Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:09:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Invite to Oink or similar torrent tracker

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, March 03, 2006, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThickAndCreamy

Could I have an invite to what.cd anyone please? Only theres a few albums I want to try before I risk buying them for lot's of money.

That's one of the best requests I've ever seen :)

ThickAndCreamy

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 05, 2008, 01:15:59 PM
That's one of the best requests I've ever seen :)
Thank you, I do try my hardest.

If anyone could send me an invite PM me please.

Beck

I'd also very much like one of those! I've done nothing to deserve it and I'm intent on infringing everything in sight, but I'd be using the arse off it, if that 'suades you at all.

Me too, as I've said before. I'm an un-convicted music thief and would love to add to my string of felonious acts.

ThickAndCreamy

I've just realised I have some invites to give out for thebox.bz, three for the moment. Literally the best single torrent website in the world for british TV. Everything is on there from rarities shown in the 1960's, hard to find DVD releases, shows on last nights television to great shows never released on DVD. I only discovered this website a few months back and I already have 158GB's downloaded even after I've been a member to UKNova for over a year.

I was going to start a new topic for this as it isn't exactly oscillations related but it doesn't deserve a new topic. I wouldn't mind a few invites to other good torrent trackers in return please, preferably movie torrent sites if they are any or some good American TV sites. I'm not too bothered about music tracker sites now as I am going to be a good person and actually buy the CD's but I wouldn't mind some either.

So a favour for a favour anyone? If not I'll just give you an invite if possible anyway.

ThickAndCreamy

Quote from: TVs Nick Wealthall on July 21, 2008, 11:13:30 PM
http://thebox.bz/signup.php

It's currently open.
Oh, my posts a bit pointless then :S. It took me months of trying to get on that before and UKNova but alas I have no invites for UKNova as I have uploaded 20GB and downloaded 384GB which makes me not only a very bad user, but ineligible for invites too.

Father O`Blivion

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on June 17, 2008, 12:14:11 PM
Soulseek's the way to go. Especially if you're a Virgin Media customer, hopefully it's one protocol they aren't paying attention to.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/06/06/virgin_media_bpi_deal/

This was announced on most of the main news programs tonight so most of you BT & Virgin customers can expect a threatening letter in the next couple of weeks.

alan nagsworth

Shiiit. That's a real bitch. I'd like to know how much illegal stuff has to be on your PC for them to send you the letter. I've had about 7GB off what.cd, all of which is seeding openly most of the time. Am I gonna get a finger wagged at me?

It says they aren't going to disconnect people, just send a letter, as "most people threatened will cease to download"... well you can put me on the fearful list, I would most probably knock it on the head because really you never know what is coming next. That said, though, I always heard/assumed that the people who had downloaded excessive amounts of stuff would be first on the list, and my 7GB of downloads puts me right at the bottom really.

Hmm it makes me paranoid.

Father O`Blivion

Quote from: nagsworth on July 25, 2008, 04:35:23 AM
Shiiit. That's a real bitch. I'd like to know how much illegal stuff has to be on your PC for them to send you the letter. I've had about 7GB off what.cd, all of which is seeding openly most of the time. Am I gonna get a finger wagged at me?
70,000 letters was the figure quoted but I don't know if that was just one ISP or all of them.

It says they aren't going to disconnect people, just send a letter, as "most people threatened will cease to download"... well you can put me on the fearful list, I would most probably knock it on the head because really you never know what is coming next. That said, though, I always heard/assumed that the people who had downloaded excessive amounts of stuff would be first on the list, and my 7GB of downloads puts me right at the bottom really.
It's just a warning for now because BT got caught violating RIPA by conducting illegal tests of Phorm's packet inspection hardware on live data and although they used their puppets in Whitehall to stop the rozzers getting involved they'll still have to wait a bit for the kerfuffle to die down.
Once Phorm goes live on BT they'll quickly be followed by VM and eventually it's likely that all the other ISP's will follow suit.
Phorm and the ISP's claim that the technology will just collect anonymous statistics to be used for targeted advertising but as anyone who's read the patent application will be able to tell you the systems capable of a whole lot more. Such as monitoring and analysing the ISP's full traffic load in real time (including encrypted protocols) which makes it a piece of piss to find and prosecute anyone uploading or downloading something they shouldn't.

