Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:34:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

US Elections 2020 II - Bernie Topwin: "We'll see this trashcan dream come true"

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, February 13, 2020, 01:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 20, 2020, 12:15:31 PM
Were the people at the top always all so fucking old? Nancy Pelosi 80, Mitch McConnell 78, Biden 78, Trump 76

No, this is atypical.

I would say "fucking boomers" but technically they're the greatest generation. Technically.

EDIT: Actually Trump is a boomer. He just scraped in.

peanutbutter

Quote from: Dewt on June 21, 2020, 07:57:28 PM
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/503653-primaries-renew-fears-about-democratic-unity-in-presidential-race

Mask off chastising of the plebs for engaging in the wrong kind of democracy
They legit think Sanders is some kind of cult leader that had tricked people into following his every whim, don't they? As opposed to his whole base being like "I guess we're stuck with Biden... let's at least get all these Schumer endorsed cunts off the ballot".

Dewt

I think that they actually believe the same thing as us - that the Sanders' candidacy would have likely instigated a huge reversal of the unfair system they benefit from. They just want to portray the cult leader/misbehaviour thing to keep it all nice and quelled.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Mister Six on June 20, 2020, 02:35:42 PM
No, this is atypical.

I would say "fucking boomers" but technically they're the greatest generation. Technically.

EDIT: Actually Trump is a boomer. He just scraped in.

Nah. Even Pelosi would only have been 5 at the end of WWII. Total Boomer.

Barry Admin

C_Larence

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 22, 2020, 12:27:10 AM
John Bolton has said he'll be voting for Joe Biden. Hahaha.

Wonder if that will become a month long debacle like Joe Rogan saying he might vote Bernie!

chveik

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/6/12/angela_davis_on_abolition_calls_to

QuoteAMY GOODMAN: And, of course, the president of Brazil, a close ally of President Trump. We only have two minutes, and I want to get to the election. When I interviewed you in 2016, you said you wouldn't support either main-party candidate at the time. What are your thoughts today for 2020?

ANGELA DAVIS: Well, my position really hasn't changed. I'm not going to actually support either of the major candidates. But I do think we have to participate in the election. I mean, that isn't to say that I won't vote for the Democratic candidate. What I'm saying is that in our electoral system as it exists, neither party represents the future that we need in this country. Both parties remain connected to corporate capitalism. But the election will not so much be about who gets to lead the country to a better future, but rather how we can support ourselves and our own ability to continue to organize and place pressure on those in power. And I don't think there's a question about which candidate would allow that process to unfold.

So I think that we're going to have to translate some of the passion that has characterized these demonstrations into work within the electoral arena, recognizing that the electoral arena is not the best place for the expression of radical politics. But if we want to continue this work, we certainly need a person in office who will be more amenable to our mass pressure. And to me, that is the only thing that someone like a Joe Biden represents. But we have to persuade people to go out and vote to guarantee that the current occupant of the White House is forever ousted.

Mister Six

Would be quicker to just say "I won't be voting for Biden, I'll be voting against Trump."

evilcommiedictator

Obama has talked about voting a lot to fix some of the problems, but it's hard when 767,000 residents can only use one voting booth, becuse of "can't find enough polling workers" lol.
Oh, turns out it's the place in Kentucky with the highest black population proportionally, strange that.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kentucky-braces-for-possible-voting-problems-in-tuesdays-primary-amid-signs-of-high-turnout/2020/06/19/b7b960ce-b199-11ea-8f56-63f38c990077_story.html (use incognito mode for the paywall)

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: evilcommiedictator on June 22, 2020, 03:51:20 AM
Obama has talked about voting a lot to fix some of the problems, but it's hard when 767,000 residents can only use one voting booth, becuse of "can't find enough polling workers" lol.
Oh, turns out it's the place in Kentucky with the highest black population proportionally, strange that.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/kentucky-braces-for-possible-voting-problems-in-tuesdays-primary-amid-signs-of-high-turnout/2020/06/19/b7b960ce-b199-11ea-8f56-63f38c990077_story.html (use incognito mode for the paywall)
Kentucky is the worst. Despite fighting on the Union (North) side in the Civil War, large sections of the population are so racist that they pretend they're a Confederate state. A week ago they finally removed their massive statue of Confederate president Jefferson Davis from the state government Capitol, which is kind of like if Britain had a statue of Hitler or Kaiser Bill in the Houses of Parliament. It was erected in 1936 too, so it's nothing to do with the actual Civil War and everything to do with showing Black people who's in charge.

