Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:06:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Invite to Oink or similar torrent tracker

Started by Al Tha Funkee Homosapien, March 03, 2006, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chocky909

Quote from: Mindbear on September 22, 2008, 01:47:47 AM
I really, really, really want to be on waffles, but I don't know anyone on it. Are there many people on there?

Quote from: waffles statsRegistered users   35,154
Total Torrents   198,464
Recently Seeded Torrents   170,490
Seeders   661,287
Leechers   18,566

Quote from: whatCD stats*  Maximum Users: 100,000
    * Enabled Users: 59,592
    * Online Users: 4,689
    * Users active today: 25,622
    * Users active this week: 43,059
    * Users active this month: 55,014
    * Torrents: 263,881
    * Albums: 168,937
    * Artists: 74,619
    * Requests: 15,348 (52.63% filled)
    * Snatches: 7,728,226
    * Peers: 1,866,689
    * Seeders: 1,811,675
    * Leechers: 55,014
    * Seeder/Leecher Ratio: 32.93

WhatCD is better if you ask me. Obviously being a member of both is best for rare stuff but don't feel like you're missing out. Good work on the whatCD ratio btw mindbear. You'll be a power user soon at this rate.

I am a member of waffles but don't have any invites because I don't use it much and therefore don't upload much. I actually got my invite from some extreme user on whatCD who said in her 'sig' just to PM her your email and she'd send you an invite because she had infinite invitations priveleges. As far as I know she doesn't have that ability anymore so don't ask me for her details.

Old Thrashbarg

I also find What.CD to be the better site generally. Apart from the greater number of torrents and seeders, it's also a much nicer interface running on top of better software. Waffles doesn't get a lot of use from me with virtually everything being also available on What, but usually with more seeders and a larger choice of formats (although I only ever go for V0s if possible).

Hank_Kingsley

Not really the right thread but has anyone got a spare invite to myspleen?

I could give you and everyone you know an invite to thebox in return (hmmmm, not really selling it well). I could also be your friend and ring you up and turn up to your birthdays and stuff.

Duckula

I have two what.cd invites, first two people to PM me get them.

edit: Both went to Lee and ThickAndCreamy

hundred

Hello. I would like an invite to what.cd or waffles please. I can offer a brand new invite for RevolutionTT in exchange if that floats your boat.

alan nagsworth

I'm not sure if this was the thread where we were discussing the crackdown on downloaders but fuck it...

Just thought I'd offer some friendly, albeit obvious, advice: If you're still unsure as to whether or not the whole issue is being taken seriously, the other day my mate was nailed for downloading the game Test Drive: Unlimited via torrents, and was kindly handed a court-ordered fine for £630. Only two days prior to this, we were discussing piracy and he said "I download tons of shit every day and you don't see me getting caught." The letter he received even went so far as to list the bittorrent client he used to download it.

So yeah, it could happen to you. If it's at all possible to "remain vigilant" somehow, then I'd advise it strongly...

It seems the only thing you can get done for downloading is Test Drive: Unlimited. Why anyone would even download such a crock of crap is a bit of a puzzler for me. Anyway, see other thread (which I'm too busy to find right now) where someone got the same letter for the same crime. Just don't pay it and flee. Yo, why do you think I came to China? I downloaded a C64 copy of Microprose Soccer and woke up in a cold sweat after being duffed up by pigs in tracksuits (nightmare). Better safe than sorry. Oh, good news! Ladies' day has arrived so I'm not a father!!!!

Uncle TechTip

Yeah, gotta watch the games as quite a few threatening letters have started to appear, all emanating from one company (presumably the makers of Test Drive). I've seen several titles mentioned. Though discovering the address & client isn't hard, just click the Peers tab.

Did your mate cough up? Or is he prepared to go to court, open wireless point, plausible deniability, and all that? After all,they can't prove it's YOU, this is still just a threat designed to scare you.

Having said that I think someone did try that gambit in a UK court recently, it didn't work.

Vitalstatistix

Wouldn't the game manufacturer only be able to get this personal information through the internet provider?

I thought we were only at the stage of threatening letters from IPs?

NoSleep

Quote from: Vitalstatistix on October 06, 2008, 02:00:40 PM
Wouldn't the game manufacturer only be able to get this personal information through the internet provider?

I thought we were only at the stage of threatening letters from IPs?

You get the IP address and the bit torrent client of every person connected to a tracker simply by connecting to it as a user.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Uncle TechTip on October 06, 2008, 10:18:27 AM
Did your mate cough up? Or is he prepared to go to court, open wireless point, plausible deniability, and all that? After all,they can't prove it's YOU, this is still just a threat designed to scare you.

He doesn't seem the sort to pay fines. He said he's gonna send them a letter telling them he hasn't been selling it to third parties in an attempt to get them to maybe reduce the fine. Looking at these replies though, it looks like that's a bad idea as they know you got their letter and will probably take it further a lot quicker.

What would you advise- ignore it and hope it blows over? That is, if he hasn't already sent that letter...

NoSleep

Can somebody who is a member of waffles.fm contact me by PM, please? I was told my password was wrong a couple of days back and despite several attempts at resetting it I still can't get into the site, so I need a messenger.

NoSleep

Just to say: Thanks for replying chaps. Problem sorted.

Toad in the Hole

I've got a few invites for waffles available, particularly interested in swapping for invites to other similar sites - what.cd in particular... hit me up by PM.

edit: one more waffles invite to swap for one to what...

Toad in the Hole

matt

Does any kind person have a what.cd invite they could send my way? I would be eternally grateful.

Famous Mortimer

Johnny Townmouse

On a related point, a *friend* of mine is able to connect to the internet via at least three local non-secured wireless accounts. If *he* downloaded torrents whilst connected through a neighbours internet router, would *he* be trackable?

Regardless of the morality, of course.

ThickAndCreamy

No, the IP would which is not on his account. Realistically though, with a wireless connection, you can't prove someone downloaded it to their computer without searching their hard drive.

Basically, he'll be fine.

Italian Sexuality

Five Demonoid invites going for nothing for anyone, basically. I rarely use the bugger so no loss to me if my account gets buggered.

Italian Sexuality

Cock fuck cock and piss cock.

My fault completely but I fucked up my ratio on what.cd. Has anybody got any tips to get my uploads cranking? I don't have any CDs with me in China. Nobody ever seems to download what I've downloaded. Ever.

Old Thrashbarg

There's an easy way to change that: download something that's popular, preferably with a lot of leechers and not too many seeders. New releases especially are good for this.

Thanks. I'll do my best...I'll be lost without it.

chocky909

What happened to Waffles? I seem to have been deleted despite having torrents seeding (I thought). There seems to have been some changes to the URL too. Can someone who is a member ask a mod if I'm definately gone for good? Same username. I had a cracking ratio too...

NoSleep

Only too glad to, chocky. If not for you I would have been locked out of waffles.fm the same way. Probably you didn't visit for (something like) 8 weeks. I had to link up to their IRC and chat to a mod there. I'll get you the address, as you'll have to talk to them yourself.

NoSleep

Here's what you were pm'd by the mods to pass on to me:

QuoteI got a PM through the site.

irc.p2p-network.net

#waffles.fm-help

have your friend speak to a mod or above.

/michelle

BEGGING LETTER

If anyone has a spare waffles invite, I'd chomp your cock off for it.

Marvin

chocky909

Cheers NS. I'll have to figure out how to use irc again though. I tried it a few years back with minimum success. Can someone recommend a simple, free IRC client?