Hmm it makes me paranoid.
You're not the only one.
(If worst comes to worst just blame it on the Raykins).
(That will make more sense when you get to season 7)

alan nagsworth

Aye, well I read today that this sting is only targeting the largest known offenders. Obviously what.cd isn't the only torrent tracker out there (although my Demonoid account is saying that my upload ratio is about 300 times larger than my downloads. Shiiit.) but sites like PirateBay and mininova have people downloading shedloads of new music and more importantly films too which are obviously larger files.

Basically I think we're alright for now but who knows when the next strike will be? This move has been hailed as smart initiative so maybe this is the only time they will forewarn you, the next time they might make a move without warning.

Shiiit.

ThickAndCreamy

Could I have an invite to demonoid from somebody please, pretty please infact.

alan nagsworth

Do you still need one, TFB? PM me if you do and I'll give you the necessary gubbins.

ThickAndCreamy

Quote from: nagsworth on July 28, 2008, 12:49:42 PM
Do you still need one, TFB? PM me if you do and I'll give you the necessary gubbins.
Nope it's alright thanks, some lovely gentlemen on here has already given me one.

Canted_Angle

I would very much appreciate an Oink invite if any of you wonderful people have one to spare.

matt

I don't think Oink is running any more. I use what.cd these days and I'd happily send you an invite if it wasn't so bloody hard to acquire them - uploading 25Gb is going to take me many months and warnings from my ISP.

I would also quite like an invite to demonoid if anyone has a spare? Will trade for a what.cd invite (eventually).

thugler

Quote from: matt on July 28, 2008, 04:43:33 PM
I don't think Oink is running any more. I use what.cd these days and I'd happily send you an invite if it wasn't so bloody hard to acquire them - uploading 25Gb is going to take me many months and warnings from my ISP.

I would also quite like an invite to demonoid if anyone has a spare? Will trade for a what.cd invite (eventually).

Demonoid just opens its registrations every now and again, they don't do invites as far as I know.

I'm in the market for a waffles invite if anyone gets hold of one.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: thugler on July 28, 2008, 06:49:59 PM
Demonoid just opens its registrations every now and again, they don't do invites as far as I know.

I generated an invite code earlier on there in case TheFatBloke still needed one, so I can confirm it's still possible.

chocky909

On Demonoid I think you can still grab torrents without actually being registered? I just checked and it seems to still be the case. I never really understood why they have limited registrations and an invites system because of this. I am a member and I don't know what the benefits are.

Toad in the Hole

Quote from: TheFatBloke on July 21, 2008, 11:19:59 PM
Oh, my posts a bit pointless then :S. It took me months of trying to get on that before and UKNova but alas I have no invites for UKNova as I have uploaded 20GB and downloaded 384GB which makes me not only a very bad user, but ineligible for invites too.

There are no invites at all for UKN, ever.  Just pot luck trying to sign up.

Canted_Angle, I can't believe you managed to miss OiNK getting shut down!  It was all over the national news...

joeyzaza

I have invites to what.cd for the first 3 people that PM me a valid e-mail address. As a reminder, 48 hours of freeleech starts at 8PM tonight on what.cd i.e. anything you upload is counted, but you can download as much as you like without it being credited to your ratio. This should also be the case for anyone that joins up before the freeleech period starts.

thugler

just pm'd. then realised I was far too late. Curse those who are up that early.

Lee

I'm guessing I'm too late for Joey's offer... but if anyone had an invite for either What or Demonoid I'd greatly appreciate it. Cheers.

trench

I think Demonoid have open registrations for a couple of hours every Friday.

Mindbear

I really, really, really want to be on waffles, but I don't know anyone on it. Are there many people on there?

djtrees

I should be able to offer some What.CD invites if I could actually get onto it. Does anyone know if its acting soft cos of Freeleeching? Or is my internet frigged? PM me if you want an invite.

thugler

Quote from: djtrees on September 22, 2008, 10:28:06 AM
I should be able to offer some What.CD invites if I could actually get onto it. Does anyone know if its acting soft cos of Freeleeching? Or is my internet frigged? PM me if you want an invite.

It's not working for me either. There were a few traffic jams during the freeleech so I assume it's just something like that. I'm going to work on my ratio a ton so hopefully I'll have some what invites for people before too long.

Lee

Quote from: djtrees on September 22, 2008, 10:28:06 AM

I just PMed you, but I'm not sure if it got sent.

djtrees

Ooops, to the people who PM'ed me (yup yours came mister Lee) I finally managed to log in and I'm still a little off for a Power User, so no invites at the minute, but I'll get right on it. Pity I missed the free leech would have had invites coming out of my arse then.