norman

There's so much sound left over from NOBA: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVYUq7aYmz1PbyRhHJT-GnK9TGdpCArTM
And that's not even all.

But wouldn't you know it, there's three, four sketches from S1E5 that exist as mute film: Something about a commercial/job offer, catching the bus, canvassing Dracula... Dudley in the shower...
But no audio tracks to be found!

Or am I wrong?

lauraxsynthesis

Oh wow! Anybody got this already as MP3s or will I need to do it myself? I hope one of them is the episode with Spike Milligan?

FredNurke

Oh wow - is this the cache that was found maybe 10-15 years ago?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: FredNurke on April 17, 2024, 10:43:21 PMOh wow - is this the cache that was found maybe 10-15 years ago?

I think you're thinking of the off-air recordings made by Graham Webb - if so, then no.

As far as I'm aware, the recordings he made were full episodes. But in any case, the ones on that channel don't completely correspond with the episodes that Webb made (i.e. there were ones he recorded that aren't listed on that channel and vice versa). I can't remember where the differences are but have them listed somewhere and can dig them out if anyone is interested.

Ignatius_S

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on April 17, 2024, 10:41:52 PMOh wow! Anybody got this already as MP3s or will I need to do it myself? I hope one of them is the episode with Spike Milligan?

One of them is that episode but it's not complete, although Milligan can be heard.

Spiny Norman

These are recordings by the late Peter Tatchell. People tended not to record the entire program because that was an hour of very expensive tape gone.

They've been known for a while. Actually they were just my introduction to the real question: Doesn't ANYBODY have (more) audio of 1/5 or 2/3? :o

JesusAndYourBush

Is the Cilla clip from s2e1 or is it Pete & Dud appearing on her show?

Ignatius_S

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 18, 2024, 01:45:53 PMIs the Cilla clip from s2e1 or is it Pete & Dud appearing on her show?

Appearing on her show - the video recording is available:

JesusAndYourBush

Ah I should have looked first!

Apart from the two that are available on youtube, does anyone know if any of the other 6(?) surviving episodes have appeared anywhere?

Quote from: Ignatius_S on April 18, 2024, 01:53:24 PM

Got to say, the idea of Pete, Dud and Cilla having a threesome has troubled me greatly since I watched this a few hours ago.

Spiny Norman

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on April 18, 2024, 03:15:12 PMAh I should have looked first!

Apart from the two that are available on youtube, does anyone know if any of the other 6(?) surviving episodes have appeared anywhere?
There's one chap going by three different names who sells all BBC programs. Probably based on preview copies because the resolution is never very high. He must be an insider who doesn't care for his career.)

But among that, there's 15 minutes from s1e5, containing at least two lengthy sketches, with no audio surviving at all. :(

Tags: