Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,787
  • Total Topics: 106,777
  • Online Today: 949
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

EDL leader jailed for illegaly entering / leaving a country.

Started by Hangthebuggers, January 07, 2013, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hangthebuggers

Tommy Robinson / Stephen Lennon / Paul Harris or whatever the fuck he is calling himself has been jailed for 10 months for violating US immigration laws.

Already the morons on the EDL facebook groups are saying 'it's political correctness gone mad' , but ultimately is it now safe to say the EDL are loyally salivating over someone who is guilty of what he supposedly stands against. That is, a criminal who illegally violates passport control.

Bwahaha

Incidentally, his Barrister seems to be of dodgy moral fibre.

QuoteIn mitigation, his defence barrister, Giles Cockings, told the court that Lennon had not stolen the passport, and had only used it for a day.

He told the court his client had pleaded guilty straightaway, demonstrating "a certain amount of courage".

"Perhaps what screams volumes from this particular case are two main areas," he told the court.

"Firstly, this passport was not stolen, it was lent by a friend for whatever purpose.

"Secondly, he was only using the passport, it transpires, for a day and a half. In fact he only spent one evening in the United States of America.

"I think the intention was simply to avoid a necessity for a visa into the United States.

"Upon realising that in actual fact it was not going to assist matters, on realising he had committed an offence, he used his own passport to come back.

"It is not, I would suggest, the most aggravating of cases of this kind."

Oh, he was just using a false passport for a day... That's ok then.

Mildly Diverting

Hangthebuggers

Incidentally, why would anyone go to America for a day, especially when he was originally refused and how did he slip past the authorities twice? Once when he was released after finger prints were taken (and then he went to a hotel) and then again when he used a different passport to return.

Dodgy as hell. He must have connections of some sort, but I guess he's now on the FBI radar.

Mister Six

Quote from: Hangthebuggers on January 07, 2013, 02:04:40 PM
Incidentally, why would anyone go to America for a day, especially when he was originally refused and how did he slip past the authorities twice? Once when he was released after finger prints were taken (and then he went to a hotel) and then again when he used a different passport to return.

Dodgy as hell. He must have connections of some sort, but I guess he's now on the FBI radar.

Maybe a stopover? Though I can't imagine the guy was flying to Mexico...

Artemis

This is pleasing news. I was watching videos of this trumped up little oik just a few weeks ago and thinking his lack of self-awareness is going to land him in it one day, hopefully. That it's a foreign government he was trying to defraud that did it is a delightful irony, presumably lost on his simple-minded followers.

EDIT:

QuoteBut when he arrived at JFK, customs officials who took his fingerprints realised he was not McMaster. Lennon was asked to attend a second interview but left the airport, entering the US illegally.

How does that work, then?

George Oscar Bluth II

Wasn't he in the US to protest against the 'ground zero mosque' bullshit the far right in the US were all wound up about?