Dewt

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1277318851160506369

This is the opposition to Trump. "He's going against our core values: military spending in preparation for war"

peanutbutter

Amy McGrath won over Booker by about 2% with like x10 of the budget and x100 of the name recognition due to her previous failed attempt.

Probably for the best tbh, McConnell isn't gonna lose his seat and it would've just been manipulated. Either McGrath wins and McConnell is out, or she loses and investing that much energy into a candidate just to run off a viable alternative looks really fucking dumb.

C_Larence

Quote from: peanutbutter on June 30, 2020, 09:49:34 PM
Amy McGrath won over Booker by about 2% with like x10 of the budget and x100 of the name recognition due to her previous failed attempt.

Probably for the best tbh, McConnell isn't gonna lose his seat and it would've just been manipulated. Either McGrath wins and McConnell is out, or she loses and investing that much energy into a candidate just to run off a viable alternative looks really fucking dumb.

Last I heard 6000 votes got thrown out and they might recount? Not sure if that's old news or not. Her spend was over 40 million while Bookers was less than 1 million, so it's amazing he got as close as he did.

Also, Project Lincoln is run by Bush era republicans, I don't care how good people think their anti trump content is, they are only running them because they want someone in office who doesn't say the quiet part loud, and will actually go to war.
https://twitter.com/_uncoolniece/status/1277979109340049413?s=21

Dog Botherer

that bunch of cunts over at Project Lincoln are exactly who will be running the show under Biden. just the most psychotic dead eyed fucks imaginable

EDIT: lmao i obviously did not click on that link first, me and Willy are on the same page i see

Quote from: C_Larence on June 30, 2020, 11:26:43 PM
and will actually go to war.

Oh wow, I hope the "Trump is an isolationist" thing isn't making a comeback.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on July 01, 2020, 01:25:56 AM

that was also a load of shit but currently the Dem's entire attack is based around declaring war on Russia

Quote from: Dog Botherer on July 01, 2020, 01:27:25 AM
that was also a load of shit but currently the Dem's entire attack is based around declaring war on Russia

I think their main attack is still the notion that Trump singlehandedly cause coronavirus even though the Democrats have proposed absolutely no remedial measures and some Democratic governors are a key part of the problem.

This current Russia thing is not the Dems, it's the military-industrial complex strategically stoking tensions at this exact moment for god knows what obscure mercantile reason. (The Swamp!)

C_Larence

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on July 01, 2020, 01:25:56 AM

I mean he fired Bolton and made fun of him for wanting to start a war. I don't think he's an isolationist as such I just think he truly can't be arsed with a war.

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on July 01, 2020, 01:30:32 AM
I think their main attack is still the notion that Trump singlehandedly cause coronavirus even though the Democrats have proposed absolutely no remedial measures and some Democratic governors are a key part of the problem.

This current Russia thing is not the Dems, it's the military-industrial complex strategically stoking tensions at this exact moment for god knows what obscure mercantile reason. (The Swamp!)

https://twitter.com/speakerpelosi/status/1277306010173087745?s=21

Dewt

Fortunately the Dems and the military-industrial complex are two entirely separate entities right

Quote from: Dewt on June 28, 2020, 09:39:51 PM

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1277318851160506369

Quote from: C_Larence on July 01, 2020, 01:32:23 AM
I mean he fired Bolton and made fun of him for wanting to start a war. I don't think he's an isolationist as such I just think he truly can't be arsed with a war.

He also hired John Bolton (and most likely only fired him because he got bored of his mustache or because Bolton didn't get him a coffee fast enough one time).

Dog Botherer

yeah the Dems are just as hopelessly inadequate on the coronavirus. Open Up The Right Way? fucking shambolic.

the Russia shit is absolutely some deep state natsec horseshit, but the Dems are eating that horseshit up. they're little war piggys at their core.

Quote from: Dewt on July 01, 2020, 01:33:08 AM
Fortunately the Dems and the military-industrial complex are two entirely separate entities right

Yes, they are. The military-industrial complex uses both political parties as it sees fit.

Of course as voters the individuals who make up the military-industrial complex are undoubtedly overwhelmingly Republican, for whatever that matters.

Do you expect a presidential candidate of either party to not invoke that story (which has now dutifully passed into the realm of Fact through our paper of record) during a campaign against an incumbent?

Quote from: Dog Botherer on July 01, 2020, 01:33:36 AM
they're little war piggys at their core.

Of course. Unfortunately (beyond unfortunately) the Democrats are still several orders of magnitude better than the Republicans on these types of issues.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on July 01, 2020, 01:37:18 AM
Of course. Unfortunately (beyond unfortunately) the Democrats are still several orders of magnitude better than the Republicans on these types of issues.

i have yet to see any conclusive proof of this tbf