Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

R4mak4

Started by bgmnts, March 20, 2023, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Yeah I'd recommend Revelations 2 above it, as you play as Barry Burton.

Thursday

I played Revelations fairly recently, mainly just because it's one I wanted to tick off the list, and it's not bad but I remember it really started to drag even though it's not a long game at all, it's a cool setting for a Resident Evil game though. Most obnoxious character design of all time in Jessica.

Glebe

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on March 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PMIt's a port of a game designed for a handheld system which informs some of the weirdness of how it handles I think.

Hmmm, that would explain it alright. I've gotten used to it now and it's enjoyable enough, if a little frustrating by turns.

Quote from: Thursday on March 09, 2024, 01:41:25 PMMost obnoxious character design of all time in Jessica.

Yeah, she's like somebody Chris met at a party and just brought along.

I'm at the bit where the zombie woman is chasing you around the ship. No green herbs and I keep getting kilt.

popcorn

Glebe is obviously lying about playing all of these Resident Evil games.

He can't possibly play them, he is scared.

Glebe

I'm not scared but I might start again as I am fucked for herbs. And I missed a few handprints.

Glebe

Revelations has that difficulty level issue a number of RE games have, namely throwing a tricking boss/situation at you early on, in this case that fucking Comms Officer zombie dude ("Mayday, maaaay-daaaay!!"). But I managed to beat him and Zombie Rachel... I've gotten to the bit with the yoke is on top of the lift, totally fucked and no herbs, but apparently you can scan the monster for 50% so will prolly do that and kill/scan a few monsters in the Promenade area.

Ferris

Yeah that's a bastard, I've binned off lesser games for the sin of putting you into a situation which is functionally impossible to complete because you've razzed all your bits and bobs on the big monster bastard from the previous bit.

Outer Worlds, for one.

Glebe

RE: REVELATIONS: PROLOGUE

CAPTAIN: Welcome to our luxury liner!

PASSENGER: Why are there packets of bullets and potted herbs lying around everywhere?!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Just started playing the remake on Series X and I'm finding the aiming quite wank. Turning up the aim acceleration to full helped, although it's a bit twitchy, but at least the cursor isn't drunkenly lurching across the screen like it does on default.
Did anyone tweak the aiming to perfection, or at least get it close to the way it was in RE2/3, or did you just stick with the default and get used to it?

Glebe

Completed Revelations, the final boss is a pain in the arse. Only had a few magnum bullets left, wacked me Damagex5 onto that powerful rifle and managed to beat him.

Glebe

Right so I've started on Revelations 2. It's not bad, bit of a Silent Hill vibe going on.

The Culture Bunker

I did play through the RE3 Remake over the last week and did quite enjoy it. Could have done with fleshing out a bit more, but it was nice to see the tie-in with Marvin from RE2 - just a shame we didn't get the rescue from Big Baz Burton at the end, natch.

madhair60

i liked the RE3 remake a lot. a breezy linear action movie of a game. fun!