Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 06:33:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poorly thought out page layouts

Started by Cerys, January 11, 2013, 10:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerys

After the fun with US newspaper The Advocate's placement of a gun fair advert next to an article about the Connecticut school shootings, suddenly other papers want to get in on the act.

I therefore give you this thread, in which to slap other dickheaded juxtapositions from newspapers.  Or make up your own.  It's all good.

The Masked Unit

Kane Jones

tookish

billtheburger

GaspardW

It is real, but it actually appeared about four years ago in the Daily Mirror. Not sure why someone's photoshopped another paper's logo in over the top.

Kane Jones

Whoever put the tag 'Charlotte Church enters thread, predictably';

Beat you to it, did I?  Diddums.

Cerys

Quote from: GaspardW on January 11, 2013, 11:41:04 AM
It is real, but it actually appeared about four years ago in the Daily Mirror. Not sure why someone's photoshopped another paper's logo in over the top.

I'll ask the original poster.  Hang on.

Cerys

It's been pointed out to me that UFC 2010 wouldn't have been around four years ago.  It came out in 2011.

Edit - this place says it was the Mirror. The plot thickens.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on January 11, 2013, 12:06:14 PM
It's been pointed out to me that UFC 2010 wouldn't have been around four years ago.  It came out in 2011.

Looks like it probably is a fake. The Express logo does look ineptly shopped on at the top but more damning is that the text is from this Mirror story from 2008.

Edit: from the link you edited into your post:

Jerzy Bondov

I beat my wife all the time![nb]at Ticket to Ride and Carcassone[/nb]

Cerys

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 11, 2013, 12:14:22 PM
Looks like it probably is a fake. The Express logo does look ineptly shopped on at the top but more damning is that the text is from this Mirror story from 2008.

Edit: from the link you edited into your post:

So - someone thought the original page wasn't quite controversial enough?  What does that remind me of...?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on January 11, 2013, 12:23:56 PM
So - someone thought the original page wasn't quite controversial enough?  What does that remind me of...?

Looks like reality wasn't perfect enough for someone, yes. Even the reality of a great big arrow apparently pointing from the headline to the videos. What does it remind you of?

Cerys

The sexing up of the WMD dossier, maybe.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Cerys on January 11, 2013, 01:40:06 PM
The sexing up of the WMD dossier, maybe.

I see what you mean. I thought perhaps you were referring to this.

glitch

The people who are in charge of placing copy are different from those selling advertising placements and it can easily slip past a layout editor.